Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you rather play Denver or New England? [Merge]

steveeoaktree33

Starting with ex-Pat R.Harrison, I have heard many "experts" naming the reasons why we won't make it through next week. (most said we wouldn't win this game at halftime either) Why do y'all think that we will? Personally I don't really care who we play. It's more of HOW we play in my book...

Edited by Nadine
no insulting nicknames for other NFL teams please

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I Love Peyton Manning, we are in his head, no doubt. Peyton cannot play his game with a clouded mind, and of course he'll be worried about #98 strip sacking him again!!!!!

I think it'll be easier for him a second time around and NOT in Indy if that's who we get.

Honestly I'd rather have Denver because of the Broncos defense.  They are really beat up and I think Luck and the boys showed today they can score enough to keep up with them and I think our offense is better geared for the cold than Denver's.  I also think BB would come up with a game plan to take TY away from us and make life miserable for Luck.  I want nothing to do with New England in the playoffs if we can avoid it. 

Y'all have some good points. I am biased, of course, but consider myself to be a realist. We do have weaknesses but our depth and the fact that we play as a team cancel them out. Whomever we do play, surely will try to take T.Y away. I don't believe that there are any corners that we'll face that can do it 1 on 1 so it'd have to be in gameplanning and coverages. Our defense played almost 38 minutes and still played their best the closer it got to the end. I'm with y'all. Bring it on, whomever... After seeing this game, they may want to think twice before winning to have to risk us coming back on them

Well, this is an interesting scenario. If I had a choice to which one I would rather beat.....there is no hesitation.....I want to beat the Patriots, in NE, in the cold. If I had to choose which team I would not feel as bad losing to, it would be Denver, because I would not mind seeing PM win another one if we could not move on.

Hope I was able to clear things up..... :popcorn:

I could sit here and list all these stats about the opponents, the Colts and everything else, but after going to this game and seeing what I saw, I just believe.

I believe this is a team of destiny. I can't really explain it. I just believe.

Everytime we've played KC in the playoffs we've gone to the AFC Title game...

Let's keep that going!

I'll tell ya why!

1. We have Andrew Luck..... with him we can beat ANYONE

2. I believe T.Y. Hilton will be the best WR out there, no matter who we play next week

3. When our defense focuses, they play good football, see the 2nd half for proof

4. Rogers, Whalen, Fleener, and Brazill are stepping up and beating 1 on 1 coverage

BRING ON DENVER/NEW ENGLAND

What worries me is that whether we face Denver or NE John Fox or Bill Belichick will take TY Hilton away. Can Fleener & or other weapons step up in his absence & pick up the slack? That's the real question. 

Rodney Harrison said this after the game on NBC or inferred it & he is exactly right. If TY is doubled teamed next week, Can we still mount a viable arsenal WR or TE for Luck to throw too? I hope so, but I'd be lying if I didn't say this troubled me a little bit. I can't lie. 

If you forced me to pick the weapon other than TY Hilton that I would want to be the next go to guy, I rooting for Whalen. I like that kid a lot. He's due for a breakout Playoff game anyway. 

What worries me is that whether we face Denver or NE John Fox or Bill Belichick will take TY Hilton away. Can Fleener & or other weapons step up in his absence & pick up the slack? That's the real question.

Rodney Harrison said this after the game on NBC or inferred it & he is exactly right. If TY is doubled teamed next week, Can we still mount a viable arsenal WR or TE for Luck to throw too? I hope so, but I'd be lying if I didn't say this troubled me a little bit. I can't lie.

If you forced me to pick the weapon other than TY Hilton that I would want to be the next go to guy, I rooting for Whalen. I like that kid a lot. He's due for a breakout Playoff game anyway.

We've seenTY taken away plenty of times, especially after Reggie went down since at that point he was the only true "threat". we also saw how that opened up things for Rogers, Whalen, Brazil and Fleener though. I certainly believe that in the next game, we won't see the the defense gashed that bad and Luck throw that many bad picks.

Things will balance out.

We've seenTY taken away plenty of times, especially after Reggie went down since at that point he was the only true "threat". we also saw how that opened up things for Rogers, Whalen, Brazil and Fleener though. I certainly believe that in the next game, we won't see the the defense gashed that bad and Luck throw that many bad picks.

Things will balance out.

two of those games were huge blowouts and maybe the worst the Colts played all year and if it hadn't been for TY today today would have been The Cards or Rams game all over again. We need TY to keep playing well.

However guys stepping up as weapons over the last month of the season should help keep teams honest on TY.

