Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

your darkhorse to make the roster

CR91

to celebrate the colts returning to the complex today. choose someone no one even knows is currently on the roster to make the 53

im going with jeff demps. ive always wanted the colts to have a lighting bug RB thats faster then a hiccup. we had that at one time with kerwynn williams and I was upset when he got cut and chargers picked him up. jeff demps if memory serves is an Olympic track star with tremendous speed. hes also the reason in my mock drafts why I take a RB late instead of early like a few of you do. havent seen him on the field, but perhaps his speed on the outside can potentially be an assist to this team. 

to celebrate the colts returning to the complex today. choose someone no one even knows is currently on the roster to make the 53

im going with jeff demps. ive always wanted the colts to have a lighting bug RB thats faster then a hiccup. we had that at one time with kerwynn williams and I was upset when he got cut and chargers picked him up. jeff demps if memory serves is an Olympic track star with tremendous speed. hes also the reason in my mock drafts why I take a RB late instead of early like a few of you do. havent seen him on the field, but perhaps his speed on the outside can potentially be an assist to this team. 

I knew Demps was on the roster. Demps is a waste of time and will not make the roster.

Ulrich John has a good shot unless we draft a Tackle in the 1st two rds.

A third QB. This is probably Hasselbeck's last season so I wouldn't be shocked if they kept a third QB or stashed one on the PS to start learning to be the new back up to Luck.

I think the next back-up to Luck is currently on another team's roster and will likely be a free agent next off-season.

I would think we'd bring in another veteran as we brought in Hasselbeck.    

What is a rookie going to offer Andrew Luck?   And what would a young QB do if pressed into service if Luck was hurt and missed a few games?   

I'd always expect a veteran to be Luck's back-up.   To me,  it's the only thing that makes any sense....

He's a free agent.  With Gore and probably a drafted RB, I don't see Bradshaw even getting another contract with Indy, let alone making the roster

That and his little off season indiscretion didn't help his cause in Indy. Let alone his injury history... such a shame, he was really rolling last year. 

That and his little off season indiscretion didn't help his cause in Indy. Let alone his injury history... such a shame, he was really rolling last year. 

That's right.  I don't know what happened as a results of that, but it certainly didn't help his cause.  He really fit the offense well, but his injury history is brutal

That's right.  I don't know what happened as a results of that, but it certainly didn't help his cause.  He really fit the offense well, but his injury history is brutal

I'm not quite sure on the process but he's plead not guilty so I think they have to let the legal side run it's course then decide the league punishment? Though I don't think he's been punished under the SA rules (that we know of) previously. 

I think the next back-up to Luck is currently on another team's roster and will likely be a free agent next off-season.

I would think we'd bring in another veteran as we brought in Hasselbeck.    

What is a rookie going to offer Andrew Luck?   And what would a young QB do if pressed into service if Luck was hurt and missed a few games?   

I'd always expect a veteran to be Luck's back-up.   To me,  it's the only thing that makes any sense....

I agree,we all remember the Painter fiasco.I would rather have a veteran with some kinda game experience.

I have some guys slated to make the 53-man roster that could be considered dark horses (Swoope, John, Quarles, Adongo, and Guy), but in the true spirit of dark horses, I will give you one that I have my eye on (but even I don't EXPECT him to make it): Shawn Loiseau.  There's an opportunity to make the roster at that position, and Loiseau can do it if he's healthy.

I think Ulrick John as a great opportunity to make the 53 with lack of depth at tackle and a huge ? at RT. I also think that Vick Ballard will come back and make the roster as well this year and impress people this preseason. Don't know much about him other than he played safety for the Jags but there has been some major buzz around Winston Guy. Who knows maybe that is Grigs guy at safety?