Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Claimed Robert "snacks" Myers.

RealityIsLuck

Think he is a OG...

Oline

Isn't he a OL

Brain freeze. Robert Myers, claimed from Ravens, is OG. Another position of need. #Colts

— George Bremer (@gmbremer)

September 6, 2015

My bad. George Bremer tweeted out "Solid piece on DL" and I assumed his was a DL-man. My bad. 

I like their player summary:

Bottom Line

Myers is already above average from a technical standpoint and is a quick processor when the game speeds up. Myers is a guard prospect who can pull and play in a power scheme. He has the pass protection traits of an NFL starter. The ceiling is higher for Myers than many guard prospects in this draft, and with more coaching and work in the weight room, he should be an NFL starter.

Three good write-ups:

Ravens rookie guard Robert 'Snacks' - Baltimore Sun

Baltimore Ravens add future starter in rookie Robert Myers

Robert Myers: 2015 Ravens Rookie Predictions - Ebony Bird

...Nicknamed “Quadzilla” for his insanely huge, tree trunk like legs, Myers might just be the next mid-to-late round offensive lineman who turns out to be a gem for Ozzie and company.  A 35 game starter in college, Myers is a mammoth man with long arms and the power to win inside.  He doesn’t have special movement skills, but figures to fit in just fine.

Sounds good but I have to ask one question:  Why was he released?

...The Ravens were likely hoping they could sneak their fifth-round pick out of Tennessee State through to the practice squad, but the Colts had other ideas. Myers is a powerful guard with long arms but limited movement skills. There is not much standing between him and snaps in Indianapolis.

I like their player summary:

Bottom Line

Myers is already above average from a technical standpoint and is a quick processor when the game speeds up. Myers is a guard prospect who can pull and play in a power scheme. He has the pass protection traits of an NFL starter. The ceiling is higher for Myers than many guard prospects in this draft, and with more coaching and work in the weight room, he should be an NFL starter.

You would think with such a glowing write up they would say he should be a 5th-7th rounder. Instead they say he's a "priority free agent"..