Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans plan to slow down TY Hilton

1959Colts

Man you guys are cocky. Not saying we pull off a win but it will be close. You are not as good as you think you are.

Don't you think we've earned the right to be cocky after 12 straight wins over Houston at home?  I do!

Beat us and we'll shut up, but Indy rarely misses an opportunity to win the division. We'll be more than ready.

It's like when we Colts fans moan and groan over the Pats.  When we beat them they will shut up, until then we have to put up with all the gloating that goes along with the losses.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They want to steal the same strategy the Pats used.  We've already got a plan for that stuff I'm sure, because the coaches know that everyone in the playoffs is going to try and duplicate the same thing.  And you know if we see the Pats again, they will do the same thing all over again.

Well IF Indy plays Donte with TY, Allen, and CF...     good luck......

IF<>...   Indy plays Wayne and Nicks OVER Donte....          then this staff needs evaluated...    

Texans to employ different strategy to try to slow down T.Y. Hilton

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2014/12/texans-to-employ-different-strategy-to-try-to-slow-down-t-y-hilton/#29068101=0

...Free safety Kendrick Lewis has a plan for trying to contain Hilton.

“Just pressing him and being physical, making it a physical game,” he said. “He’s a smaller guy, and as the game wears on and if we’re constantly hitting him, he’s going to notice that we’re constantly rolling up on him and jamming him.

“As I see it, that’s a strategy we should use against him. We didn’t do it well enough the last time we played them, but we have another opportunity.”

IF<>...   Indy plays Wayne and Nicks OVER Donte....          then this staff needs evaluated...    

Moncrief has already surpasses Nicks on the depth chart. But Wayne will likely start over him. 

Donte has had more snaps than Nicks for 2-3 weeks now.  Many more snaps,  not just a few.    That debate is long over.

I don't think you have to worry about that.    As for Wayne,  I think too little is know right now about his health.   My hunch is he plays a few snaps in the opening drive to set the Colts record,  and then he comes out of the game.    I'd prefer he sit out the rest of the game, and then take the next two weeks off until the playoffs.

Three weeks of rest would be nice.

I'm still scratching my head about the Reggie situation. Why is he practicing/playing through these injuries if its the root cause of his sub par performance lately? These reports and comments from Pagano just don't make any sense. Moncrief is torching dbs and the more experience he gets before the playoffs the better. I understand his route tree doesn't compare to Reggie, but c'mon, 87 has not looked himself at all for a while.

Texans to employ different strategy to try to slow down T.Y. Hilton

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2014/12/texans-to-employ-different-strategy-to-try-to-slow-down-t-y-hilton/#29068101=0

...Free safety Kendrick Lewis has a plan for trying to contain Hilton.

“Just pressing him and being physical, making it a physical game,” he said. “He’s a smaller guy, and as the game wears on and if we’re constantly hitting him, he’s going to notice that we’re constantly rolling up on him and jamming him.

“As I see it, that’s a strategy we should use against him. We didn’t do it well enough the last time we played them, but we have another opportunity.”

If Kendrick would look at the tape against Cleveland,  he'll see the Browns tried that with mixed results.

I think Luck was oh-for-7 in his first throws to Hilton.

And the Luck-Hilton combo ended with TY with 10 catches on something like 18 targets.    So, clearly, the Colts offense figured out how to deal with the Browns defense.    I was very impressed with TY against the Browns.   Showed the effect of studying under Reggie for 2 and a half years.    He looked like a polished professional, and not just a great raw talent.

TYH is maturing right before our eyes.... 

Man you guys are cocky. Not saying we pull off a win but it will be close. You are not as good as you think you are.

We are who we think we are.  Have fun watching us win the division.  I am more worried about the Jags in the near future than the Texans.  How'd that #1 overall pick work out for ya??  LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

They want to steal the same strategy the Pats used.  We've already got a plan for that stuff I'm sure, because the coaches know that everyone in the playoffs is going to try and duplicate the same thing.  And you know if we see the Pats again, they will do the same thing all over again.

I remember the thread prior to the game talking matchups... no one expected Kyle Arrington to follow TY around. BB kind of got all of us with that one!

It's good to have a plan of course, but the key is having the personnel to pull it off. Letting Revis take Wayne most of the game allowed NE to give Arrington help with Hilton. They also beat him up pretty good, which is something other teams will try to do.. 

Texans will take physical approach against Colts' T.Y. Hilton

"You have to be physical with him," Texans cornerback Johnathan Joseph said. "You have to make him earn it. obviously he's going to make his catches, but you have to make it a long day for him. You can't give him anything easy, nothing cheap. You can't give him the big explosive plays, the 50 and 60-yard catches."

I remember the thread prior to the game talking matchups... no one expected Kyle Arrington to follow TY around. BB kind of got all of us with that one!

It's good to have a plan of course, but the key is having the personnel to pull it off. Letting Revis take Wayne most of the game allowed NE to give Arrington help with Hilton. They also beat him up pretty good, which is something other teams will try to do.. 

The key is having the personnel, which the Texans do not have.  Browns had the personnel, but we figured it out eventually.

As far as the Pats are concerned I don't think we used all of our personnel the way we should have in that game to break up some of that coverage they were doing.  Pats worked it on us though...

I love trolls 

giphy.gif

I don't think you know what trolling is buddy. Trolling is if I came on here and said something like

LOL Colts SUCK TEXANS WIN BIG NO CHALLENGE TY SUCKS.

I just said I don't think you guys are as good as you think you are. You can disagree doesn't make it trolling.

I don't think you know what trolling is buddy. Trolling is if I came on here and said something like

LOL Colts SUCK TEXANS WIN BIG NO CHALLENGE TY SUCKS.

I just said I don't think you guys are as good as you think you are. You can disagree doesn't make it trolling.

It's trolling if you come on a rival team's message board calling us cocky and saying we're not as good as we think we are.  Admit it, you ARE trolling !!!