Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fellow Colt fans

Warhorse

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is an example of why I love this forum.  Sure you get the bad but there are so many good people on here that off-set it and make it a place I want to visit. 

I hope you continue to post Warhorse but totally understand if you choose not to.  Just remember you have friends here whatever you decide.

Forum burnout is real, I have experienced it myself on a site I moderated. You have to keep things at arms length, sometimes that is hard to do. Warhorse, although I am familiar with your name around here I don't really know you but take care, and maybe after a bit of a respite you can continue to participate.....Positive and Negative happens on EVERY forum peeps....it can get to you........being a moderator can be a thankless job, and props to all who do it, it ain't easy......and there be no rewards......arrrrrgh <----sorry I went all Pirate like

We have lost some great posters over the years (Phil, PeytonGirl, Jaric (?) and even FJC (not really), and we gain great new posters every season. The circle of life is prevalent on forums too. Thick skin is required at times, but I'm not letting any jerk posters run me out of town. Geez, I can be a jerk too.

Been there, done this myself a few times, (or at least attemtped to).

The negativity has no doubt gotten to me at times, and I've resigned myself to leave the forum,or take a break.

Bottom line,  the people I enjoy on here, Far out-number the ones that get under my skin.   I have learned to focus on the people I enjoy conversing with, and just skip over the topics and people that don't interest me.    Easier said than done, but it can work.

I hope you'll reconsider, and continue to join us here.

I'll echo what the others have. You have to take the good with the bad. That said, I have noticed an increase of what seem to be "internet bullies" or tough guys how want to cause confrontation in the blink of an eye. I have found that the best way for me to handle these post is to just get away from it for a while.

Bottom line is that this is a forum and everyone views things differently. While I find some post to be absolutely absurd and emotionally charged, I would say that the good definitely outshines the bad.

Like many have said, I'd hate to see you go, but fully understand if you choose to do so.

I've been on this board for 10 years and seen a lot of greats come and go and you, my friend are one of the greats.

Much respect, Warhorse

Been there, done this myself a few times, (or at least attemtped to).

The negativity has no doubt gotten to me at times, and I've resigned myself to leave the forum,or take a break.

Bottom line,  the people I enjoy on here, Far out-number the ones that get under my skin.   I have learned to focus on the people I enjoy conversing with, and just skip over the topics and people that don't interest me.    Easier said than done, but it can work.

I hope you'll reconsider, and continue to join us here.

HEY, Warhorse. WARHORSE......what Gramz said......

Will miss your posts Warhorse, whenever I saw your avatar I stopped and read what you had to say. I understand where you are coming from though, damage control can be something awful on here some days. The list of good posters goes down one that is for sure....I'm not making TK's mistake of listing my favorite posters, I am however interested in his Apple Juice and Toast Christmas celebration (sounds like a very Charlie Brown type of affair) In case anyone is worried about me I'm not going anywhere, I have the title of lovable jerk to defend.

Will miss your posts Warhorse, whenever I saw your avatar I stopped and read what you had to say. I understand where you are coming from though, damage control can be something awful on here some days. The list of good posters goes down one that is for sure....I'm not making TK's mistake of listing my favorite posters, I am however interested in his Apple Juice and Toast Christmas celebration (sounds like a very Charlie Brown type of affair) In case anyone is worried about me I'm not going anywhere, I have the title of lovable jerk to defend.

Who said you were 'lovable' ?

No, well said sir. Well said indeed....

Warhorse, like others have said, I hope you'll re-consider.  I enjoy reading your posts and seeing your thoughts on what is going on with our Colts team.

I don't post a whole lot, well except in the game day forum on game days.  But I do enjoy reading what others have to say.  I've not put anyone on ignore, usually I try not to let thoughtless posters get under my skin, although I know it's hard at times.

Anyway, I hope you'll still stick around, I enjoy reading what you have to say :)

You can't leave corgi..You'd leave me all alone as the only Red Sox fan here...and that's just too much pressure...those big bad Cardinals fans like Brent and Jay Kirk would gang up on me, and I'm too old to fight back...though I wouldn't top trying.. :D

Warhorse.....

I hope you'll reconsider your position.....    instead of leaving altogether,  how about trying to visit a little less often,  to post a little less often.....    that's what I've done this year and it's working for me really well.

With expectations so high,  so are emotions around here.    Too much anger and drama for my comfort level.  

