Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Jackson arrested

RockThatBlue

Maybe he just sucks at driving, lol!!!!

Yeah I think in Indy they don't get you for DUI if you are under .08. Not sure if that's a national thing or not. Sucks for him though.

It's 0.8 here in VA, but if you get pulled over for something like a taillight outage and they smell the alcohol or can tell you've been drinking, you're probably getting handcuffed just for safety reasons. Spend the night in the drunk tank until you sober up

Heh, 22 year old making a couple hundred thousand a year playing pro football, he's going to be stupid. Crap happens.

Remember, our punter got drunk and took a swim in the Broad Ripple Canal.

Jackson didn't hurt anyone, and he he will serve his time. So long as he doesn't do anything like this in the future, I don't have an issue with the Colts giving him a second chance. Now if he got violent and resisted arrest, yelling "you can't arrest me, I'm an Indianapolis Colt!" I'd be different.

This. Pat did something stupid too and he's a pro bowl punter and has made up for it since then both on AND off the field. I know we cut Rogers for this but he had a troubled past. Seems like Jackson just left the bar a half hour earlier than he should have...

It's 0.8 here in VA, but if you get pulled over for something like a taillight outage and they smell the alcohol or can tell you've been drinking, you're probably getting handcuffed just for safety reasons. Spend the night in the drunk tank until you sober up

Uhhh...you DO mean .08, right?

0.8 would be an autopsy statistic.

At .088, that will be about 30 minutes.

Good god, 0.8? you would be dead!

That's a 80% BAC!

I looked Friday night at two diffrent Bowling Green KY new sites including WBKO which in his first draft of the story claimed was his source,and have been unable to find this story anywhere but this guys blog. If this is trye why havent any of the Indy Star writers picked up the story.

Edit*- I see someone found a link to an actual article. Im still curious what is taking Colts writers so long to mention the story.

I'd be willing to bet the main cause of his swerving had more to do with a cell phone and less to do with 2 beers..

Uhhh...you DO mean .08, right?

0.8 would be an autopsy statistic.

Yea, it's .08 here. Don't mind TK, he's been hitting the apple juice hard after the afccg....

Leave the guy alone. He is innocent. He struggled with his control of his car because someone had let some air out of his tyres.

Mmmmm, I wonder who could have done that?

Clearly, a ball boy right Tom Brady? I mean, Andrew Jackson.  :sarcasm: LOL!  Beautifully stated BTW. I can so picture you saying that BHC with the perfect amount of innocent sounding cynicism too. [What I bolded that is]

Maybe he just sucks at driving, lol!!!!

Yeah I think in Indy they don't get you for DUI if you are under .08. Not sure if that's a national thing or not. Sucks for him though.

Actually, comic relief aside, you might be onto to something there M-432 because there are some individuals in this world who are just as dangerous operating a vehicle somber since they may have a lead foot to begin with or become to easily distracted with finding the right song on their ipod or talking on their cellphone to their main squeeze or something like that.

I've been rear ended twice in separate traffic accidents & in both cases it was a distracted driver in the other car. 

I went to Western Kentucky University and lived in Bowling Green, KY for 6 years.  It really is just a college town that happens to have a Corvette Museum.  There is very little to do in that town aside from going to bars and restaurants.  Nashville is an hour south on I-65 if you feel like going all out.  The BGPD know this and on any given night there are 5 or 6 certain bars where they hang out and wait for people to leave.  My fiancée worked at one of those bars and her and her co-workers would constantly get pulled over on their way home just because they saw that their car pulled out of that parking lot.  I've personally never had an issue with them (and one officer actually let me skate on what probably should have been a DUI, but I was already parked in my apartment complex so he let me go inside for the night.  Curse you McDonalds for selling breakfast at 3 a.m.!) but have been in the car when they've pulled people over claiming swerving when that clearly wasn't the case.  The driver in that instance was actually 20 and my sober ride picking me up.

Anyways, this was just a long winded way of saying that as somebody who lived in Bowling Green, he should have been aware and he knew the risks.  I hope this doesn't jeopardize his future.

So you leave bowling green that is full of bars and resturants to go to Nashville which is full of bars and resturant? I kid....

So now the Colts went from having a good amount oF ILBS to none.

I don't see McNary or Jackson being here by the new league year.

Now ILB is a huge need in free agency and/or draft.

