Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Yup...This is real.

Narcosys

A bit late for this, isn't it? This was the only way for the Super Bowl to retain its legitimacy, but it's too late. Maybe if the ball wasn't so squishy in Baltimore, the Pats may have fumbled the game away and the Ravens come here? Who knows, we'll never know. 

My issue is that this isn't about the Colts or the Ravens. At this point, we have 1 of the 2 teams in the Championship that apparently cheated to get there. Cheaters aren't supposed to win, but politics and the NFL's avarice gave it to us straight; Cheaters CAN win. 

As fans, we can attach as many asterisks as we wish to the Pats and their titles. But the NFL doesn't work that way, there will be no such asterisks seen in the annals. In the short term, I think the NFL makes more money and things run much smoother if they ignore this issue while the "investigation" is allowed to trudge on. 

In the long term, however, I think it's a different story. I think the long term ramifications of this debacle sully the fans view of the league, undermines the integrity, and in the end the NFL losses. This is made much worse if something damning is discovered AND the Pats win. 

In short; The NFL had better hope the Pats lose. 

Not happening, it's too late and there is too much money riding on the Superbowl.  Actually the result of the game really doesn't matter at this point.  If the Pats win, who will be under a microscope for this game, it proves they could do it without cheating,  If the Seahawks win, it will prove the other way.  Probably should be a Ravens/Pats superbowl, but that is unfortunately not the case.  The real question comes in if Goodell actually punishes the Pats or if his friends find a magical loophole that once again saves them.  If Goodell botches this, I hope it's at his own demise.  He has been a joke this entire season and I believe it's time for him to go.  I wouldn't be surprised if the other 31 owners feel the same way. 

A bit late for this, isn't it? This was the only way for the Super Bowl to retain its legitimacy, but it's too late. Maybe if the ball wasn't so squishy in Baltimore, the Pats may have fumbled the game away and the Ravens come here? Who knows, we'll never know. 

My issue is that this isn't about the Colts or the Ravens. At this point, we have 1 of the 2 teams in the Championship that apparently cheated to get there. Cheaters aren't supposed to win, but politics and the NFL's avarice gave it to us straight; Cheaters CAN win. 

As fans, we can attach as many asterisks as we wish to the Pats and their titles. But the NFL doesn't work that way, there will be no such asterisks seen in the annals. In the short term, I think the NFL makes more money and things run much smoother if they ignore this issue while the "investigation" is allowed to trudge on. 

In the long term, however, I think it's a different story. I think the long term ramifications of this debacle sully the fans view of the league, undermines the integrity, and in the end the NFL losses. This is made much worse if something damning is discovered AND the Pats win. 

In short; The NFL had better hope the Pats lose. 

I hope the Pats win so it looks even worse for the NFL.  They've been making so many mistakes recently that this could be the final straw.  Maybe then we'll get some real changes and a commish with more integrity, who will actually hold teams and players accountable

I hope the Pats win so it looks even worse for the NFL.  They've been making so many mistakes recently that this could be the final straw.  Maybe then we'll get some real changes and a commish with more integrity, who will actually hold teams and players accountable

If this is the case I think NFL sweeps it under the rug but yes still looks bad for them now that the Pats have come out so defensive and stonewalled the media for this week.

I don't really think the result of the game will make a huge difference, getting to the Superbowl alone is a major accomplishment and brings in a lot of money for each team.  But I think what will make a difference is how this situation gets handled.  Goodell had a terrible year and if he finishes off the season botching this situation, I could definitely see the owners demanding a change in his position.  If anything I rather see the Pats get off free than a moderate punishment ( a fine and lose a draft pick or two), so it infuritates the other owners. 

I don't really think the result of the game will make a huge difference, getting to the Superbowl alone is a major accomplishment and brings in a lot of money for each team.  But I think what will make a difference is how this situation gets handled.  Goodell had a terrible year and if he finishes off the season botching this situation, I could definitely see the owners demanding a change in his position.  If anything I rather see the Pats get off free than a moderate punishment ( a fine and lose a draft pick or two), so it infuritates the other owners. 

Have you seen the recent report on Goodell?  He's been acting like this for a long time.  He's not going anywhere, especially with Kraft backing him up so much

[/quote

NFL players are never going to believe the commissioner..That's what their union preaches

..and the media is full of ex NFL players

..amazing to me how players and coaches do wrong and the commissioner gets the blame.

When do players show integrity?

[/quote

NFL players are never going to believe the commissioner..That's what their union preaches

..and the media is full of ex NFL players

..amazing to me how players and coaches do wrong and the commissioner gets the blame.

When do players show integrity?

Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson did two stupid things, but that doesn't mean the commish handled it well.  Look at how the NFL handles its refs.  There are many things you could look at to say Goodell has done a bad job.  However, the NFL is making more and more money and gaining more and more fans each year, so I don't think he'll go anywhere.  He's putting money in the pockets of the owners

For more on Goodell, read this http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/688157

Do you know who would say "No!" to this?

The Baltimore Ravens and the Indianapolis Colts.    Players and coaches.

