Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you rather play Denver or New England? [Merge]

steveeoaktree33

That's funny! I thought I seen TY beat 2 defenders in this game! Correct me if I am wrong but I don't believe I am!

I'm not denying that TY Hilton is talented, but Andy Reid isn't the shrewd mastermind that Bill Belichick is. The Grey Hoodie always neutralizes your best offensive weapon i.e. TY Hilton in our case.

Regarding Denver specifically Peyton & John,  "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me." Manning & Fox learn from their previous mistakes & they won't get burned by Mathis & INDY's defense again. Why? Peyton is like a machine or cyborg robot with a photographic memory.  Just because we beat him once, don't expect an encore performance with identical results. 

You may find what I said funny, but I'm not laughing. KC looks like child's play compared to the next round. Don't kid yourself imacoltsfan. 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not denying that TY Hilton is talented, but Andy Reid isn't the shrewd mastermind that Bill Belichick is. The Grey Hoodie always neutralizes your best offensive weapon i.e. TY Hilton in our case.

Regarding Denver specifically Peyton & John,  "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me." Manning & Fox learn from their previous mistakes & they won't get burned by Mathis & INDY's defense again. Why? Peyton is like a machine or cyborg robot with a photographic memory.  Just because we beat him once, don't expect an encore performance. 

Hey SW, are you OK.I swear you were an ardent Colts fan 6 months ago, but recently I see you drift more onto other teams? Am I dreaming? Clearly no offense meant sir, just curious...

Regarding Denver specifically Peyton & John,  "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me." Manning & Fox learn from their previous mistakes & they won't get burned by Mathis & INDY's defense again. Why? Peyton is like a machine or cyborg robot with a photographic memory.  Just because we beat him once, don't expect an encore performance with identical results. 

You may find what I said funny, but I'm not laughing. KC looks like child's play compared to the next round. Don't kid yourself imacoltsfan. 

I don't think Denver has the personnel to take away much from the Colts and that includes Donald Brown. But Peyton will be throwing all day and that will be the key. Also the weather. If Denver's air attack is slowed by the weather then the Colts chances sky rocket IMO.

In terms of the Pats, I do agree that Bill will take things away and honestly I am not sure how a match up with the Pats would go but I would imagine Brady would be throwing too just because the Colts are susceptible through the air. Luck did not fare well at all last year in Foxboro but that was last year. But the one stat that no one seems to be talking about is the Pats are #5 in sacks this year. That is huge. They did not have that type of pass rush last season or for the last few seasons so I can see them getting to Luck and forcing some errant throws. But I think Luck gets his yards too.

I do think Cincy wins today though so it is probably Denver next ....

Hey SW, are you OK.I swear you were an ardent Colts fan 6 months ago, but recently I see you drift more onto other teams? Am I dreaming? Clearly no offense meant sir, just curious...

I'm fine BHC. Thanks for your concern. My team loyalty has not wavered if that's what your asking. I just know that experience at the QB position cannot be substituted for anything except time. I keep thinking of Big Ben's rookie year in Pittsburgh & then he hit a wall in the Playoffs. Granted Luck is no rookie anymore, but both Manning & Brady have had longer post season baptism by fire moments in December & January than Luck has & INDY has a very young roster on offense with Brazil, Fleener, Whalen, & Hilton. 

There is a difference between blind allegiance to a team, wanting them to perform well, & understanding where the current configuration of our squad truly is. SW1 is no wizard or fortune teller by any means. I just urge caution right now vs overzealous enthusiasm based on the experience on our team. If Reggie Wayne was on the active roster right now, a large portion of that experience would be significantly negated, reduced, & more balanced to me. If we commit 3 turnovers against NE or Denver to quote comedian George Burns "say goodnight Gracie. It's over." That's truly how I feel BHC.

I'm fine BHC. Thanks for your concern. My team loyalty has not wavered if that's what your asking. I just know that experience at the QB position cannot be substituted for anything except time. I keep thinking of Big Ben's rookie year in Pittsburgh & then he hit a wall in the Playoffs. Granted Luck is no rookie anymore, but both Manning & Brady have had longer post season baptism by fire moments in December & January than Luck has & INDY has a very young roster on offense with Brazil, Fleener, Whalen, & Hilton. 

There is a difference between blind allegiance to a team, wanting them to perform well, & understanding where the current configuration of our squad truly is. SW1 is no wizard or fortune teller by any means. I just urge caution right now vs overzealous enthusiasm based on the experience on our team. If Reggie Wayne was on the active roster right now, a large portion of that experience would be significantly negated, reduced, & more balanced to me. If we commit 3 turnovers against NE or Denver to quote comedian George Burns "say goodnight Gracie. It's over." That's truly how I feel BHC.

Nicely put my friend. I get you, and share similar views. Sometimes over zealous puppies can do more harm than old dogs though. We shall soon see!

I don't think Denver has the personnel to take away much from the Colts and that includes Donald Brown. But Peyton will be throwing all day and that will be the key. Also the weather. If Denver's air attack is slowed by the weather then the Colts chances sky rocket IMO.

