Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fellow Colt fans

Warhorse

Although this should soon be moved to the General section, I wanted to reach out to the posters here where there is the most activity. 

I recently stated that I was going to try to turn over a new leaf, for lack of a better description. It was my intent to be more supportive of others opinions and avoid confrontation. As some of you may know, I recently rescinded my duties as a mod to use the ignore feature in an attempt to make my experience a bit more tolerable. Since I have put over 30 on ignore in 2 weeks, and I just witnessed a whole new group of posters who have joined to vent about the failures of one or more aspects of the team even though we have a 3 game lead in our division, I now know I am not going to be able to fulfill my promise. 

I just wanted to take a second to give a very real thank you to those here who have always brightened my day, and helped buoy my fan experience.What I come here for, is simply not available, despite the incredible and appreciated efforts of your moderator team. You members are really lucky to have them. 

I wish everyone, even those I disagree with, great health and happiness. 

Go Colts!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although this should soon be moved to the General section, I wanted to reach out to the posters here where there is the most activity.

I recently stated that I was going to try to turn over a new leaf, for lack of a better description. It was my intent to be more supportive of others opinions and avoid confrontation. As some of you may know, I recently rescinded my duties as a mod to use the ignore feature in an attempt to make my experience a bit more tolerable. Since I have put over 30 on ignore in 2 weeks, and I just witnessed a whole new group of posters who have joined to vent about the failures of one or more aspects of the team even though we have a 3 game lead in our division, I now know I am not going to be able to fulfill my promise.

I just wanted to take a second to give a very real thank you to those here who have always brightened my day, and helped buoy my fan experience.What I come here for, is simply not available, despite the incredible and appreciated efforts of your moderator team. You members are really lucky to have them.

Go Colts!

Your leaving the forum?? :scratch:

And TKnight24 is on the list of those who brighten your day right? :thmup:

Everyone loves TK! haha

*sips apple juice*

I feel the same way at times. Heck if we wanted to hear how horrible out team was we can just go to the texans, jags or titans board.

I've learned to just ignore it. Bottomline, it's always gonna be negative people/threads on here. Can't let it ruin your day. I usually only read posts from posters I like/familiar with like

ColtFan4Life

Gramz

Andy

Holden

Nadine (Always gotta read the Boss' post :peek: )

Bodacious Bryce

Fx Stryker

Southwest

BrentMc

Indygal

NewColtsFan

IndyD4U

Balzer

Dustin

Etc etc

But that's just how I make the forum enjoyable for myself

I've learned to just ignore it. Bottomline, it's always gonna be negative people/threads on here. Can't let it ruin your day. I usually only read posts from posters I like/familiar with like

ColtFan4Life

Gramz

Andy

Holden

Bodacious Bryce

Fx Stryker

Southwest

BrentMc

Indygal

NewColtsFan

IndyD4U

Balzer

Dustin

Etc etc

Ahem! Are you not forgetting someone? :P:).

Only kidding man, but I see what I mean I definitely feel the same way.

ColtFan4Life

Gramz

Andy

Holden

Bodacious Bryce

Fx Stryker

Southwest

BrentMc

Indygal

NewColtsFan

IndyD4U

Balzer

Dustin

Etc etc

I didn't even make the nomination list  :bag: , I'll never win a forum Oscar at this rate. :P

Go Colts!

I hope this isn't as I read it to be and a intent to depart the forums. Though we've never really interacted to the degree I'm sure you have with some, I've always enjoyed reading your posts and appreciated your attempts at as a Mod. 

Unfortunately I have to agree with you, even in my short posting tenure on here there has been a change in the tone and feel of posting and you do have to wonder sometimes if it isn't a concerted effort by a few people to wind up the regulars on here. 

Sad to see you go, hope to see you stay!

I didn't even make the nomination list :bag: , I'll never win a forum Oscar at this rate. :P

Ahem! Are you not forgetting someone? :P:).

Only kidding man, but I see what I mean I definitely feel the same way.

Y'all fall under the etc etc. Too many people to type haha

Maybe at the end of the season if the mods allow me I'll make a thread about a list of my favorite posters

Go Colts!