They're done.   They were done when they lost.    The Colts players have all been saying this had nothing to do with why they lost.  The acknowledge that the better team won.

This is silly fan nonsense.....   

I think it's nonsense to play another AFCCG between the Colts-Ravens. I don't think it's nonsense that fans are protesting. I think the Superbowl should be played. If New England wins and they are found later to be guilty of cheating, they must forfeit their championship. If Seattle wins, It's

I am for just ignoring all the Patriot fans who choose to be blind. That is the best way to handle them.

I just like how Colts fans are automatically right about everything and Patriots fans are automatically wrong about everything even though neither one of us actually knows a darn thing!

Do you know who would say "No!" to this?

The Baltimore Ravens and the Indianapolis Colts.    Players and coaches.

They're done.   They were done when they lost.    The Colts players have all been saying this had nothing to do with why they lost.  The acknowledge that the better team won.

This is silly fan nonsense.....   

On the surface, it sounds silly yes. However, what bothers me most of all is this: How some NE Patriots supporters are downplaying everything about deflate gate. 

--The better team won the game. Yes. I accept that. 

--Why is the integrity of Belichick & Brady being attacked? 1st of all, being accused of either direct deception or playing dumb in 1 instance doesn't make a HC, a QB, or an entire organization evil or ruthless. But stop coming up with ridiculous excuses like the refs did, the atmosphere did it, become your own scientist & see if you can alter the air pressure in various footballs. 

--If Patriots fans are upset about all the attention this story is generating, encourage Robert Kraft to speak to the NFL Competition Committee & inquire about changing the rules about game day ball inspection protocol & procedures. 

--I respect Robert Kraft & I know he was just sticking up for his guys Tom & Bill & I know how talented & hard that team works to win games fairly, but it was a bit premature to demand an apology from the Commissioner if the investigation finds that no wrongdoing was committed. Let's let the investigation conclude 1st & see what the evidence is thank you. 

--Ball & PSI jokes aside, you can't tell me that Tom Brady doesn't know when a ball feels a little light or full when he handles & throws balls professionally for a living over a decade now. 

--If a team gets busted for a rule infraction, just pay the fine & move on please. If we view this episode like a speeding ticket violation, own up to it & don't say to the police officer my pet dog died or my girlfriend just broke up with me. In other words, stop passing the buck, take responsibility for the violation, & take your lumps. 

I just like how Colts fans are automatically right about everything and Patriots fans are automatically wrong about everything even though neither one of us actually knows a darn thing!

I have no problem with any Patriot fan who shows they have some respect for the Colts forum. Very few team forums even allow non fans in. The Patriot forum refused me because of my address. We all welcome anyone in. There are quite a few Patriot fans who push the line just right up to the point of getting banned. They come in with the intent to rub the Colt fans the wrong way. If you don't fall into that category I will gladly talk and debate with you. But I will refuse to argue on who has a better QB and things of that nature. I have in the past let some of these Patriot fans get to me. No more. If anyone comes into the Colts forum wanting to start what I call crap it's off to the ignore list. We have some really intelligent people who visit this forum and that is where my attention is going to focus.

Some long-time NFL fans, such as myself, just want to believe there is still some semblance of integrity in the league. I want to have confidence that the NFL is legitimate. I have a vested interest as an NFL fan, not just a Colt's fan.

I gave up on the NBA and the Pacers after The Brawl and the Big Market preferences.

I don't want to see the NFL become the WWF.

I guess what really bothers me is that on the Rich Eisen Show on Direct TV he has a bald staff member on there who is so loyal to the Patriots that he disparately wants deflate gate to die. There's no shame in that. In wanting to talk about the matchups on Sunday like Gronk vs Chancellor for example. Look, I get that, but this staff member doesn't seem to grasp that admitting a rule infraction took place is not the end of the world.

Plus, just because Bill Belichick is regarded as a genius in the realm of professional coaching, it doesn't necessarily mean that he is immune from criticism. Since he attended Annapolis, I will say this: A general on an aircraft carrier is responsible for the conduct of the men under his command is he not? I'm not claiming that Bill cheated, but he knows more than what he said in those 2 press conferences & could push harder to get to the bottom of this situation.  

I'm just so disappointed in Brady. "I'm confident that no one in this building did anything wrong." Well, how did 11 of 12 footballs get deflated? "I have no idea." Come on Tommy. I'm not that darn stupid man. 

And now this ball attendant excuse sounds really shady to me. Like crap no one is buying our phony baloney excuses. Let's pin it all on the ball boy. Yeah, that's the ticket. It reminds me of a business man having an affair with his secretary. The wife shows up unexpectedly, sees her husband with his pants down by his ankles engaged in rigorous activity, the stunned husband stops, runs after his wife, & says "Come on baby. She means nothing. Who are you gonna believe darling? Me or your own eyes? This latest ball boy attendant allegation screams of desperation to me. 

Again, if you own it & say yeah the footballs were deflated, where do I mail the penalty check? This all goes away. Keep denying it & you sink further & further into the quicksand.