In terms of the Pats, I do agree that Bill will take things away and honestly I am not sure how a match up with the Pats would go but I would imagine Brady would be throwing too just because the Colts are susceptible through the air. Luck did not fare well at all last year in Foxboro but that was last year. But the one stat that no one seems to be talking about is the Pats are #5 in sacks this year. That is huge. They did not have that type of pass rush last season or for the last few seasons so I can see them getting to Luck and forcing some errant throws. But I think Luck gets his yards too.

Well AM the temp in Denver on 1-12-14 is supposed to be 50 so I would say if that stands the weather won't have any baring on Peyton. :)   Got my information on My Weather.com if you want to check it out. ;)

Well AM the temp in Denver on 1-12-14 is supposed to be 50 so I would say if that stands the weather won't have any baring on Peyton. :)   Got my information on My Weather.com if you want to check it out. ;)

That is very good news Susie for the Broncos no matter who they play. They will be tough to beat at home.

#5 is sacks eh very impressive. Hey, speaking of Brady, when Al Michaels was talking about Eagles QB Nick Foles "patting the ball" & separating his hands, did he mean that Brady just created the brief illusion of moving his hands apart makes opposing safeties nervous enough to move forward or slide out of position? Al confused me because he called this technique the non- pump fake. Can you shed some light on what Brady does to fool opposing secondaries on the field? Is it like his famous statute of liberty fake throw etc. etc. The more AL & Cris kept talking about separating hands the more he confused me. I know what a pump fake is. Whats the not pump fake? Was I loosing it or just Cris & AL? LOL!

You don't really need to answer. I just found it odd that Al keep talking about Foles watching Brady when the Eagles & Pats practiced in camp together & he didn't explain to my satisfaction what the hades he actually meant. It like showing up to hear a lecture on something & they go off on a tangent etc. etc. & never answer what they promised they would. 

Man, I sincerely hope you are right amfootball & that Andy Dalton takes Philip Rivers & company down...

I also like the halftime adjustments BB always makes. I can't point to specific games right now other than to say that BB reminds me of how fluid HC Mike Holmgren used to make 2nd half changes in GB & Seattle when he was still patrolling the NFL sidelines. 

#5 is sacks eh very impressive. Hey, speaking of Brady, when Al Michaels was talking about Eagles QB Nick Foles "patting the ball" & separating his hands, did he mean that Brady just created the brief illusion of moving his hands apart makes opposing safeties nervous enough to move forward or slide out of position? Al confused me because he called this technique the non- pump fake. Can you shed some light on what Brady does to fool opposing secondaries on the field? Is it like his famous statute of liberty fake throw etc. etc. The more AL & Cris keep talking about separating hands the more he confused me. I know what a pump fake is. Whats the not pump fake? Was I loosing it or just Cris & AL? LOL!

Man, I sincerely hope you are right amfootball & that Andy Dalton takes Philip Rivers & company down...

I also like the halftime adjustments BB always makes. I can't point to specific games right now other than to say that BB reminds me of how fluid HC Mike Holmgren used to make 2nd half changes in GB & Seattle when he was still patrolling the NFL sidelines. 

What Michaels was referring to was Brady taking his front hand off the ball and then moving it back. Basically separating the ball from his hands without pumping. He does this when he is going through his progressions and it is real quick. The DBs see him separate his hands and think he is about to throw thus having the same effect as a pump fake which causes them to respond allowing a receiver to gain separation. It is interesting as the DBs are glued to his eyes and hands and he realized that just by separating his hands he could get a response without having to do the full motion of the pump fake. Pretty cool stuff. These are the subtleties of the games and how the greats gain advantages. It was cool to see Foles copying him. As the saying goes imitation is the best form of flattery. Sometimes I also notice Brady just jerk his shoulder toward a certain receiver as well with the ball separated from his non-throwing hand. Again, it is real quick and then you will see him just turn to rifle the ball in the other direction. I think so much with football is deception and tendencies and at this point making a DB just hesitate for a second is all he needs to be able to fit the ball into the WR.

I have to admit that I would love to watch Colts/Broncos as I just love the fact of seeing Luck going into Denver and slinging it. He is a real joy to watch and Indy is blessed to have him. I loved how he was pumping up his guys on the sideline even when they were down 28. He does not over think anything. Just reacts. I do think the Colts match up well with Denver which is why they beat them earlier in the year but Peyton will be tough at home.

What Michaels was referring to was Brady taking his front hand off the ball and then moving it back. Basically separating the ball from his hands without pumping. He does this when he is going through his progressions and it is real quick. The DBs see him separate his hands and think he is about to throw thus having the same effect as a pump fake which causes them to respond allowing a receiver to gain separation. It is interesting as the DBs are glued to his eyes and hands and he realized that just by separating his hands he could get a response without having to do the full motion of the pump fake. Pretty cool stuff. These are the subtleties of the games and how the greats gain advantages. It was cool to see Foles copying him. As the saying goes imitation is the best form of flattery. Sometimes I also notice Brady just jerk his shoulder toward a certain receiver as well with the ball separated from his non-throwing hand. Again, it is real quick and then you will see him just turn to rifle the ball in the other direction. I think so much with football is deception and tendencies and at this point making a DB just hesitate for a second is all he needs to be able to fit the ball into the WR.

