Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Division

csmopar

I see we are tied for the AFC south. I know we've got some ups and downs to come so this may be counting the chickens a tad early. What do you think about the chances to win the division now? If we play up to our potential as shown in this game.

That's the key, win the division.  To be honest, it's hard to get a read on Houston or the Titans.  

One game at a time, right?

That's the key, win the division.  To be honest, it's hard to get a read on Houston or the Titans.  

One game at a time, right?

Yep. hints the counting chickens comment i made. However, I think the division is within our grasp. But we have to beat Jacksonville first.......

You are counting chickens way too early.  This thread is probably better suited after the season's halfway point (after the 1st Hou game).  We have a divisional road game coming up next - if we continue to take care of business and protect the football, we'll be 3-1 through the season's 1st quarter.  Then the fun begins - a brutal 2nd quarter to look forward to.

I see we are tied for the AFC south. I know we've got some ups and downs to come so this may be counting the chickens a tad early. What do you think about the chances to win the division now? If we play up to our potential as shown in this game.

I highly doubt that we even played to our potential yesterday..... and that in itseslf should be scary to the afc South and nfl

We have a good chance at taking the division.  However, we don't play anyone in the division (Jax notwithstanding...and they don't withstand much watching them play)...until week 9. 

So both Titans and Texans have time to correct things before we have to play them.  We shall see.

Guest TeamLoloJones

It's in Houston, I'm going to that game this week.

I'm starting to think more and more that the Titans are legit. Good luck against Seattle. You guys get them at home so I honestly expect Houston to bounce back this week.  I hope Andre is alright, I really love the guy. One of my favorite players in the league.

I'm starting to think more and more that the Titans are legit. Good luck against Seattle. You guys get them at home so I honestly expect Houston to bounce back this week.  I hope Andre is alright, I really love the guy. One of my favorite players in the league.

I'm thinking they are as well. They played us tough, beat the Chargers and beat the Steelers at home as well....I always knew they would be the wild card so to speak this year. Looks like they played the right side of the coin. Jake Locker is starting to live up to his potential finally and that defense of theirs is scary. I hope Andre is alright as well....this is his second week hurt. I don't want the coaches to rush him, but it would be huge if he actually plays this week. We'll need him.

I like the Texans at home in that game then. 

Not without Andre Johnson. If Deandre Hopkins goes one on one with Richard Sherman, yeah..... Texans take that loss. And I don't see them stopping Seattle's offense.

Yes Seattle is suspect on the road, but I don't see them losing to Houston who'll be down about the showing they put on up in Baltimore

You are counting chickens way too early.  This thread is probably better suited after the season's halfway point (after the 1st Hou game).  We have a divisional road game coming up next - if we continue to take care of business and protect the football, we'll be 3-1 through the season's 1st quarter.  Then the fun begins - a brutal 2nd quarter to look forward to.

True, but it is never too early to take lead of the Div.

I'm not going down that road just yet. 3 games into the season is way too early for me to make calls like that. Too many things can happen to change things such as injuries, turnovers and bad ref calls. One play can turn everything upside down from game to game. I recall one play given up to the Jags last season that could have made the difference between being a wild card and a division winner in the big picture. Nothing could be more true than games are decided by inches. 

I feel like we should be leading the division by the end of Sunday, but I've learned some hard lessons about looking past Jacksonville. We seem to throw away some seemingly easy games when we face them the first time for some reason.

I honestly don't feel like the Texans will beat the Seahawks or the 49ers and I feel this way because Schaub folds against real defenses(include Baltimore, 2012 Green Bay,). I'm sure he'll be good for a couple crucial turnovers in those games. I really don't know where Tennessee will be standing at that time.

It's in Houston, I'm going to that game this week.

I would think Houston has a pretty good shot then. Because of it being in Houston, not because of you being in attendance. Although maybe you could break Wilson's confidence by yelling things at him. :thmup::lol:

I would think Houston has a pretty good shot then. Because of it being in Houston, not because of you being in attendance. Although maybe you could break Wilson's confidence by yelling things at him. :thmup::lol:

You're right Corgi. I'll have to gather up a few empty beer cans as well, though Wilson is a little short, he'll be hard to aim at unfortunately. Maybe I'll settle for harassing Dick Sherman haha

With a game vs the Patriots that we won't have to play like the Texans, I anticipate us to win the division this year.

They play the Patriots, but we had to play Miami, and lost..... so a loss to Pats only squares us with Texans...  Texans had to play Baltimore, but we get Cincinnati..... that could be a critical game.....  but one game at a time and we'll see.