Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Grigson / Pagano saga (merged)

Dustin

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, twfish said:

Obviously 100% satire since everything is grigs fault...

not everything for sure but lets be honest Dorsett in the first round with all our needs sorry in this case drafting the best player over need was just plain dumb and that is only one example of Grigs ineptness please fire Grigs NUFF SAID

No they all need to go. Grigson is just terrible. "Oh lets go sign a bunch of mediocre players instead of good players because good players may have a higher cap hit. "But then lets over pay the mediocre players to ensure they come here" My dislike for our general manager runs pretty deep. Greg Toler over Sean Smith. Erik Walden over Elvis Dumervil. Todd Herremans over Ritchie Incognito. Trent Cole over Parnell McPhee. Andre Johnson over Brandon Marshall. Trading a 1st rounder for Trent Richardson. Drafting Werner over guys like Rhodes. We have to get a GM who'll go all out in free agency and go all in for guys like Mo Wilkerson or Malik Jackson, Sean Smith or Janorris Jenkins, Miller if he's available or Ware if he's cut, Osemele, Wisnewski, Those type of players. And we need a GM who doesn't care to bring in guys with off the field issues if they're stars on the field. Who puts winning above all else. We need a tough defense full of hard hitting nasty playmakers. I'm tired of being the soft nice guy team.

38 minutes ago, adamr said:

I think the rumor is that one of Irsay's daughters has a good relationship with Grigson and trusts him. 

There was also rumors of a romantic relationship as hell....yes I know both are married, no I have no link. But I've heard it mentioned several times over the course of the season by a more than one radio host

1 hour ago, Andrew Luck's Beard said:

And keep Pagano! He wants to stay, and he's not the problem!

We saw what the defense could be with the proper players. Our d-line is actually decent now. The LBs can make plays as shown by today's game and past games. The secondary could be good if Grigs could actually bring more people in instead of trash corners.

And offense isn't Chuck's specialty, so Grigs should be given more fault here. O-line! That is a part of an offense! And we have done little to nothing that's worked! A former lineman should be able to judge talent at that position at least...

The WR corps has been spent heavily on and hasn't really turned out well at all. Outside of TY and the occasional Moncrief, Grigs' additions have been very ineffective so far. Dorsett has been hurt a lot, but DHB and Andre haven't been great for us. It seems like despite all we try to do, our WRs have failed to live up to the hype they were given and don't even get open at all! This may be scheme related, but Grigs still has to be held accountable a little bit.

Finally, Grigs's attitude towards the coach simply will NOT work, whether we keep Chuck or switch to a new coach. The COACH is given the responsibility to choose what players play, and the GM should NOT be able to interefere with what the coach thinks is best. I doubt any new HC would like Grigs butting in on all of their decisions, either.

Grigs is the problem! Give Chuck another chance!

I'm not sure how the Colts would do that unless they allow Pagano to help pick the GM.  If they fire Grigson and bring in a new GM, that new GM will want to bring in his own coaches.  If they keep Grigson I am not sure who would want to coach at Indy, because if the team falls on it's face again next year Grigson will probably be fired and then the new coach is in a bad situation after just one year.

Although there a clearly areas of talent deficiency,the OL being the most obvious, imho the team's biggest issues were in coaching / scheme.  And to be fair, it's not like Grigson ignored the OL.   A lot of his moves, for whatever reasons, just didn't work out.

Guess I am in the mobility that, despite some misses (Richardson / Werner being the most obvious two), I just don't see the grade F that most of the Fire Grigson crew see.  At the end of the day, I see a coaching staff that has failed to adapt and do their job.  An example = how slow they were to replace Pep as OC ... that should have been done before the season, as the bad O scheme was pretty darn clear last season to those paying attention ( and looking deeper that the high O ranking of 2014 ).

Assuming a coaching staff change IS going to happen, though, the GM and new coaching staff must be on the same page with clearly defined lines of responsibility, because if not, then the whole works needs to be changed.   

