Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dwayne Allen's Comments on the Offense

Ja'Crispy

The beginning of the season I remember him dropping two balls during the Bills game alone. I am basing my opinion off of this year not previous years as players fluctuate.

Everyone on this team is dropping balls, not just Allen.

The team is playing too tight. They need to loosen up and just have some fun.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there lads. Lets speak some English here. The word is dominant. 

And, no, Dwayne Allen has not been a dominant TE for a while. He's a stallion when healthy, but that was a while ago. 

That being said, spreading the ball around and utilizing a short passing game will save our QB's life. The 7 step drop and wait for the players to come open doesn't work when the world is blitzing the heck out of you. Lets pray Pep is listening. In the meantime, Dwayne Allen, get your butt back on the field and show what you can do. Until then, keep your mouth shut. 

someone needed to speak-up.  he probably figured that if he didn't, no one else would.  it would be nice if he was healthy and made the statement, but who cares, I don't think it's such a bad thing that he came out.  we should use all of our weapons for sure and keep defenses guessing.  when he gets back on the field, he can be the missing puzzle piece to this baffling offense.  let's let him get back in a game (this Thursday hopefully) and do his thing and see if he can stay healthy, which I think he can.  it really could turn things around and open up our short to intermediate game (which we need), and his blocking, yea, we need that too.

He was never dominant. However Pep did happen and well that is just sad because he along with most of our skill players well they have SKILLZ

Again, it depends on how you define dominant. I think he was easily one of, if not the best, blocking TE his rookie year. And, he was a great target in the passing game as well, when utilized.

The injuries have been a damn shame. He's got all the talent in the world. I hope he can get back to and exceed his rookie form. I'm not sure Pep's offense is the best place for him to do that.

He is right in everything he said, I also don't have a problem with him saying he is a dominant TE, Of course it is not true statistically but I don't think he was speaking about stats. I think he was thinking skillset and I believe he does have the ability to be a dominant TE...But at the end of the day people are right that he has to stay on the field

Hey there lads. Lets speak some English here. The word is dominant. 

And, no, Dwayne Allen has not been a dominant TE for a while. He's a stallion when healthy, but that was a while ago. 

That being said, spreading the ball around and utilizing a short passing game will save our QB's life. The 7 step drop and wait for the players to come open doesn't work when the world is blitzing the heck out of you. Lets pray Pep is listening. In the meantime, Dwayne Allen, get your butt back on the field and show what you can do. Until then, keep your mouth shut.

Should it not be 'let's speak some English here'? Could be wrong though....

This guy need not talk. He might as well asked to get cut right now. It's so crazy how jax misses a fg and hassle beck is like, the 2nd coming now. We didn't even put up 20 points. That pass to fleener at the end of the game to set up the fg was a terrible pass. It was against a jax CB. Like, come on. This blasphemy against Luck is unbelievable. This whole "spread the ball" talk wouldn't even be, if jax makes the damn kick. People throwing that "spread the ball" talk around like it was some kind of formula that worked. We didn't do anything that worked yesterday. We loss, jax missed the fg. That's the mentality we should have. We loss. So, hasslebeck didn't do anything. Neither did we. We had a 12th man, the Jags kicker. That's the reality. Some wins are really losses and some losses are really wins.

This guy need not talk. He might as well asked to get cut right now. It's so crazy how jax misses a fg and hassle beck is like, the 2nd coming now. We didn't even put up 20 points. That pass to fleener at the end of the game to set up the fg was a terrible pass. It was against a jax CB. Like, come on. This blasphemy against Luck is unbelievable. This whole "spread the ball" talk wouldn't even be, if jax makes the damn kick. People throwing that "spread the ball" talk around like it was some kind of formula that worked. We didn't do anything that worked yesterday. We loss, jax missed the fg. That's the mentality we should have. We loss. So, hasslebeck didn't do anything. Neither did we. We had a 12th man, the Jags kicker. That's the reality. Some wins are really losses and some losses are really wins.

That's pretty much 100% inaccurate. Actually, no, sorry, that's exactly 100% inaccurate.

I have to credit Pep for realizing the Luck gameplan would not work with Hasselbeck. He needed more quick throws and Pep worked that in.

pep was still predictable until the 4th qtr when we saw plays we didn't know we had just like vs the Titans comeback last 8 minutes of a game pep shows his trump cards smh

I think Allen is frustrated. Frustrated he can't stay healthy. Frustrated that he doesn't get the ball more. Allen is a very good all around TE when he's healthy. Its not going to get much better for him I'm afraid. Dominant? No, he's never been that. He's been real good at times but he has to get healthy and stay healthy.

In my opinion, we should keep Doyle in 2016 and draft another tight end. Let Fleener and Allen hit the market.