It was anyway. But I don't see a DUI as a reason to cut him

Good lord, reading through some of these comments makes me want to avoid driving through Indy, it sounds like a good number of you are drunk.  .08 is no laughing matter and is legally drunk.  You are impaired before you reach .08 however.  Perhaps people don't realize this?  

For me, one drink is enough to discourage driving, two and I am not...but that is just me.  (I wish more people would do so though)

I'm assuming the Colts aren't going to make this into a big deal. He's young. At 0.88, he may not have realized if he was impaired. And the police always blame a crash on the alcohol, but people have crashes when sober too.

He served his time, and I assume Pagano needs to counsel him about consequences for the next time. Glad no one was hurt.

You do realize the legal limit is .08 in Indiana.  I think .88 is a typo!  I think the man would be dead if it wasnt

Actually, comic relief aside, you might be onto to something there M-432 because there are some individuals in this world who are just as dangerous operating a vehicle somber since they may have a lead foot to begin with or become to easily distracted with finding the right song on their ipod or talking on their cellphone to their main squeeze or something like that.

I've been rear ended twice in separate traffic accidents & in both cases it was a distracted driver in the other car. 

Truth be told, it's the slow ones you have to watch out for. People who drive below the speed limit are often impaired by drugs, alcohol, cell phones, or just plain stupid.

Good lord, reading through some of these comments makes me want to avoid driving through Indy, it sounds like a good number of you are drunk.  .08 is no laughing matter and is legally drunk.  You are impaired before you reach .08 however.  Perhaps people don't realize this?  

For me, one drink is enough to discourage driving, two and I am not...but that is just me.  (I wish more people would do so though)

I don't drink, it's too expensive. Problem solved!

Man, he's worthless, he should be thrown in jail and kicked off the team, hopefully there is language in his contract that states he has to pay back some money as well.

Wait, what was that?  Oh he has the potential to be the starting ILB next year and the Colts may depend on him for wins.  Oh.  Well, he's a young kid, who made a stupid mistake, I'll forgive him.

In all honesty, the reason most of us did not kid pulled over when we were 22 and a BAC of 0.088 probably has more to do with luck than anything else.

Man, he's worthless, he should be thrown in jail and kicked off the team, hopefully there is language in his contract that states he has to pay back some money as well.

Wait, what was that?  Oh he has the potential to be the starting ILB next year and the Colts may depend on him for wins.  Oh.  Well, he's a young kid, who made a stupid mistake, I'll forgive him.

In all honesty, the reason most of us did not kid pulled over when we were 22 and a BAC of 0.088 probably has more to do with luck than anything else.

I am 32 years old and I can assure you that I have never been drunk in my entire life.  It's not luck, maybe for some it is. . . But simply not being drunk was what it was for me.  

I am 32 years old and I can assure you that I have never been drunk in my entire life.  It's not luck, maybe for some it is. . . But simply not being drunk was what it was for me.  

That is very admirable.  It's also why I said most of us and not all of us.

Also, I'm not a big drinker... two beers is my limit and I rarely have more than 6 or 7 beers in a month but I don't think someone is drunk just because the government says 0.08 BAC is drunk.

Drinking is a very individual thing... some people can drink 3 or 4 beers and it doesn't do anything... some people are like me and with two beers (and these are real beers not mass produced internationally marketed swill) I can feel it.  I understand the govt. needs to set their guidelines but it's just that a guideline.

That is very admirable. It's always why I said most of us and not all of us.

Also, I'm not a big drinker... two beers is my limit and I rarely have more than 6 or 7 beers in a month but I don't think someone is drunk just because the government says 0.08 BAC is drunk.

Drinking is a very individual thing... some people can drink 3 or 4 beers and it doesn't do anything... some people are like me and with two beers (and these are real beers not mass produced internationally marketed swill) I can feel it. I understand the govt. needs to set their guidelines but it's just that a guideline.

its a huge money maker is what it is. it used to be .1. they make a lot more money this way. 1 beer could put you over .08

That is very admirable.  It's also why I said most of us and not all of us.

Drinking is a very individual thing... some people can drink 3 or 4 beers and it doesn't do anything... some people are like me and with two beers (and these are real beers not mass produced internationally marketed swill) I can feel it.  I understand the govt. needs to set their guidelines but it's just that a guideline.

I don't know what my limit is mostly because I never test it.  Not a teetotaler, I just don't ever have more then one drink in a 24 hour period.  

I also don't drive after that drink too just to make sure, even though it's highly unlikely that 1 drink in the proper amounts could put me over the limit.