End of of the day, though, if the owner is on board with the GM, then there is no need to get rid of the GM simply because of a change in coaching staff.   Guess we're soon going to find out what Irsay thinks of Grigson.

what I WILL say is if Grigson is retained, then his contract ought to be extended by at least 1-2 years before next Sean starts.   I still think it was a mistake to go into this season with a potential lame duck coach & I think it would be an equal mistake to go into next year with a lame duck GM.  This falls on Irsay.

Grigson is the big issue with this team.

He intervenes too much in personnel decisions. And he doesn't get on with Pags. If we move on from Pags, we won't be able to find a HC because no coach wants to coach a team where he can be overruled on personnel decisions. 

He's batted .500 in drafts and well below that in FA. For big time trades he's .500 (Vontae, Trent). 

He needs to go.

14 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Although there a clearly areas of talent deficiency,the OL being the most obvious, imho the team's biggest issues were in coaching / scheme.  And to be fair, it's not like Grigson ignored the OL.   A lot of his moves, for whatever reasons, just didn't work out.

Guess I am in the mobility that, despite some misses (Richardson / Werner being the most obvious two), I just don't see the grade F that most of the Fire Grigson crew see.  At the end of the day, I see a coaching staff that has failed to adapt and do their job.  An example = how slow they were to replace Pep as OC ... that should have been done before the season, as the bad O scheme was pretty darn clear last season to those paying attention ( and looking deeper that the high O ranking of 2014 ).

Assuming a coaching staff change IS going to happen, though, the GM and new coaching staff must be on the same page with clearly defined lines of responsibility, because if not, then the whole works needs to be changed.   

End of of the day, though, if the owner is on board with the GM, then there is no need to get rid of the GM simply because of a change in coaching staff.   Guess we're soon going to find out what Irsay thinks of Grigson.

what I WILL say is if Grigson is retained, then his contract ought to be extended by at least 1-2 years before next Sean starts.   I still think it was a mistake to go into this season with a potential lame duck coach & I think it would be an equal mistake to go into next year with a lame duck GM.  This falls on Irsay.

Please Grigson, quit your job. 

Count me in as one who says both need to go. Neither one has lived up to the expectations of the franchise when they were hired. Don't let the records fool you. Our record against non division opponents is just plain bad. Grigson has been a far cry from the " scouting guru" he was touted as. Pagano has been a far cry from the "defensive guru" he was touted as. Time for a new start on all fronts.

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

There was also rumors of a romantic relationship as hell....yes I know both are married, no I have no link. But I've heard it mentioned several times over the course of the season by a more than one radio host

Which radio hosts?

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

No there aren't. There's just people who don't know anything claiming that there are rumors so that they can sound like they know something.

Just now, Superman said:

Unless Irsay fires the GM and waits on the head coach, like he did last time.

Pagano doesn't have a contract so he can't really let Pagano dangle like he did Caldwell.  Pagano said he has a meeting with Irsay tomorrow.  I would fully expect that Pagano's fate will be told to him there or Pagano might just tell them he's leaving since his contract is up. 

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Pagano doesn't have a contract so he can't really let Pagano dangle like he did Caldwell.  Pagano said he has a meeting with Irsay tomorrow.  I would fully expect that Pagano's fate will be told to him there or Pagano might just tell them he's leaving since his contract is up. 

That's the most likely outcome. Pagano's contract kind of makes it a foregone conclusion.

Irsay is trying to show a little class before booting him out of the building by telling HIM "thank you for coaching the team, we just didn't make the playoffs and if we did I would like to go all the way.  I'll try it with the new GM and new HC and his staff.  Thanks again "Chucki" "

Reasons to fire Pagano for this seasons performance:

1) Fake punt play against Pats

2) Losses against Texans and Jacksonville (51 freaking points)

3) Blowout against Steelers

4) Slow starts

5) Lack of improvement on defense

4 hours ago, csmopar said:

Which radio hosts?