Guest TeamLoloJones

two of those games were huge blowouts and maybe the worst the Colts played all year and if it hadn't been for TY today today would have been The Cards or Rams game all over again. We need TY to keep playing well.

However guys stepping up as weapons over the last month of the season should help keep teams honest on TY.

What a great advantage is it for the Colts, when teams have to double cover the smallest guy on the field.  Rogers, Whalen, Brazill and Fleener should all flourish if T.Y. has to be doubled all game.

I could sit here and list all these stats about the opponents, the Colts and everything else, but after going to this game and seeing what I saw, I just believe.

I believe this is a team of destiny. I can't really explain it. I just believe.

I admire your optimism Restored. Initially, I didn't know how far we'd get in the post season, but given what INDY just accomplished in astounding fashion tonight & the fact that we weren't crushed by injuries, I'm more inclined to subscribe to your Manifest Destiny philosophy now. Momentum does matter & so does defying incredible odds. If we can survive that, why not derive some serious confidence from that dramatic turnaround right? 

You're right 8818. We have shown that Griff, DaRick, LeVon and Fleener can all make the catches if they roll their safety's or try to double cover TY. We will find a way. Let's all hope that our Sledgehammer Landry is okay for next week though as we need the intimidating factor... dang how many concussions happened in this game..?? Hard hitting.

Guest TeamLoloJones

You're right 8818. We have shown that Griff, DaRick, LeVon and Fleener can all make the catches if they roll their safety's or try to double cover TY. We will find a way. Let's all hope that our Sledgehammer Landry is okay for next week though as we need the intimidating factor... dang how many concussions happened in this game..?? Hard hitting.

No kidding...add in the fact that Landry almost knocked himself out of the game, and Bethea almost took out Freeman.

I admire your optimism Restored. Initially, I didn't know how far we'd get in the post season, but given what INDY just accomplished in astounding fashion tonight & the fact that we weren't crushed by injuries, I'm more inclined to subscribe to your Manifest Destiny philosophy now. Momentum does matter & so does defying incredible odds. If we can survive that, why not derive some serious confidence from that dramatic turnaround right?

It seems like every team that wins it each year has some sort of miracle/big break in a game in the playoffs that ultimately propels them to win it all. Ravens had theirs in Denver last year. Giants had Tyree in 07'. Colts had AFC Championship comeback in06'.

It just has to be something. Either a play or a comeback or a drive. We may have for that with tonight's comeback.

Believe.

Things will balance out.

Good point. Cris Collinsworth even commented on Luck's selective amnesia. He throws a pick, forgets about it, & continues to move the ball down the field aggressively. And Luck owns his mistakes [takes full responsibility for them] and he smacks pass rushers on the helmet saying "nice hit!" 2 character traits I admire most about Luck. 

I was also glad to see DE Cory Redding making his presence known out there on the field tonight too since his shoulder was wrapped last week. I just respect Redding's motor & zest to win every play, every down, every game. 

It seems like every team that wins it each year has some sort of miracle/big break in a game in the playoffs that ultimately propels them to win it all. Ravens had theirs in Denver last year. Giants had Tyree in 07'. Colts had AFC Championship comeback in06'.

It just has to be something. Either a play or a comeback or a drive. We may have for that with tonight's comeback.

Believe.

Age has taught me not to succumb to a euphoric prisoner of the moment mentality so easily though. We are about to go about against arguably in Manning & Brady the 2 best QBs in football next week. Do I believe in Luck? Sure I do. Is he elite & wise beyond his years? Absolutely. However, the Playoffs are a whole new ballgame & neither Yoda or Tommy are easily flustered or discouraged by Luck. They respect his talents but he hasn't won anything meaningful yet jewelry wise. One he acquires a ring, all that changes. Namely, the respect you receive from your HOF NFL peers. 

My point is this: Build on this victory & keep the pendulum swinging in your favor. We took a vital championship step tonight, but only 1. Walk before you can run metaphor wise etc. etc. 

Get to the AFC Championship Game 1st. Then & only then will SW1 allow myself to lower my guard & truly believe Restored. JMO. 

Regardless of what happens from this point forward, we can all agree that the Colts are exceeding expectations & they are having an unforgettable year. 

I think it'll be easier for him a second time around and NOT in Indy if that's who we get.

Honestly I'd rather have Denver because of the Broncos defense. They are really beat up and I think Luck and the boys showed today they can score enough to keep up with them and I think our offense is better geared for the cold than Denver's. I also think BB would come up with a game plan to take TY away from us and make life miserable for Luck. I want nothing to do with New England in the playoffs if we can avoid it.

