Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pagano gives the kiss of death

Dustin

Of course he said that.  He also called him a "team guy", said he had "grit", and said he will "play his tail off".  Are we surprised?  I'm not.

Chuck is Chuck.  Love him or hate him, he is going to keep doing and saying what got him to this point.

I, for one, prefer Chucks' "coachspeak" to Belichicks' "coachspeak".  Belichick might be a better coach, but I would rather have Chuck, just like I preferred Dungy over Belichick.

Caldwell... well, that's another story...

But Robinson is a rolling ball of something.  Nicknamed "Bowling Ball" for a reason.

Edited by 21isSuperman

CElIzZ7WEAA1VkD.jpg

Actually, I thought the "kiss of death" was head coach Rex Ryan's annual SB guarantee in NY before the season even kicked off. To each their own I guess. Rex finally stopped doing that in Buffalo now so better late than never right Rex? 

I didn't see Mr. Robinson play any games on TV at Mississippi State, but the more I learn about this kid's adversity & watch You Tube clips of him in action the more I like him. 

I just want a north/south guy who runs between the tackles & keeps the ball covered & tight to his body. If he can do that great; if not, so be it.

Just remember to critique him on his ability & not just his strong story of survival Coach Pagano. INDY isn't a charity or the Red Cross. We are in the business of winning playoff games. 

I didn't see Mr. Robinson play any games on TV at Mississippi State, but the more I learn about this kid's adversity & watch You Tube clips of him in action the more I like him.

I just want a north/south guy who runs between the tackles & keeps the ball covered & tight to his body. If he can do that great; if not, so be it.

Just remember to critique him on his ability & not just his strong story of survival Coach Pagano. INDY isn't a charity or the Red Cross. We are in the business of winning playoff games.

Put it like this, he was a huge part in Miss St. Being a top 5 team for a good part of the season last year

Of course he said that. He also called him a "team guy", said he had "grit", and said he will "play his tail off". Are we surprised? I'm not.

Chuck is Chuck. Love him or hate him, he is going to keep doing and saying what got him to this point.

I, for one, prefer Chucks' "coachspeak" to Belichicks' "coachspeak". Belichick might be a better coach, but I would rather have Chuck, just like I preferred Dungy over Belichick.

But Robinson is a rolling ball of something. Nicknamed "Bowling Ball" for a reason.

Nah, I'll take the SB winning coach regardless of what he talks about

Your wins do the talking, not you at a press conference

Geez, I wish Chuck would lose that phrase...it makes him appear like a dummy who has to use his favorite cliches over again because he is unable to think of appropriate words to say.

For Gawd sakes, Chuck, get rid of THAT cliche and all the other ones that come off as so stupid.

...positively annoying, even for a Colts fan.

Yes. I am serious. Integrity is important. Do you disagree?

In this case, yes. NFL is one of the most corrupt spots out here. Integrity isn't exactly their strong point. But to say you'd take integrity over SB wins is just beyond me but to each their own

In this case, yes. NFL is one of the most corrupt spots out here. Integrity isn't exactly their strong point. But to say you'd take integrity over SB wins is just beyond me but to each their own

I guess there are two camps:

1. Do whatever it takes to win

2. Win or lose, do things the right way

Any segment of the population would probably split down the middle on this issue, but I'm in camp 2.

Of course, camp 3 would probably say you need people from both camps to accomplish anything worthwhile...

Geez, I wish Chuck would lose that phrase...it makes him appear like a dummy who has to use his favorite cliches over again because he is unable to think of appropriate words to say.

For Gawd sakes, Chuck, get rid of THAT cliche and all the other ones that come off as so stupid.

...positively annoying, even for this Colts fan.

Fixed it for ya. I love the guy, and most everything he says. 

Well...hopefully the "rolling ball of butcher knives" moniker will be more applicable to Robinson than it was for Richardson.  It's not like Trent's shoes are too big to fill or anything.     As long as Robinson hits the right hole hard and falls forward...it will be an improvement.

Of course he said that. He also called him a "team guy", said he had "grit", and said he will "play his tail off". Are we surprised? I'm not.

Chuck is Chuck. Love him or hate him, he is going to keep doing and saying what got him to this point.

I, for one, prefer Chucks' "coachspeak" to Belichicks' "coachspeak". Belichick might be a better coach, but I would rather have Chuck, just like I preferred Dungy over Belichick.

But Robinson is a rolling ball of something. Nicknamed "Bowling Ball" for a reason.

Caldwell O_O.

Nah, I'll take the SB winning coach regardless of what he talks about

Your wins do the talking, not you at a press conference

By all means just go over and join the Patriot fan base. Some of your comments suggest you are not an especially strong Colt fan. Your negativity causes this mind set.