Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

is this the most complete colt team youve ever seen

CR91

we're not just winning because of luck course hes a big reason why, but we're also able to run the football with trent and bradshaw then on defense we're causing turnovers, pressuring the QB, and winning games in different ways. its amazing to think how close we could be to being undefeated or atleast 4-1 (still upset about that travesty)

No...but we are looking very impressive. Our 05 team that lost to Pittsburgh to me was our most complete team. The oline was good (except that game) we had Edge, Harrison, Marvin, Stokely and we had really good talent on our defense too. Obviously 06 was pretty good too except that stretch of games at the end of the regular season and 09 was special too...if not Freeney going down.

we're not just winning because of luck course hes a big reason why, but we're also able to run the football with trent and bradshaw then on defense we're causing turnovers, pressuring the QB, and winning games in different ways. its amazing to think how close we could be to being undefeated or atleast 4-1 (still upset about that travesty)

I ask this honest question.  What do you think of the responses that are far & away the norm for your posts?  When you post are you surprised that the vast majority are met with immediate skepticism?

'05 and '09 teams were both better IMO with '05 probably being the best. The '06 team that won the Super Bowl is harder to place because that team had some unimpressive play during the regular season but then really came together when it mattered. Right now I might rank this one fourth, but it is still very early.

'05 and '09 teams were both better IMO with '05 probably being the best. The '06 team that won the Super Bowl is harder to place because that team had some unimpressive play during the regular season but then really came together when it mattered. Right now I might rank this one fourth, but it is still very early.

I agree.  '05 and '09 were great teams.  This current squad, if we had Mathis and a better safety than Landry (Brown looked a lot better than Landry) is getting there, but not yet up to par with the "05 and "09 teams.

I ask this honest question.  What do you think of the responses that are far & away the norm for your posts?  When you post are you surprised that the vast majority are met with immediate skepticism?

my posts are topic starters. rather their viewed as negative or not are no concern of mine

It could be they most complete team but it doesn't feel like it's best team. Who knows though, it's still early in the season.

It could be they most complete team but it doesn't feel like it's best team. Who knows though, it's still early in the season.

Yea it's really hard to say 05 06 09 were more complete when they had huge flaws . They may have been better over all but complete they were far from it .

2005 was a better team than 2006, arguably. Of course they got upset by the Steelers. I'll go to my grave with the opinion that Dungy's son's untimely death took the wind out of the sails of that team. 2006 had a really a bad end to the year, but the best playoff run I've seen from a Colts team and of course they won the SB. The 2009 team had several flaws that Manning covered up. They were dead last in the league in rushing, and I think at the time were the first team with that terrible ranking to reach the SB. But they were still one of the better teams of the Manning/Luck era. Had Freeney been healthy I think the Colts win it all. 2007 was also a solid team on both sides of the ball, but got "Voleked" in the playoffs.

And for this year? It's too early to tell. It's a different team for sure. We haven't had a balanced rushing attack like this since Edge was here....and the D is playing well most of the time. Losing Mathis has hurt, but they did find ways to get to Flacco. One thing, it is a much more attacking defense than even the best Dungy era defenses. And we have the best corner tandem since they moved to Indy. Manusky has impressed me with his schemes this season. But we have a long way to go.

I remember early on in '07 the post-SB winning Colts looked great too. They went on to have a good season (although they were overshadowed by the record-setting Pats that season), but had a disappointing post-season exit against the Chargers. It just goes to show that this early in the season really doesn't mean anything. Regardless, I remember that team looking just as good if not better than this current Colts team. Memory might be a bit fuzzy though.

2005 was a better team than 2006, arguably. Of course they got upset by the Steelers. I'll go to my grave with the opinion that Dungy's son's untimely death took the wind out of the sails of that team. 2006 had a really a bad end to the year, but the best playoff run I've seen from a Colts team and of course they won the SB. The 2009 team had several flaws that Manning covered up. They were dead last in the league in rushing, and I think at the time were the first team with that terrible ranking to reach the SB. But they were still one of the better teams of the Manning/Luck era. Had Freeney been healthy I think the Colts win it all. 2007 was also a solid team on both sides of the ball, but got "Voleked" in the playoffs.