But I like so many posters here (pretty much most everyone)  that I'd miss too many people if I simply went cold turkey and left.  

So, please.....    re-think your position.    It's not too late.   Visit a little less often.   Check out the threads.    Make a few posts...  then call it a day....      wash/rinse/repeat....   I think you'll find it a better way to be a passionate Colts fan....

Please don't go.....   we need all the great Colts fans we can find!    And you're one of them!!     :thmup:     :thmup:     :thmup:     

As someone who moderates a chat line which is something akin to a forum, I can say that burnout hits everyone. There is a time where you have to take a nice long break. I have left on various occasion for month(s) at a time... on sabbaticals to try to reclaim my sanity. Stay safe Warhorse, and enjoy the freedom from the ties that bind you.

So you want a message board of only happy thoughts? Good luck with that

No, but when you get enough people picking apart every minutia, it starts to grate on people. I thought we were supposed to have some fun with this? Lately it hasn't been much fun. I too, have LOTS of people on ignore to make it more tolerable. 

I too, stepped down from a position (for a world-wide company on another website) even higher than what warhorse did because I couldn't deal with the day to day "complaining". The internet can be a hard place for those with skin that isn't as thick as Fort Knox. I'm getting too old for this nonsense. This is part of the reason I don't post as much as some of you. Pfffft.

Why don't we just shut the Forum down? Then we won't have no problems at all!!! Well at least concerning the forum???

haha

Actually, a few teams have shut down their forums. I guess when the teachers said to "play nice" in kindergarten, few listened. 

If the infrastructure of this country ever falls apart, I'm going to put a %^$ to my head. Much easier.

I gotta point out; What we're talking about here isn't exclusive to this forum, to these fans. It's the internet. Gotta have thick skin within these realms. ANYONE can sign up and post, and the staff doesn't just arbitrarily ban people for not being a pretty little ray of sunshine. 

All forums have a negative aspect. As well, there is a very blurry line between honest conversation about team issues and "negativity". 

That being said, I think Warhorse will regret leaving. It's never a good decision to rage-quit. Take some time away.....reset yourself and then come back. These forums are an excellent fan resource. A great way to discuss the goings-on with the team and the league. You're gonna run into Debbie-downers all the time. Shrug 'em off. 

Bad posters make us appreciate good posters. Take stock in such. 

Although this should soon be moved to the General section, I wanted to reach out to the posters here where there is the most activity. 

I recently stated that I was going to try to turn over a new leaf, for lack of a better description. It was my intent to be more supportive of others opinions and avoid confrontation. As some of you may know, I recently rescinded my duties as a mod to use the ignore feature in an attempt to make my experience a bit more tolerable. Since I have put over 30 on ignore in 2 weeks, and I just witnessed a whole new group of posters who have joined to vent about the failures of one or more aspects of the team even though we have a 3 game lead in our division, I now know I am not going to be able to fulfill my promise. 

I just wanted to take a second to give a very real thank you to those here who have always brightened my day, and helped buoy my fan experience.What I come here for, is simply not available, despite the incredible and appreciated efforts of your moderator team. You members are really lucky to have them. 

I wish everyone, even those I disagree with, great health and happiness. 

Go Colts!

Although this should soon be moved to the General section, I wanted to reach out to the posters here where there is the most activity. 

I recently stated that I was going to try to turn over a new leaf, for lack of a better description. It was my intent to be more supportive of others opinions and avoid confrontation. As some of you may know, I recently rescinded my duties as a mod to use the ignore feature in an attempt to make my experience a bit more tolerable. Since I have put over 30 on ignore in 2 weeks, and I just witnessed a whole new group of posters who have joined to vent about the failures of one or more aspects of the team even though we have a 3 game lead in our division, I now know I am not going to be able to fulfill my promise. 

I just wanted to take a second to give a very real thank you to those here who have always brightened my day, and helped buoy my fan experience.What I come here for, is simply not available, despite the incredible and appreciated efforts of your moderator team. You members are really lucky to have them. 

I wish everyone, even those I disagree with, great health and happiness. 

Go Colts!

lmao! You think all the other teams collapsing around us is the story. Were 3 games up on dog do.

7 one and dones. Not to be discussed if you are a fan.

On gamedays, put on your Cheerleader outfit and get out your pompoms, your a Colts Fan.

Ya, and some people are actually FB Fans.

