Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We drafted Fleenor to be an in-line blocker? Good plan!

throwing BBZ

Fleenor seems to have trouble getting separation on his patterns. He was open a couple of times last week and either Luck did not see him or has lost confidence in him. 

Or simply didn't have time to make all of his reads.  I will admit though there were a couple of times in the Raiders game when I wondered to myself if perhaps Luck was losing confidence in Fleener.

there was times Coby was open

1:46 2nd quarter

1:26 2nd quarter

1:19 2nd quarter

6:15 4th quarter

Luck just didn't look his way, Thats got nothing to do with a lack of confidence in Coby Im sure at this point, That has everything to do with Luck locking onto his 1st read or 1 player

Luck just didn't look his way, Thats got nothing to do with a lack of confidence in Coby Im sure at this point, That has everything to do with Luck locking onto his 1st read or 1 player

Yea I know one play for a fact Fleener was open in the right flat with nobody 10yrds from him but Luck was looking downfield at the Hilton and Wayne route combo, he ended up taking a sack on that play if I remember right

Fleenor seems to have trouble getting separation on his patterns. He was open a couple of times last week and either Luck did not see him or has lost confidence in him. 

He was open a couple times on mid range patterns and Luck went to Hilton once and Reggie another time. JMO, but i think Luck has lost some confidence in Fleener..   On shorter routes Fleener really has trouble getting open. Almost pointless to even try.  Even the catch he made Sunday he had a guy all over him.

All these Fleenor threads are getting old and lame. TE is a very tough position to learn and play. There is a very short list of elite TEs in the NFL. Graham and Gronk are the top tier and then there are the rest. Dallas Clark took 4 years to have decent numbers. Gonzo took 2 years to become decent and he is considered the best ever. The average number of years for any receivers to learn and thrive in the NFL is 3 years. I thought this useless Fleenor nonsense would stop when regular season started. Right now the Colts and their fans have a lot more to worry about than Fleenor.  :sigh:

Dwayne did not practice Thursday...maybe Fleener will actually be given a chance to touch the ball.

Allen will NOT be able to go for the game.  Yes, Fleener will be looked at more often, and if looking able, Luck will find him and then it's up to Fleener to hold on to the ball and not get injured by getting cracked by two players at once (like he always does).

Allen will NOT be able to go for the game.  Yes, Fleener will be looked at more often, and if looking able, Luck will find him and then it's up to Fleener to hold on to the ball and not get injured by getting cracked by two players at once (like he always does).

I know Allen hasn't practiced and is listed day-to-day.. Has he now been ruled out??

And how many DEEP routes did he run?

The Colts did not go down field ...         at a really alarming rate.  

This JUMBO formation is not the answer when TY Hilton is on the field for 46% of the O snaps...  unacceptable.  

And JIMMY agrees...     

Look for Pep to go 3 WR's and 2 TE's (Allen playing H-back)

And then it is ON.

@ColtsAuth_Kyle: Against the Raiders, Coby Fleener lined up at H-Back, flanker, tight end, split-wide and slot. #ThePepEffect

Another one of these, the others musthave got knocked off the first page.

Sigh, but hey, Me and some buddies have a little enterprise going that might help some of you haters out!

If you want to take up a collection we can offer you a great deal to eliminate this splinter in your side.

And because the Colts are such a lousy org. (Just ask Tarkington) we'll give you a great deal.

10K...  Ensure he misses 4-5 games

25K... Season ending stint on the IR

50K... Guaranteed carrier ending complications

Easy Peazy, feel free to contact us at:

KneeBreaker@thugs.com

Hope this Helps  :giveup:

(posted with tongue firmly planted in cheek!)

Another one of these, the others musthave got knocked off the first page.

Sigh, but hey, Me and some buddies have a little enterprise going that might help some of you haters out!

If you want to take up a collection we can offer you a great deal to eliminate this splinter in your side.

And because the Colts are such a lousy org. (Just ask Tarkington) we'll give you a great deal.

10K...  Ensure he misses 4-5 games

25K... Season ending stint on the IR

50K... Guaranteed carrier ending complications

Easy Peazy, feel free to contact us at:

KneeBreaker@thugs.com

Hope this Helps  :giveup:

(posted with tongue firmly planted in cheek!)

Why is this * not banned?

How can some of you determine exactly how the offense should be executed after only 7 possessions in an entire game?

I think you should give things a bit more time to develop to have a better grasp.

It's just like all the people who came out with the boo birds when Grigs picked the first batch of free agents this year.

Half the forum was like who in heck are these dudes?  After grigs put the rest of the plan together more people came

to appreciate what he was doing to build the defense and O line.

If you understand where I'm going then do the same for Pep and his approach to personnel on the offense.

Let things play out a bit!

All these Fleenor threads are getting old and lame. TE is a very tough position to learn and play. There is a very short list of elite TEs in the NFL. Graham and Gronk are the top tier and then there are the rest. Dallas Clark took 4 years to have decent numbers. Gonzo took 2 years to become decent and he is considered the best ever. The average number of years for any receivers to learn and thrive in the NFL is 3 years. I thought this useless Fleenor nonsense would stop when regular season started. Right now the Colts and their fans have a lot more to worry about than Fleenor. :sigh:

Allen will be an elite TE the guy is a beast!!

I'm not sure how you determined the Luck was locked onto one receiver because he didn't throw to Fleener or missed him.

I'm not sure how you determined the Luck was locked onto one receiver because he didn't throw to Fleener or missed him.

Luck has a tendency at times (not all the time but sometimes) to lock onto a receiver when sometimes there are much more wide open players(also a reason for some of his sacks, But there are various reasons for those), The play that is a good example of it came at 1:48 left in the 2nd Quarter (not 1:46 like I posted above) Lucks first read from what I could see was to Wayne who was in the slot, Luck saw the Linebacker pumped once, looked at Bey who was covered  then looked back at Wayne, I dont believe he even saw Coby wide open over in the flat, he had time for 3 reads on that play before he was sacked, He read Wayne (Covered)....Bey(Covered)...Wayne(Covered)......Fleener was open

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`\.

When we drafted Fleener, I thought he was going to be our next Dallas Clark.  Basically a big body split out wide to cause mismatches.  It was a good idea to me at first but for some reason we don't use him like that.

Speaking of Dallas Clark here's some numbers: Dallas by year 1) 10 starts 29 rec. 340 yards/ 2) 13 starts 25 rec. 423 yards/ 3) 37 rec. 488 yards/ 4) 30 rec. 367 yards 5) 58 rec. 616 and 11 tds. Dallas had 2 more great years after that where he was definitely one of the best receiving TE's in football but it took him til year 5 to break out.

We have to give him a bit of break here. It takes time for players to find their way in the NFL sometimes.