And for this year? It's too early to tell. It's a different team for sure. We haven't had a balanced rushing attack like this since Edge was here....and the D is playing well most of the time. Losing Mathis has hurt, but they did find ways to get to Flacco. One thing, it is a much more attacking defense than even the best Dungy era defenses. And we have the best corner tandem since they moved to Indy. Manusky has impressed me with his schemes this season. But we have a long way to go.

Manusky has done a very good job this season. I was very "meh" with that hire back in 2012 as our D-coordinator, and I think that was essentially how he coached the first two seasons too. However, he has really called a good game in every contest this season and mixed up the blitz packages nicely. Part of that I am sure is Pagano since D is his specialty, but Manusky deserves a lot of the credit too.

Running the ball with Trent? I could buy almost any argument that promotes this team's possible greatness but that one.

TRich was leading the Colts in total yardage. I guess you negativity about him is off base. He is just a piece of the puzzle and does his part. Even though the offensive line is pass blocking better they still have a way to go before the run blocking comes together. TRich did have some very nice runs against one of the better run defenses in the AFC with the Ravens. But if you insist on pointing out anything negative I guess you found one in your mind.

If this team had our usual elite pass rush, quite possibly. 

2005 is still the clear choice, but this one is up there. I think this team may even bet better than the SB41 team. 

2005, 2009, 2007. I'll hear arguments that this team is better than the 2007 team. Still early to move it ahead of 2005 and 2009. Without a consistent pass rush, I don't think it will happen. But I think it's a top 4. 

JMO

No.    Without being a fan of the Colts during the Manning/Marvin/Edge years,  I'm guessing this is NOT the most complete team.

Remember,  3 weeks ago we were 0-2 and some here were ready to start thinking about 2015.    Seriously.

Now....  the last 3 weeks have been fun....   but they don't say enough to say this is the most complete Colts team....

Not by a long shot.

We were actually sacking Flacco on Sunday. I couldn't believe it! Hades yeah baby! 

We were throwing on 1st down, Luck did try & throw Nicks a few long passes too that didn't connect, I was not happy about Bradshaw in the last drive in the 4th QTR, but aside from that he had a great game, so I won't hold it against him.

Gregg Toler & Davis Davis played fantastic. That PI call in the 1st half against INDY was such nonsense BTW. I'm still angry about that 1. TE Dwanye Allen is going to be a freaking superstar man! Don't take my word for it soon to be HOF TE Tony Gonzalez was raving about him. It was so awesome! 

I need to watch that game over again. It was very satisfying to watch & we made Terrell Suggs irrelevant too. I love #55 no disrespect intended either BTW.

That collision Luck took running with the ball scared me a little bit. Not the TD, but the QB sneak.   

I just enjoyed that game because we maintained our composure all 4 QTRs & we continued to throw the ball downfield all game long. TY Hilton had some nice clutch catches near the end of the game to secure our victory too. Nice work TY! 

I so wanted to see ESPN host Skip Bayless admit that Andrew beating the Ravens means that Luck is worthy of the praise he gets, but the little weasel said nothing. Typical Skip so I'm not surprised. On Friday's show, Bayless said that if Luck wins Sunday's game he will give him credit...So much for integrity & keeping your word Skip. Sigh... 

Our Super Bowl team was a, what, 3 Seed who was getting mowed over by rushing. Along comes Booger and presto, we roll through the playoffs (as much as "rolling" given the huge comeback against New England). We might be loving the Super a Bowl winners, but they weren't obviously going anywhere. What I find most contrasting with this team thus far is that we have played four games leading most the game ( not Denver). Thr frantic comebacks, slow starts, have not reared up suggesting to me this team has matured.