Yeah I'd rather face Denver too myself. Tom Brady and coach Bill are still a very scary combination. And Brady even with a below avg receiving core can still put up 45 points and make it look easy.

But NOT necessarily because I think it would be easier. I miss the "dead rivalry", the almost guaranteed annual regular season meeting, playoff matches and hating NE with all of my inner being. ;)

Besides we already beat Denver once this year. If Luck could guide his team past the 2 best quarterbacks of this era in the same season, it would be like the passing of the torch. And who knows the potential is there to have to go through both of them to reach the Super Bowl. That would look mighty good on anyone's resume. :thmup:

Age has taught me not to succumb to a euphoric prisoner of the moment mentality so easily though. We are about to go about against arguably in Manning & Brady the 2 best QBs in football next week. Do I believe in Luck? Sure I do. Is he elite & wise beyond his years? Absolutely. However, the Playoffs are a whole new ballgame & neither Yoda or Tommy are easily flustered or discouraged by Luck. They respect his talents but he hasn't won anything meaningful yet jewelry wise. One he acquires a ring, all that changes. Namely, the respect you receive from your HOF NFL peers.

My point is this: Build on this victory & keep the pendulum swinging in your favor. We took a vital championship step tonight, but only 1. Walk before you can run metaphor wise etc. etc.

Get to the AFC Championship Game 1st. Then & only then will SW1 allow myself to lower my guard & truly believe Restored. JMO.

Good words there SW1!!! And I agree completely. We cant afford to get too far ahead of yourself or that's right when we will fall flat on our face. Dedinatly excited to see what happens going forward though.

You're right 8818. We have shown that Griff, DaRick, LeVon and Fleener can all make the catches if they roll their safety's or try to double cover TY. We will find a way. Let's all hope that our Sledgehammer Landry is okay for next week though as we need the intimidating factor... dang how many concussions happened in this game..?? Hard hitting.

I'm very excited to see all our young receivers stepping up and making catches. This is gonna boad well for us in the future when Wayne is officaly done. It hopefully will have us ahead of the game as far as replacing his production and being able to operate without him.

Disagree. Bring on Manning vs Luck and all the hype that goes along with it. If we keep it close til the 4th quarter, I like our chances that Manning will make a mistake. As good as Manning is, I trust Luck more when the whole season is riding on making one play.

Disagree. Bring on Manning vs Luck and all the hype that goes along with it. If we keep it close til the 4th quarter, I like our chances that Manning will make a mistake. As good as Manning is, I trust Luck more when the whole season is riding on making one play.

Well its kind of a win win situation for me. A victory over either would be huge.

If you forced me to pick the weapon other than TY Hilton that I would want to be the next go to guy, I rooting for Whalen. I like that kid a lot. He's due for a breakout Playoff game anyway. 

That's funny! I thought I seen TY beat 2 defenders in this game! Correct me if I am wrong but I don't believe I am!

I think we can get to the Big Dance but the defense has to correct A LOT of stuff.  45 points scored primarily through the air is worrisome, but I think they will be better the next go round.  I think we can deal with a team taking away Hilton for a while if the D is playing awesome.  That will give us a while to figure out what is being done and exploit match ups.

The D needs to tighten up, and Luck can't have another 3 interception performance the way he did today.  I believe in what we have here, but that's a big mountain to overcome. I love the comebacks but we need to come out and establish ourselves from the gate which we seem to have some type of problem doing that.  Anyway, what an AWESOME win we had today fellas!

My wife came and picked me up from Buffalo Wild Wings when it was 38-10 and I raised sand with her about leaving.  She said the Colts are getting blown out and they don't have a chance. I said "Oh no we will be coming back!" I've been watching them too long to know they aren't going to let it end like this.  As soon as we get up to leave, Luck throws a bomb to Darick and he catches and we score to get us back within a reasonable amount.  I said it's started already, so as we got closer to our house I had her drop me off at another Wild Wings and I watched the game from there.  I just refused to give up on my boyz and they filled my heart with joy as usual!  Just a team full of gladiators! It will be more amazing to see what we can do if we stop shooting ourselves in the foot...

Bring em on. The pressure is all on the Pats or Broncos. Bottom line, this team believes they can beat anybody.

I don't really buy this statement.The pressure is on everybody. Also, I can assure you the broncos and pats believe they can beat anybody as well.