Getting down into the nitty gritty, Analyzing what we see on the field and where we are actually at in the BUILD, sharing our Viewpoints, talking about Reallity.

That actually gives meaning to some FB fans. It gives the entertainment experience some Depth 

Sometimes I get to see my shared ideas come to fruition, and sometimes I get proven wrong. If MY TEAM proves me wrong, I WIN! My Team, a Player has shown unexpected improvement. I LUV getting shown up that way.

More knowledgeable Real Fans can see The Players get better at what the Coaches have been Teaching.

For me, that is a great thing to witness. 

I coached little League BB for 6 years. Hitting is what I taught best. The satisfaction was immense getting a timid 10 year old and to watch him over 3 seasons, develope into a good, confident hitter.

My kids learned to hit and could tell about it.

And I saw plenty of coaches order their kids to scoot up to the plate, and stand there to draw walks or get hit. Yes they won some games that way, they could win ugly then shake their pompoms, you know, they won right?

Yes winning a game against a weak team late in the game is OK, fun, gives a thrill.

But for me, Not a lot of fun having watched My Colts play ugly, behind, unentertaining football for much of the game.

So go ahead, enjoy it your way, Add another cup of sugar to your kool-aid, and enjoy the feeling that you are going for. GL Good Bye!

You can't leave corgi..You'd leave me all alone as the only Red Sox fan here...and that's just too much pressure...those big bad Cardinals fans like Brent and Jay Kirk would gang up on me, and I'm too old to fight back...though I wouldn't top trying.. :D

Hey I saw that :)  Corgi cannot leave because our avatars are kind of 'tight.'  :)  

Warhorse.  I enjoyed your posts.  I enjoyed the way you moderated.  You helped make me more positive when I was 'not easy to get along with.'  I personally would love you to stay...anyone else?  :)

I may be crazy, but whatever thread I get on I read EVERY one unless I am in a huge hurry.  Every opinion matters whether we like that opinion or not IMO.  I too have my favorite posters (Thank you TK for including me :) but I even enjoy the kids/fans that are just on here to learn and have fun.  If y'all(That is Indiana for 'you all) notice, I only debate with someone I recognize as very knowledgeable, or someone who is mean and 'thinks they know football' and are stepping on someone for no reason.  (Bad idea I know)

We could all say this team is just horrible, but 7-3 will never be horrible in any year of the NFL.  This is a special team and a special forum of great fans.

Back to Warhorse....please come back and see us!!! (I hope I am not on ignore :))

:pass:  :pass:  :pass:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :nfl:  :nfl: !!!!!!!!!!

I was going to send this privately, but since you cannot receive any new messages, here's how I feel..

We haven't interacted much, but I feel there is a mutual respect between us, in the little interactions that we have had. Even though you've been on the Forum's for years, and me going on 2, we are both around the same age, and I think, have gone through a lot of things in our lives..(hence your name Warhorse)..From one old guy to another, I'd like you to listen, if you would, what I have to say, for it needs to be said....Here is your post so I can reference it in this message.

"I recently stated that I was going to try to turn over a new leaf, for lack of a better description. It was my intent to be more supportive of others opinions and avoid confrontation. As some of you may know, I recently rescinded my duties as a mod to use the ignore feature in an attempt to make my experience a bit more tolerable. Since I have put over 30 on ignore in 2 weeks, and I just witnessed a whole new group of posters who have joined to vent about the failures of one or more aspects of the team even though we have a 3 game lead in our division, I now know I am not going to be able to fulfill my promise.

I just wanted to take a second to give a very real thank you to those here who have always brightened my day, and helped buoy my fan experience.What I come here for, is simply not available, despite the incredible and appreciated efforts of your moderator team. You members are really lucky to have them."

I understand your frustration with the direction of the Forum recently, with people complaining, over-reacting, and just being plain ignorant concerning the team, and other members as well. Let's see if I can put this into perspective..

Most of the people on this site, are not our age, or close to it. Most are kids, who have never really seen the Colts lose, or play terrible. They became spoiled through the Manning years, and even then, there was always something to complain about. Also, with today's age, unfortunately, there is a total lack of respect towards anyone or anything that doesn't "agree" with how these people think or act, and no accountability. Its not like when you and I were young, being brought up to treat each other with respect, and to be treated the way we would like to be treated. With the advent of social media, every little thing is blown out of proportion 100 fold, in an attempt to get notoriety, and every little mistake, misstep, or anything is magnified to the maximum. Its sad, but its a fact that's not going to change, and will probably continue to get worse.

