Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Kraft took a shot at the Colts tonight

RockThatBlue

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The rivalry started after the 2003 AFC Title Game. That was a close game, the Patriots won and went on

to win the SB but I think most could start to see Peyton was really getting awesome at that point. Between the 2003 Season-2009 Season was when it was at it's best (those 7 seasons). Peyton's last great season with us was 2009. During that 7 year span the Patriots and Colts played 10 times and it was 5-5. Patriots won both games in 2003 and both in 2004 but after that the Colts only loss once more which was in 2007. Colts won in 2005, both games in 2006, 2008, and 2009. We beat Matt Cassel in 2008 so we were 4-5 against Brady from 2003-2009. Playoff battles Patriots won in 2003 and 2004, Colts won in 2006. The winner of those games went on to win the SB.

That entire quote is not MY words, it was lifted word from word from WEEI, http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2015/10/29/robert-kraft-theres-nothing-more-satisfying-than-saddling-the-indianapolis-colts-with-a-loss/

Again, Kraft was talking about McGinest's career and the 2003 play which is his signature play. That is what he was referencing by saddling the Colts with another loss. I am not sure what else you guys are trying to read into it other than that.

I think you are correct . However it's ironic that that play involved the Pats almost certainly cheating by stopping the game with W. M. faking an injury. 

I think if the integrity of the game is at risk, it should be brought to someone's attention. It's not whining, it's called making sure everyone's playing fairly. Goodell was the one who made it all derail pathetically. Colts stayed out of it after calling them out.

Not deflate gate. Talking as far back as when they would mug our receivers. Stealing signs, video tapping practices. Some stuff is bad but the others it's up to the refs to call it. They mug ours, we mug theirs. Try beating them up on the field.

People are going to make this a bigger deal than it is.  I'm sure most people on here feel the same way about the Patriots.  There's nothing like seeing the Pats lose.  The Colts and Pats had/have a rivalry, so it makes sense for him to say he's happy to see his team beat their rivals.  This isn't a big deal.

You guys are reading way too much into this. Willie's signature play was stuffing James in 2003. Every single time Willie's highlights are shown, that is the play that is the lead. So naturally Kraft when inducting him into the Pats HoF mentioned that play and giving the Colts a loss.

Willie had a miracules immediate comeback after his "injury" gave the Pats a timout to regroup. Typical Pats.

Willie had a miracules immediate comeback after his "injury" gave the Pats a timout to regroup. Typical Pats.

Yep. It was more blatantly obvious during those times too. There's videos of a couple players of the same team both falling over almost simultaneously on the field to fake an injury. Some aren't even too far long ago too. lol

"There's nothing more satisfying than saddling the Indianapolis Colts with a loss, something the Patriots did 16 times in Willie McGinest's career," Kraft said after the two-time Pro Bowl linebacker was inducted into the team's Hall of Fame at halftime of New England's game against Miami.

The crowd then roared after seeing video of McGinest making a tackle on a goal-line stop against the Colts to seal a win in November 2003.

http://www.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14006273/new-england-patriots-owner-robert-kraft-takes-dig-indianapolis-colts-speech-honoring-willie-mcginest

:facepalm:

Maybe Steven Tyler sliped the old man a mickie.

If the role was reverse and the Colts became a dynasty team the past decade, us Colts fans would have confident and arrogant personalities too. If your organization have been winning for a long time, you deserve the rights to brag. Winners get to brag and losers don't. Plain and Simple 

If the role was reverse and the Colts became a dynasty team the past decade, us Colts fans would have confident and arrogant personalities too. If your organization have been winning for a long time, you deserve the rights to brag. Winners get to brag and losers don't. Plain and Simple 

No one is denying that. But you forget to add a bragger is classless. The point here is Kraft is the arrogant personality you speak of.

You guys are reading way too much into this. Willie's signature play was stuffing James in 2003. Every single time Willie's highlights are shown, that is the play that is the lead. So naturally Kraft when inducting him into the Pats HoF mentioned that play and giving the Colts a loss.

Thats what we do. Read inyo stuff.

haha

Didn't he AND Harrison fall down with injuries on that play? Heck, there maybhave 3 or 4 more. The Harrison saw Willie on the ground, knew Willie was a better actor so Harrison got up? I think that happened.

They really should have worked out the choreography better.

Man the Colts were so bad from 1984-1986 it was comical but then we traded for Eric Dickerson in 1987 and won the Division. In 1988 and 1989 we were respectable but basically a .500 team. The Colts here in Indianapolis had only 2 seasons that could be considered Good to Very Good prior to Peyton who came in 1998 and 1998 was a disaster as well at 3-13 and Peyton's 28 INT's, that was 1987 and 1995. Yep the good ol days haha. Luck has yet to have a season where he hasn't won at least 11 games in his 3 but that is in jeopardy this season. 9-7 still isn't out of the question if we sweep the Division with the Bucs and Dolphins on our schedule too. If we win Monday I got us going at least 9-7.

What made me really sad and upset was the intro to the game with all those kids that were New England fans...they literally do not believe the Pats ever cheated. That was just sad. They think its just jealousy.  This is not something kids should be looking up to or thinking that winning is all that matters.

What made me really sad and upset was the intro to the game with all those kids that were New England fans...they literally do not believe the Pats ever cheated. That was just sad. They think its just jealousy. This is not something kids should be looking up to or thinking that winning is all that matters.

Except, of course, science proves that the Patriots didn't cheat.

By the way, Ted Washington stopped Edgerrin more in that play that Willie.

What made me really sad and upset was the intro to the game with all those kids that were New England fans...they literally do not believe the Pats ever cheated. That was just sad. They think its just jealousy.  This is not something kids should be looking up to or thinking that winning is all that matters.

Or maybe they just watch the team on the field dominate year after year since they were born and realize whatever unproven allegations are tossed out there don't hold water.

Or maybe they just watch the team on the field dominate year after year since they were born and realize whatever unproven allegations are tossed out there don't hold water.

Dear Lord did you have to phone in for the extra arrogance required for this post. Let's not act like there also haven't been proven allegations if you want to bang that drum.

Yeah, that was pretty annoying.....but it didn't surprise me in the least.

Remember, these are kids from a commonwealth whose citizens.....likely their parents and grandparents....elected, and then re-elected....and then re-re-re-re-re-elected a Senator who, while stinking drunk, drove off a bridge and then proceeded to swim to his own safety....leaving behind his young mistress to drown.

Nobody's perfect, but the bar for character and personal integrity among generationally worshipped heroes in that part of the country is so low you couldn't slide a razor blade under it.

Good thing we Colt fans are a patient lot.

I'm running a lil low, you have any spare I can get from you. I'll pay you back as soon as the karma train arrives. I'm beginning to think there may be 2 stops on the karma train. Only runs straight between NE and Seattle. No stops in between. Just hoping for a derailment.