I like both Fleener and Allen, just not enough to pay either top dollar money. I believe that money would be better served somewhere else.

The Colts can't keep both Fleener and Allen. Cap economics just won't allow it. Keep Fleener and Doyle. Doyle can block and catch and he stays relatively healthy......and he's very affordable. Draft another Doyle style TE and move on. 

In my opinion, we should keep Doyle in 2016 and draft another tight end. Let Fleener and Allen hit the market.

I like both Fleener and Allen, just not enough to pay either top dollar money. I believe that money would be better served somewhere else.

I can categorically state that this will not happen, in this universe, or any parallel universe. Just sayin....

:facepalm:  Contribute SOMETHING first before spouting off at the mouth. Another player that "teases" with the potential of what COULD be yet is ALWAYS hurt!!! I don't know if it was a shot at Luck or Pep but who cares because at the end of the day with all his spread the ball talk Matt put up an anemic 16pts (including OT) against the LOWLY Jags at HOME and IF not for the lame kicker of the Jags that HOT seat for this staff would've become liquid lava!!! GREAT coaches will take the win but would not be satisfied! Chuck carried on like he won the SB! In order to be GREAT you must STRIVE for greatness and that's what this coaching staff lacks. They are a bunch on nice guys that are in over their heads. The DAY that article came out I would've suspended Allen for at least 1 game for that nonsense. Matt's 40yr old body didn't face the Bills or Jets defense! He faced a Jag team that was on the road in back to back weeks while allowing a whooping 51pts the week prior so let's pump the brakes a little. Yes Matt was solid in carrying out the watered down gameplan needed to protect him but coming in at a price tag of 3 million dollars for the season the least he could do was BEAT the pitiful Jags. Now on to the Texans who by the way gave up 42pts on Sunday!!!!!  :nono:   

:facepalm:  Contribute SOMETHING first before spouting off at the mouth. Another player that "teases" with the potential of what COULD be yet is ALWAYS hurt!!! I don't know if it was a shot at Luck or Pep but who cares because at the end of the day with all his spread the ball talk Matt put up an anemic 16pts (including OT) against the LOWLY Jags at HOME and IF not for the lame kicker of the Jags that HOT seat for this staff would've become liquid lava!!! GREAT coaches will take the win but would not be satisfied! Chuck carried on like he won the SB! In order to be GREAT you must STRIVE for greatness and that's what this coaching staff lacks. They are a bunch on nice guys that are in over their heads. The DAY that article came out I would've suspended Allen for at least 1 game for that nonsense. Matt's 40yr old body didn't face the Bills or Jets defense! He faced a Jag team that was on the road in back to back weeks while allowing a whooping 51pts the week prior so let's pump the brakes a little. Yes Matt was solid in carrying out the watered down gameplan needed to protect him but coming in at a price tag of 3 million dollars for the season the least he could do was BEAT the pitiful Jags. Now on to the Texans who by the way gave up 42pts on Sunday!!!!!  :nono:   

Um......you know Hasselbeck and the rest of the Colts can only beat the team that they play any particular week right? I mean last week it was the Jags. This week the Texans. Also the entire Colts offense put up 16 points not just Hasselbeck and a big part of that was 2 fumbles......1 near the goal line and a missed field goal, Also Hasselbeck led us into redzone territory 4 times in the game, The previous 3 games combined we got in the RZ 7 times combined

While I don't think that DA said anything that was extremely inflammatory, I do think that he is a little too outspoken in the media... These comments remind me of his being upset about the hype photos (I think they were, memory eludes me) and how he wasn't in them.

I think that Allen is a very good TE when healthy... more valuable to the team than Fleener, but his attitude had been negative since before the season began. He can't stay healthy, yet he seems to be trying to establish his brand more than supporting his team (verbally).

It's a nuisance because I know that he will put together a healthy season after he inevitably leaves Indy. He has the talent to be one of the best TEs in the league.

aaaaand..... He's not wrong at all about the offense. I just dont think it's a good time to be throwing veiled criticisms at the QB, OC, and HC no matter how right he is.

I agree with what Allen said about needing to take advantage of all the targets available on the offense....it really is a no brainer. The trouble I see about his comment is that he seems to be quite outspoken (not just in this case but in the past as well) and that rubs some the wrong way as he has been injured for a large chunk of his career. Let's hope he is injury free moving forward and Andrew has the ability to take advantage of him and all the other weapons at his disposal, so we can see this offensive juggernaut we all have been expecting.

Most teams win a game or two that the other team gave away.  Being lucky is part of this.  And yes, Hasselbeck did his job!  Its why he makes $3 million - he's paid to win a game or two in Luck's absence.  You think Curtis Painter wins that game?