I have seen you attempt to talk sense into some people, you do it intelligently, with well-thought out responses, and yet, have to endure the nonsense of 70 percent of the posters here. Here's where I am going to point out to you, why I believe that you leaving is not going to solve anything..I may be wrong, but I don't think I am...

In the many years, I know you have made many friends here, people who are almost like family to you, ones that you have come to respect, and in a way love. If this were not true, your last paragraph would not have any meaning at all. Your presence would truly be missed by many, and you would end up unintentionally hurting some people who do want you here, who do respect you and your thoughts and feelings. Your contributions have been a big part of the success of the Forum, for you are one of the links in the chain of great Cols fans, who care so deeply about their team. You are family here, and like the family re-union, there are always going to be a few bad apples, some even rotten with worms. You can't let a bunch of kids, that only want to argue and nit-pick get to you. You are THE WARHORSE..

Then you also need to look to some younger posters like TKnight..He's only 19 or 20, but look at his maturity, and common sense...same with MTC who's getting close to graduating from a major university. Who is going to be a continuing example to them on how to act. We as the elder ones, need to try to lead by example, in how we conduct ourselves, and to be leaders, without being perceived as leading.

For your situation, removing yourself from mod duties and responsibilities was a good idea, in my opinion. Leaving the Forum is not. I know this is mostly frustration and anger at something that you love, seemingly going to heck in a hand basket, but if we all leave, this would be no more, and there are too many wonderful people here to just up and quit.

You are a Colts fan..just like the Colts, you never quit.,You never give up, you never throw in the towel. That attitude is what makes the Colts, and their fans special. The ones that are getting under your skin are not true fans. That is something you need to realize, when dealing with these "so-called" people.

I'm asking you, as one man to another to please re-consider your post and impending reaction to the post. If you have to put 50 or more "posters" on ignore, then so be it..Aren't the others here, that are true fans, and good people worthy of your time and presence?

People are going to be ignorant, that is everywhere, and you can't run away from it. If you decide to leave, that is your choice, only you can make that for yourself. But then, at least in my eyes, you will have let the poison that is taking over continue to fester, and infect more and more, until this place is truly gone. And, unlike the Colts you love, respect, and admire, you will have given up, and quit, and for what its worth, you will lose respect in my eyes, and in others eyes as well.

You don't have to engage these clowns..but you need to be a leader by example, no matter how frustrating..if you can't handle that, then I wish you a good, happy and healthy life.

You are a good man Warhorse..don't let them get to you..They just aren't worth it...but there are people here that are..Its up to you to decide which is more important.

Thank you for listening..

What a great msg, especially those high lighted in red. 

• 3 weeks later...

I was going to send this privately, but since you cannot receive any new messages, here's how I feel..

We haven't interacted much, but I feel there is a mutual respect between us, in the little interactions that we have had. Even though you've been on the Forum's for years, and me going on 2, we are both around the same age, and I think, have gone through a lot of things in our lives..(hence your name Warhorse)..From one old guy to another, I'd like you to listen, if you would, what I have to say, for it needs to be said....Here is your post so I can reference it in this message.

"I recently stated that I was going to try to turn over a new leaf, for lack of a better description. It was my intent to be more supportive of others opinions and avoid confrontation. As some of you may know, I recently rescinded my duties as a mod to use the ignore feature in an attempt to make my experience a bit more tolerable. Since I have put over 30 on ignore in 2 weeks, and I just witnessed a whole new group of posters who have joined to vent about the failures of one or more aspects of the team even though we have a 3 game lead in our division, I now know I am not going to be able to fulfill my promise.

I just wanted to take a second to give a very real thank you to those here who have always brightened my day, and helped buoy my fan experience.What I come here for, is simply not available, despite the incredible and appreciated efforts of your moderator team. You members are really lucky to have them."

I understand your frustration with the direction of the Forum recently, with people complaining, over-reacting, and just being plain ignorant concerning the team, and other members as well. Let's see if I can put this into perspective..

Most of the people on this site, are not our age, or close to it. Most are kids, who have never really seen the Colts lose, or play terrible. They became spoiled through the Manning years, and even then, there was always something to complain about. Also, with today's age, unfortunately, there is a total lack of respect towards anyone or anything that doesn't "agree" with how these people think or act, and no accountability. Its not like when you and I were young, being brought up to treat each other with respect, and to be treated the way we would like to be treated. With the advent of social media, every little thing is blown out of proportion 100 fold, in an attempt to get notoriety, and every little mistake, misstep, or anything is magnified to the maximum. Its sad, but its a fact that's not going to change, and will probably continue to get worse.