I have to admit that I would love to watch Colts/Broncos as I just love the fact of seeing Luck going into Denver and slinging it. He is a real joy to watch and Indy is blessed to have him. I loved how he was pumping up his guys on the sideline even when they were down 28. He does not over think anything. Just reacts. I do think the Colts match up well with Denver which is why they beat them earlier in the year but Peyton will be tough at home.

Cool. I learned something today. Brady the slight of hand magician. Thank you for your easy to follow explanation amfootball.  :thmup:  Perhaps, you should be on TV with Al & Cris to explain concepts in laymen's terms through visual aids. That's what floored me, with access to NFL Films & game footage, NBC couldn't just show your audience a video of it both in real time & slow motion really?  haha

I agree. I have yet to see Luck rattled provided his protection holds up & he always remembers to slide feet first not head first. 

First of we can beat Denver we already have so u can't take that away from us !! The Patriots would be tough for anyone to beat but this year there offense is not always firing on all cylinders lastly our team has something that we can't see an incredible willingness to fight and never give up the incredible ability to make plays against really good teams

First of we can beat Denver we already have so u can't take that away from us !! The Patriots would be tough for anyone to beat but this year there offense is not always firing on all cylinders lastly our team has something that we can't see an incredible willingness to fight and never give up the incredible ability to make plays against really good teams

We gotz the Mojo!

Well AM the temp in Denver on 1-12-14 is supposed to be 50 so I would say if that stands the weather won't have any baring on Peyton. :) Got my information on My Weather.com if you want to check it out. ;)

The important fact in this post is not the temp of 50 but the date being in January. Against Peyton history says the Colts would have a 50/50 chance.

Starting with ex-Pat R.Harrison, I have heard many "experts" naming the reasons why we won't make it through next week. (most said we wouldn't win this game at halftime either) Why do y'all think that we will? Personally I don't really care who we play. It's more of HOW we play in my book...

Agree 100%. Not "who" but "HOW" we play. This Colts team can beat anybody but first have to stop beating themselves. Stop making it so hard on themselves by just going out with their foot down on the throttle and execute. They will win

The important fact in this post is not the temp of 50 but the date being in January. Against Peyton history says the Colts would have a 50/50 chance.

Well every team has a 50/50 chance on any given Sunday anyone can win. This is the playoffs and season records wins/losses don't count anymore everyone starts out with  0.

It all comes down to the Chargers/Bengals Game. 

Chargers Win - Play New England on Saturday, January 11th, at 8:15 PM 

Bengals Win - Play Denver on Sunday, January 12th, at 4:40 PM

This might sound weird, but I think New England could be the harder opponent.  Greg Manusky knows how to make Peyton feel uncomfortable.  I think Belichick would do a good job at shutting down T.Y. Hilton, and Blount has been running hard the last few games.  If we are going to have to take a defeat, have it be in a Past of Indy vs the Present and Future of Indy.  The War of 1812 Part II might take place again.  Von Miller is also out for the season with the injury.  The last 2 out of 3 games of the season for Knowshon Moreno, he had 14 carries for 42 yards.  the other game he had 76 yards vs the Texans.   

I think we match up better against Denver but I don't want to have to play Peyton and go through that pain until the last minute possible...that way maybe its to go to the SB and I would feel good no mater how it turned out. NE I think will eat up our lbs. We can't guard their rbs out of the back field and I'm not sure we can stop their running game. Denver I think we can be physical at the line of scrimmage and then HOPE to get to Peyton....they seem to rely on timing more and we can affect that...if we have to cover long...we are screwed..our corners are hurt...and back ups can jam and cover 5-10yds but thats it...then they lose separation. Offensively....we way better matchup with Denver....worst defense in the post-season by a long shot.

Got to go with Denver.  Peyton vs Luck... round 2...FIGHT!  Also, we all know how, for some odd reason, Peyton is when playing in the post-season.  

If not, at least Denver advances then, meaning Peyton is 1 game away from the Super Bowl again.

Both have their perks to play against.

Both teams are tough draws. From a mental toughness standpoint, I think New England has the edge on Denver. From a matchup standpoint, I like our chances against New England better than Denver. From an emotional standpoint, I'd rather take out (or lose to) the Pats than I would Peyton. I already hate the Pats. Losing to them wouldn't make me hate them more or less, and beating them, there would be no greater feeling. I would be happy if we won against the Broncos but I would feel bad for Peyton at the same time. On the other hand, if we don't make the Super Bowl, there's no player I'd like to see win one more than Peyton.

But If I had to choose, I guess I'd rather face the Patriots