Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

In 50 words or less, what is wrong with the colts

CR91

Grigson.  He can't build a team.  Where is the O-line?  We don't draft any good tackles or guards or centers.  Dorsett instead of O-line.  Really?  Werner instead of O-line.  Really?  Pagano's on the hot seat instead of Grigson,  Really?  Don't wait for the end of the season, sack him now. 

It would take more than 50 words...but honestly...Andrew Luck needs help.  He has been in Peps system for how long now...college and pros? 7-8 years....maybe he hasn't progressed because the system and cordinator is holding him back. (maybe)  The rest I can't say about the coaching...I'm not inside the team. I don't know if the GM is meddling with coaches..I don't know if the coaches are just not preparing this team...or if they simply are over their head.  Team seems to love them but I think some accountability is in order...and that to me is Pep and Chuck as where I'd have to start. Sorry lots more than 50 words...but you know me lol.

try to keep this civil

Can't do it correctly in 50 but here is a short list

Coaching

Personnel

Lack of Motivation to start games

Chemistry among certain players

Offensive Line talent

Turnovers (decision making and technique of holding onto the football)

Play calling (at times)

Game plan

blocking/protection schemes

Pass rushing

Zone coverage (need more man)

injuries

Holding Penalties

Griff Whalen

Superman isn't being Superman

I did my best. I think that's 50 exactly but perhaps I didn't count correctly, didn't really care!  Looks like it's not that short of a list, and since I was restricted to 50 words I couldn't elaborate the best, but I think we all get the gist

Grigson.  He can't build a team.  Where is the O-line?  We don't draft any good tackles or guards or centers.  Dorsett instead of O-line.  Really?  Werner instead of O-line.  Really?  Pagano's on the hot seat instead of Grigson,  Really?  Don't wait for the end of the season, sack him now. 

exactly 50. nice job

We don't draft any good tackles or guards or centers? Not true.

– After a solid rookie season, left guard Jack Mewhort (+3.3) has turned into the greatest success of this young season for the Colts after they called time on the experiment to play him at right tackle. Since Mewhort was moved back to guard in Week 3, only three guards (Marshal Yanda, Joel Bitonio, and Evan Mathis) have bettered Mewhort’s +9.8 overall grade, and none have bettered his +8.6 run block grade that he added to with his fourth straight grade of +1.0 or better last night.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/10/19/ne-ind-grades-bradys-brilliance-powers-pats-to-victory/

Dorsett instead of O-line? Really. Imagine Hilton is injured now, not Dorsett, and there is no Dorsett. Whalen is a starter. Oops.

It's much harder to name things that aren't wrong with this team. It's a bad team with bad coaching. Through three years, they have been winning with smoke and mirrors and Luck. In 2015, the Luck appears to have run out... at least for the moment.

I would note that the front office turmoil could be affecting the team.

When there where rumblings that the owner and GM where gonna get rid of Harbaugh after the season was up, the 49er's limped to an 8 - 8 record.  (They had been extremely dominate before that.)

Starting this season knowing their coach is on a contract year and would have to do something amazing to keep his job could easily take the wind out of the team.  

I can't put my finger on what it is, but the same thing happened with Harbaugh and I think that can easily affect things.  Maybe it just makes the players feel like management has given up on this group and they start mailing it in.  Especially if you've been winning and they are gonna dump the coach anyways.  Perhaps it sort of makes the players feel like "What do we have to do??"  

I would note that the front office turmoil could be affecting the team.

When there where rumblings that the owner and GM where gonna get rid of Harbaugh after the season was up, the 49er's limped to an 8 - 8 record.  (They had been extremely dominate before that.)

Starting this season knowing their coach is on a contract year and would have to do something amazing to keep his job could easily take the wind out of the team.  

I can't put my finger on what it is, but the same thing happened with Harbaugh and I think that can easily affect things.  Maybe it just makes the players feel like management has given up on this group and they start mailing it in.  Especially if you've been winning and they are gonna dump the coach anyways.  Perhaps it sort of makes the players feel like "What do we have to do??"

I agree with this and on ESPN NFL Insiders comment was the team has too many free agents. Called them mercenaries for a paycheck at the end of their career. Not emotionally attached to the team like a draftee.

50 words that is easy.

The coaching staff teaches no discipline, we come out flat and unmotivated.  Pep Hamilton is a college OC nowhere near ready to coach in the Pros.  If we followed the offensive blueprint from the first half of the Pats game all season we would be closer to 6-1 or 5-2.   

• Lack of front office leadership from Irasy and Grigson

Poor coaching: bad play calling, chronic slow starts

Undisciplined play

Not enough talent

Luck is over thinking

Not using Gore enough

FA strategy is awful

Too many under performing players: Luck, Newsome, Allen, Cole, Johnson

Can't do it correctly in 50 but here is a short list

Coaching

Personnel

Lack of Motivation to start games

Chemistry among certain players

Offensive Line talent

Turnovers (decision making and technique of holding onto the football)

Play calling (at times)

Game plan

blocking/protection schemes

Pass rushing

Zone coverage (need more man)

injuries

Holding Penalties

Griff Whalen

Superman isn't being Superman

I did my best. I think that's 50 exactly but perhaps I didn't count correctly, didn't really care!  Looks like it's not that short of a list, and since I was restricted to 50 words I couldn't elaborate the best, but I think we all get the gist

That sums it up folks!