I have seen you attempt to talk sense into some people, you do it intelligently, with well-thought out responses, and yet, have to endure the nonsense of 70 percent of the posters here. Here's where I am going to point out to you, why I believe that you leaving is not going to solve anything..I may be wrong, but I don't think I am...

In the many years, I know you have made many friends here, people who are almost like family to you, ones that you have come to respect, and in a way love. If this were not true, your last paragraph would not have any meaning at all. Your presence would truly be missed by many, and you would end up unintentionally hurting some people who do want you here, who do respect you and your thoughts and feelings. Your contributions have been a big part of the success of the Forum, for you are one of the links in the chain of great Cols fans, who care so deeply about their team. You are family here, and like the family re-union, there are always going to be a few bad apples, some even rotten with worms. You can't let a bunch of kids, that only want to argue and nit-pick get to you. You are THE WARHORSE..

Then you also need to look to some younger posters like TKnight..He's only 19 or 20, but look at his maturity, and common sense...same with MTC who's getting close to graduating from a major university. Who is going to be a continuing example to them on how to act. We as the elder ones, need to try to lead by example, in how we conduct ourselves, and to be leaders, without being perceived as leading.

For your situation, removing yourself from mod duties and responsibilities was a good idea, in my opinion. Leaving the Forum is not. I know this is mostly frustration and anger at something that you love, seemingly going to heck in a hand basket, but if we all leave, this would be no more, and there are too many wonderful people here to just up and quit.

You are a Colts fan..just like the Colts, you never quit.,You never give up, you never throw in the towel. That attitude is what makes the Colts, and their fans special. The ones that are getting under your skin are not true fans. That is something you need to realize, when dealing with these "so-called" people.

I'm asking you, as one man to another to please re-consider your post and impending reaction to the post. If you have to put 50 or more "posters" on ignore, then so be it..Aren't the others here, that are true fans, and good people worthy of your time and presence?

People are going to be ignorant, that is everywhere, and you can't run away from it. If you decide to leave, that is your choice, only you can make that for yourself. But then, at least in my eyes, you will have let the poison that is taking over continue to fester, and infect more and more, until this place is truly gone. And, unlike the Colts you love, respect, and admire, you will have given up, and quit, and for what its worth, you will lose respect in my eyes, and in others eyes as well.

You don't have to engage these clowns..but you need to be a leader by example, no matter how frustrating..if you can't handle that, then I wish you a good, happy and healthy life.

You are a good man Warhorse..don't let them get to you..They just aren't worth it...but there are people here that are..Its up to you to decide which is more important.

Thank you for listening..

You know....I have taken some time to think about this. There were many supportive replies in this thread and I want to sincerely acknowledge each one of them, I read them all. It was my intention to not return, but I have continued to read the current threads, seeing how things were going. Although the environment has not changed...in fact it may be worsening, your response to me kind of shook me. You honored me with your response, and it was humbling. I am trying to better myself personally, and I am making many changes in my life, thus, my decision to make a change. 

Although my apology in the original post of this thread was to those who I have befriended, I had not truly considered the effect to those in quite the way you put it. In a way, I was leaving relationships that deserved more than that, and for that I apologize to you and anyone else that decision may have affected. I put my own frustrations first and forgot to look around me. I have found solace, especially after games, to not feel the need to post and face the growing complaining. But what I miss the most is to come here and be proud of my team, regardless of the outcome.... and have others commiserate with me. But there is no where on this board to do that without having to experience something far different. Yes....there are a lot of very young members on here. They have not reached a point in their life where confrontation and angst comes with a cost to the purveyor. But If I don't find the space to do it on the public boards...then I will do it by PM with those who seek a similar experience rather than complain about it. I have been doing that by email with a few close friends, some from here, since I stopped posting. 

But in all, I wanted to say thank you for taking the time to reach out to me. You are eloquent, sincere, and well spoken. Our respect is mutual. 