I feel your frustrations my friend.  Even though I didn't make your list,  lol..   This is the first comment or post that I have made in quite awhile.  I check in daily to see what is up with my friends here,  but refrain from commenting and getting into the whole argueing and viciousness that always raises it's ugly head sooner or later.   Find it a bit funny how many people you have hit the ignore on in a short time,  I never took the time or trouble to do that,  usually justed skipped past them.  I enjoy the varying opinions and thoughts,  but it always seems to turn from points of view to personal attacks.

I've felt the same way Warhorse does at times. It gets really frustrating to come here when you have a 7-3 football team coming off an 11-5 season only two years into a complete make over of the roster and some people can only find negative things to say. I get it, not everything is going to be wonderful ALL the time and it's fair to point out concerns, however when your team is a combined 18-8 in two years after pretty much completely changing out the roster, coaching staff, and front office I think people need to recognize something good is going on. If you can only find something negative to say ALL the time maybe the issue isn't really with the team and is more with you and the way you see things.

With that said those people who have a negative outlook are of course entitled to their opinion. I would just remind them so are the people who disagree with their opinion and just because someone is entitled to an opinion doesn't mean others have to agree with it and just because someone doesn't agree with them and elects to tell them why doesn't make that person a troll. Personally I think the word Troll has been used on this forum so much it has lost all meaning.

I think we should all just ask ourselves the following question? Why are you here? To talk football or show how smart you are, argue with others, or just complain? If it's one of the later three maybe it should be the first one.

I've been here a long time since 2003 and I don't say that to make it seem like I have some special posting rights I don't, my opinion means no more than the guy who signed up today. I say that because I've seen this forum a lot over the years. There used to be more of a respect when someone said an opinion and when someone disagreed with it they could stick to talking about the point without the need to feel like taking some kind of shot at the person. Too often I see things spiral on here where someone makes a point and someone else feels the need to throw some kind of personal shot in because they don't like the fact that someone else disagrees with them. I think if we all make more of an effort to not make things personal and keep it to just the football maybe things would be less hostile around here at times.

Go Colts!

Me thinks you might be over-thinking this a bit.

I am a "Peyton fan". Even great posters like YOU have made it clear that my excessive focus on the topic is unwelcome. One lovely fellow repeatedly called me a pothead because I defended Von Miller. (By the way, I've never tried any drugs in my life). Several (including the same fellow) have rudely accused this 40+ year Colt fan of essentially not being a Colts fan at all. It makes my blood boil. There are several people on here who I simply detest personally.

The thing is, I have NEVER put a SINGLE person on ignore. THIRTY? Because they are too negative, and you disagree with them? COME ON. Don't leave the site man, just let go of the angst and ignore them. WHO CARES. In one eye and out the other.

ColtFan4Life

Gramz

Andy

Holden

Bodacious Bryce

Fx Stryker

Southwest

BrentMc

Indygal

NewColtsFan

IndyD4U

Balzer

Dustin

Etc etc

HEY. I think you're missing a name :lol:

Kidding, kidding, but it actually goes to Warhorse's problem. No matter what anyone posts, some will love it and some will hate it and some won't care one way or another.  It isn't realistic to expect to control other people's behavior, and it's a waste of time and energy to try. You can only control your own behavior - by choosing to let the things you don't like roll off your back, and concentrating on things that give you pleasure. Fortunately there is PLENTY on here that gives me pleasure.

By the way, sometimes -  frankly - it GIVES me pleasure to - instead of ignoring a nasty post - be a sarcastic jerk and reply in a way that makes the person who has offended me feel like a buffoon. Call it a hobby. I don't put people on ignore because I want to be aware of what they are saying (responding to me in particular). What I do with that information is another matter. Report, dismiss, respond in an aggressive manner, respond in a conciliatory manner,  skip it based on the posters name, read a few words and move on if I don't like the tone or content, read it completely and chose to ignore it regardless of how it makes me feel, laugh it off and move on. What I DON'T do is let it get to me, or even remember it ten minutes later.

Whether that's because "life's too short" or because my memory is going is not entire clear. :P

I was going to send this privately, but since you cannot receive any new messages, here's how I feel..

We haven't interacted much, but I feel there is a mutual respect between us, in the little interactions that we have had. Even though you've been on the Forum's for years, and me going on 2, we are both around the same age, and I think, have gone through a lot of things in our lives..(hence your name Warhorse)..From one old guy to another, I'd like you to listen, if you would, what I have to say, for it needs to be said....Here is your post so I can reference it in this message.

