Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Callin 'em Out! (Week 3)

Superman

Sooo, we suggested a new regular feature for our forum after last week's game.

Who do you think needs to play better, who needs to have a good game, who will you have your eye on? 

(Keep in mind, this is meant to be a light hearted endeavor, not to spark debate and argue with each other. We can do that in the other threads.)

So have at it! Who are you callin' out in Week 3?

Luck, Pep, Werner

Like to see Luck share the ball, make better throws and make adjustments at the line. Pep, you got the run game going so hit them with the play action pass. Werner, jax gave up 10 sacks, 10!! Get some sacks and out the pressure in young fella!

I'm calling out the D line to get some sacks.  Jacksonvilles' strength in my opinion is their WR corps, and they also have a big tight end with speed they can utilize in Mercedes Lewis.  Their running game to me is not their strength so I expect them to mold their game plan around throwing the football.  As a result of this I expect several opportunities for sacks in this one!

Probably not how this is supposed to work but having trouble picking an offensive or defensive player for each.  So decided to do a offense and a defense version:

Offense: Luck, TRich, Moncrief (if Nicks can't go)

• Luck - Same reason as NewEra (sharing the ball, making the throws and making adjustments)
  • TRich - Not so much for us to win but am hoping for that great game out of him might help to start remove the "bust" label
  • Moncrief - Liked what I've seen out of him so far, would like to see more

Defense: Landry, Werner, McNary

• Landry - Would like to see better angles and tackling
  • Werner - Need him to be disruptive and get some sacks
  • McNary - Didn't watch him enough last game.  Want to see how he does in certain situations (run game, cover, blitz, etc.)

I'm calling out the D line to get some sacks.  Jacksonvilles' strength in my opinion is their WR corps, and they also have a big tight end with speed they can utilize in Mercedes Lewis.  Their running game to me is not their strength so I expect them to mold their game plan around throwing the football.  As a result of this I expect several opportunities for sacks in this one!

Marcedes Lewis is out with a high ankle sprain. On IR till week 12.

I think the team as a whole needs to step up.

We finally have our offensive line and running game shining.. But where's the rest of the team?

Let's see......

We got a starting G on IR

Best pass rusher suspended/IR

Our "C of the future" can't get on the field

Our defense while has a solid secondary (question mark on Landry & Adams) don't have the pass rush to compliment the excellent coverage they provide

Our offensive line has shockingly been the brightest part of the offense after being under fire all offseason

Our #1 overall pick QB sstruggles with accuracy and locking onto wide receivers and seems to believe Reggie Wayne is the only WR out there with him

Our RB's are finally getting holes to run through but one of them is now struggling to hold onto the most important thing.... The football

And our TE's, one plays soft and is big for nothing. And the other appears to be slower than before

That sum it up for you? haha

Werner and Walden are my defensive call-outs. We need them so bad. Werner looks much better in 2014, but he's still not having impact. 

Offensively, I'm calling out our TE's. I called out Luck last week, and deservedly so. After rewatching the Philly game, I noticed our TE's being entirely incapable of getting open. Our TE's are a 2nd and a 3rd round pick, the only time I can remember ever seeing a team take 2 TE's back to back in the draft, at least anywhere near that high. We need production from them, without excuses. 

Oddly enough, the only TE on our roster that had a presence last week was our 3rd string guy, Doyle, and he was playing FB. 

Werner and Walden are my defensive call-outs. We need them so bad. Werner looks much better in 2014, but he's still not having impact. 

Offensively, I'm calling out our TE's. I called out Luck last week, and deservedly so. After rewatching the Philly game, I noticed our TE's being entirely incapable of getting open. Our TE's are a 2nd and a 3rd round pick, the only time I can remember ever seeing a team take 2 TE's back to back in the draft, at least anywhere near that high. We need production from them, without excuses. 

Oddly enough, the only TE on our roster that had a presence last week was our 3rd string guy, Doyle, and he was playing FB. 

Dwayne Allen had quite the presence that Doyle did blocking, He did great last week, very physical, Went up against both D Linemen and linebackers and more then held his own, He wasn't targeted last week but that was because he spent almost all of his snaps(He was not in every snap...Im counting them as we speak) run blocking

Dwayne Allen had quite the presence that Doyle did blocking, He did great last week, very physical, Went up against both D Linemen and linebackers and more then held his own, He wasn't targeted last week but that was because he spent almost all of his snaps(He was not in every snap...Im counting them as we speak) run blocking

Oh I get that, and don't misunderstand. I appreciate the absolute need for him (and fleener) to hold down their assignments in the blocking scheme. I did say "[they were] entirely incapable of getting open". 

I should've been more clear. The onus of my call out was that they get open and produce yards and TD's. 

Oh I get that, and don't misunderstand. I appreciate the absolute need for him (and fleener) to hold down their assignments in the blocking scheme. I did say "[they were] entirely incapable of getting open". 

I should've been more clear. The onus of my call out was that they get open and produce yards and TD's. 

They get open, just not wide open, their QB is slow to get rid of the ball and can`t throw it to the right spot so he looks elsewhere.

Calling out our Tackles.

And DQ Jackson.  Come on Man!!