Thank you for the kind words. I have learned,(many times the hard way), that you can't let others affect who you are, and what you wish to do with your life. I used to be a person that would jump to conclusions, attack back while being attacked, and I found out after going back, and re-thinking what I did, how I reacted, etc. how it affected me personally, and I found out that it made me no better than the people and things I lashed out at. Being on death's door really opened my eyes, as to how I was acting, and reacting, and I wasn't only hurting myself, I was hurting those I loved. Now, I don't wish that people need to be dying to realize this, however, it was what woke me up, and made me see things in a totally new perspective.

My focus now, is more towards others, my wife, family, and ones I call friends, and those I choose to call very close acquaintances. A lot of the time, due to my medications, I get sick, and have many side effects. When I feel like its not worth fighting the pain, and symptoms, I have found solace here with some very special people, whom I have grown to love, and who love me back. I never realized that someone you have never met, would be an integral part of your life..Someone to laugh with, cry with, or just knowing that someone does indeed care. There have been times, where, like you, I would get frustrated to the point, where I would just say F it, I don't need to deal with this nonsense any longer...Its not worth my time..etc. .But when times are rough, my family here goes out of their way to help me, to talk, and just say "its going to be ok..I am here for you if you need me." Its almost like suicide...You are taking your pain away, yet you are hurting more people than you ever can imagine.

A wise person once told me..that no one can make you feel anything..it is you that allows them to. For example, if the Colts win, you allow them to make you feel happy, joyous, excited, all the good things...when they lose, you hurt, sometimes more than they do, but because you allow it. Then, because of your passion, your love, whatever..when people who don't see things as you do come in and basically trash what you love, sometimes intentionally to get a reaction, other times, by coincidence, you allow them to get to you.

Remember when I said, you need to lead by example, without truly leading?..One beautiful person on the Forum, both inside and out, does just that, better than anyone I have ever known. When she is upset, you can tell, but when she responds, its like she makes her point, without being confrontational. She'll then post a comic, or a thought, that always seems to make me feel just a little better. Its not directed at me personally, but a lot of times, its right on point with how I am feeling, or is something I needed to hear. There are people I PM with, not as much as I should, that we just talk, share thoughts, pictures, articles, music, jokes, etc.. and just knowing that they are here, makes me feel special, and I hope I do as well for them. Its hard to believe that one can get so close to another, without ever meeting them in person...That is the true beauty of the Internet..but the Internet also allow those with shallow minds, who feed off the negativity, who hide behind their computers, because they are too cowardly to say what they say in person, who try to ruin it for others..They can only succeed, if we allow them to hurt us, or make us angry, and frustrated. When they see what they are doing is no longer giving them the results they crave, they leave, looking for others to spread their hate and negativity.

I'm glad you got to read the post I made..it truly came from the heart, and you are a person I have come to respect, and care about. And, there are many others here that echo that sentiment. In times of despair, or need, you find out who your friends really are. And its those friends that are still here for you, whenever you need them. For example, if I am not online for a couple days, I get 2-3 PM's asking if everything is ok, (due to my health concerns). People come into your life, for a reason, a season, or for life. No matter how long or short a time you have with that person, they are there to help you grow, and learn. Many people on this Forum are just like that, some may come and go, some may stay, but you learn from everyone and everything in life.  And if my little note to you helped you through a rough time, or made you think differently, or helped you to grow, I am truly honored. And I learned from you as well..you reminded me, to continue to be strong, to face what ever challenge I have head on, and to not allow others to influence my decisions, or my life...And for that, I am in your debt.

I an glad you came back, even if you aren't posting as much..your family here has missed you. Please continue to stay, and again, thank you Warhorse.

Know thyself, and be true to it.  If you needed to break from Mod duties, and even frustrated to the point of using the ignore list, then maybe a little vacation will recharge those batteries.  I'm glad you came back to once and saw this thread.  Chances are good you will be back again when your positive outlook has been fully restored.

I have used selective reading.  Certain titles I steer from, and sometimes a sentence or two form the OP opener makes me close the tab.  I love the glass is more than half full crowd.  Gets me into support mode as game day approaches.  I also appreciate the thoughtful questions and analysis on problems.  We are not a perfect team and it is good to think about what it would take to win it all this year, and how to make it happen.  I only know I like the diversity at times, when it is thoughtful analyzed discussion.  I think we all agree the heated knee jerk "Make them all walk home" rants are draining and non-productive.  I don't even want to read those far enough to make a response of any kind.

Enjoy what ever recourse you employ, but I hope to see your avatar leading a post box soon.