"I recently stated that I was going to try to turn over a new leaf, for lack of a better description. It was my intent to be more supportive of others opinions and avoid confrontation. As some of you may know, I recently rescinded my duties as a mod to use the ignore feature in an attempt to make my experience a bit more tolerable. Since I have put over 30 on ignore in 2 weeks, and I just witnessed a whole new group of posters who have joined to vent about the failures of one or more aspects of the team even though we have a 3 game lead in our division, I now know I am not going to be able to fulfill my promise.

I just wanted to take a second to give a very real thank you to those here who have always brightened my day, and helped buoy my fan experience.What I come here for, is simply not available, despite the incredible and appreciated efforts of your moderator team. You members are really lucky to have them."

I understand your frustration with the direction of the Forum recently, with people complaining, over-reacting, and just being plain ignorant concerning the team, and other members as well. Let's see if I can put this into perspective..

Most of the people on this site, are not our age, or close to it. Most are kids, who have never really seen the Colts lose, or play terrible. They became spoiled through the Manning years, and even then, there was always something to complain about. Also, with today's age, unfortunately, there is a total lack of respect towards anyone or anything that doesn't "agree" with how these people think or act, and no accountability. Its not like when you and I were young, being brought up to treat each other with respect, and to be treated the way we would like to be treated. With the advent of social media, every little thing is blown out of proportion 100 fold, in an attempt to get notoriety, and every little mistake, misstep, or anything is magnified to the maximum. Its sad, but its a fact that's not going to change, and will probably continue to get worse.

I have seen you attempt to talk sense into some people, you do it intelligently, with well-thought out responses, and yet, have to endure the nonsense of 70 percent of the posters here. Here's where I am going to point out to you, why I believe that you leaving is not going to solve anything..I may be wrong, but I don't think I am...

In the many years, I know you have made many friends here, people who are almost like family to you, ones that you have come to respect, and in a way love. If this were not true, your last paragraph would not have any meaning at all. Your presence would truly be missed by many, and you would end up unintentionally hurting some people who do want you here, who do respect you and your thoughts and feelings. Your contributions have been a big part of the success of the Forum, for you are one of the links in the chain of great Cols fans, who care so deeply about their team. You are family here, and like the family re-union, there are always going to be a few bad apples, some even rotten with worms. You can't let a bunch of kids, that only want to argue and nit-pick get to you. You are THE WARHORSE..

Then you also need to look to some younger posters like TKnight..He's only 19 or 20, but look at his maturity, and common sense...same with MTC who's getting close to graduating from a major university. Who is going to be a continuing example to them on how to act. We as the elder ones, need to try to lead by example, in how we conduct ourselves, and to be leaders, without being perceived as leading.

For your situation, removing yourself from mod duties and responsibilities was a good idea, in my opinion. Leaving the Forum is not. I know this is mostly frustration and anger at something that you love, seemingly going to heck in a hand basket, but if we all leave, this would be no more, and there are too many wonderful people here to just up and quit.

You are a Colts fan..just like the Colts, you never quit.,You never give up, you never throw in the towel. That attitude is what makes the Colts, and their fans special. The ones that are getting under your skin are not true fans. That is something you need to realize, when dealing with these "so-called" people.

I'm asking you, as one man to another to please re-consider your post and impending reaction to the post. If you have to put 50 or more "posters" on ignore, then so be it..Aren't the others here, that are true fans, and good people worthy of your time and presence?

People are going to be ignorant, that is everywhere, and you can't run away from it. If you decide to leave, that is your choice, only you can make that for yourself. But then, at least in my eyes, you will have let the poison that is taking over continue to fester, and infect more and more, until this place is truly gone. And, unlike the Colts you love, respect, and admire, you will have given up, and quit, and for what its worth, you will lose respect in my eyes, and in others eyes as well.

You don't have to engage these clowns..but you need to be a leader by example, no matter how frustrating..if you can't handle that, then I wish you a good, happy and healthy life.

You are a good man Warhorse..don't let them get to you..They just aren't worth it...but there are people here that are..Its up to you to decide which is more important.

Thank you for listening..

Go Colts!

I very sorry that you feel this way, but I completely understand whatever you choose to do. There are many on this board with whom I enjoy reading their opinions and talking to.

I would like to thank you for everything you've done for this board, I seriously hope you can stay but I respect your decision ( whatever you decide) but I hope that you remember, if it seems you do decide to leave ( which hope you don't) you will always have a colts family to return to.

I wsh commenst swerent ;abel;ed negative and positiove...IO wish commets werent label;ed negative and [ositiove..I

Go Colts!

I wish comments werent labeled negative and positive

The best example I have is coach Chuck Pagano.

I think he's too conservative. I think the 'run the ball' and play defense style he exceled at in Baltimore and brought to the Colts is playing not to lose.. 

Its 20 years behind the times..and a waste of Andrew Luck..

But I love coach Chuck...Our defensive style is vastly improved than it was under coach Jim..and that's his influence..his specialty

I like the way he talks. I like his style. How he relates to his players. I think he;s a leader on men..not just a guy on an ego trip..like most coaches

So while I think coach Chuck's overall offensive philosophy is a highway to hell..

I think he as a coach is a little slice of NFL heaven

Okay...is what I just said negative or positive?

See what I mean.

I'm for everybody saying exactly what they think at that moment.

If you change your mind...come back and say that, too

ColtFan4Life

Gramz

Andy

Holden

Bodacious Bryce

Fx Stryker

Southwest

BrentMc

Indygal

NewColtsFan

IndyD4U

Balzer

Dustin

Etc etc

Guess my lack of activity made ya forget about me man, that hurts. After all the apple juice I have sipped in your honor! I'll just find my corner and cry haha.

Man y'all killing me with this "you forgot me" stuff haha

Mods delete that list I made please lol

At least you made me #1..j/k... :D

But, seriously, when there are too many to name...just say..too many to name..saves time and some good natured ribbing..

And as for apple juice consumption..well..i think you need to Join AJA...Apple Juice Anonymous..lol

@Warhorse

I understand where you're coming from. I'd reached that point several weeks ago and I've only been here a very few short months. To me, this can feel like a hostile place when you're not a guy, and that's beyond just the normal annoying posts/rants.

For the time being, I've become friends with the 'ignore' button. You have to do what's best for your state of mind, but I hope you don't let the jerks run you off.

:ignore:

Go Colts!

No...  let stupid do as stupid does...  

Don't let stupid get you down...

congrats for actually quoting a post the correct way.

You're a prime example of what this thread is about. That comment was unnecessary. Who are you to tell someone there's a right & wrong way to quote someone?

Either way, that red box with a certain number is gonna show up when you refresh the page so what does it matter?

Go Colts!

It was hard for me to see you leave us as a moderator, but even harder for me to see you leave us altogether. :(

However, you need to do what is best for you. 

Should you ever decide to return, I will be very happy to welcome you back.   

As a fairly new member who can be abrasive at times, I apologize if I was a cause of any distress. I know many people like myself who have grown up in internet communities have a different idea of curtusey and what is acceptable debate tact. I personally try to keep it more in check around here, as its not a prototypical internet community, but Im sure my chantard upbringing shines through at times.

At any rate, I hope you find what youre looking dor elsewhere, and if not, Im sure your old friends will always welcome you back, as thats how internet communoties are. We bicker, we fight, we call each other names and spit venom in defense of our posts, but its because we respect each other and know we all share a common interest, and we really care about the thoughts of those we respond to.

Well, except for trolls. They just suck.

There are many overreactions on this forum and I can understand why. I know all Colts fans are used to winning with Peyton, but things have gone too far. I try to ignore the negative threads when I can. Like the "someone should be fired/benched" ones.

My post is just not aimed at you, but at anyone else who may share your feelings regarding negative threads.

We have a thread that is discussing "excessive negativity" and would welcome the input of any and all of you. 

http://forums.colts.com/topic/22614-excessive-negativity-on-the-site/

So far, there have been a few suggestions such as a "rant-free zone" and my suggestion of a sub-forum for rants where members would be asked to post those negative threads and moderators would move any such threads there that were posted in the Colt's main forum. 

We would love to hear from more of you with any suggestions you may have to make this site more enjoyable for everyone.