Frank Reich's Staff

stitches

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, HarryTheCat said:

Shamelessly clipped from Reich's Wikipedia page:

"In 1998, Beebe founded House of Speed, LLC, a company that specializes in training athletes in the essentials of top performance, speed and character. House of Speed began franchise operations in 2006 and has locations in eleven states."

It seems that you CAN teach speed after all!

I was certain you were going to talk about teaching character and start a kickstarter campaign to raise funds to send a certain person there

2 hours ago, HarryTheCat said:

Shamelessly clipped from Reich's Wikipedia page:

"In 1998, Beebe founded House of Speed, LLC, a company that specializes in training athletes in the essentials of top performance, speed and character. House of Speed began franchise operations in 2006 and has locations in eleven states."

It seems that you CAN teach speed after all!

I was actually part of it. He runs it very well and worked us out hard. 

2 hours ago, corgi said:

Don Bebe stripping the ball from Leon Lett is still the funniest thing I've ever seen in a Super Bowl.

My goodness, that Cowboys team was incredible. Probably the greatest ever. As good as that Bills team was, they were absolutely seal clubbed by Dallas.

Congrats, Beebee. You kept it 52-17 instead of 59-17. 

Darrel Bevell may seem like the more logical pick at OC, but after having three coaches filled on the staff, Ballard and Irsay should let Reich pick out the rest of the staff. Only fair. Reich appears to be going after personal connections from the past. 

4 minutes ago, MTC said:

Darrel Bevell may seem like the more logical pick at OC, but after having three coaches filled on the staff, Ballard and Irsay should let Reich pick out the rest of the staff. Only fair. Reich appears to be going after personal connections from the past. 

That is what it looks like me to me

9 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

Is it accurate that  Beebe is not in football coaching at least for the 15 years? this doesn't make sense unless I am missing something.

Guy is running a private training center for WR's as a company.  One would imagine NFL receivers and prospects for the NFL would be among his clients.  

I don't think it will be an issue. 

Bigger issue I think is if he will be able to run that training center while still being a WR's coach for the Colts.  That business may be more lucrative for him then a Colts WR coach job is.  And if he can't do both then he may just stick with the one that nets him more money.  

34 minutes ago, stitches said:

I thinks it’s interesting that he’s coached both QBs and WRs. Sure he’s young, but like McVay, Felipo, etc...he’s probably one of the young innovative offensive guys that are springing up. The game has changed.

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

Guy is running a private training center for WR's as a company.  One would imagine NFL receivers and prospects for the NFL would be among his clients.  

I don't think it will be an issue. 

Bigger issue I think is if he will be able to run that training center while still being a WR's coach for the Colts.  That business may be more lucrative for him then a Colts WR coach job is.  And if he can't do both then he may just stick with the one that nets him more money.  

I am sure he has Lts. Who can handle things

10 minutes ago, krunk said:

Don't know but you got to have interest first.   First guy he went after was Sirianni even before Bevell.   I think Sirianni is a lock.

Yeah, I meant for QB coach. I bet Reich has his own ideas about who to surround himself with, though, which would probably eliminate Peetz. I kind of am glad to see him trying for a young up and coming OC... not because of anything else but I kind of feared he would play it safe and get some retread he knows well in his age range. Sirianni seems like a strictly Reich pick and someone who must have made a big impression on him. He got promoted from quality control coach directly to QB coach under Reich(which is a big jump) and when Reich left he was 'demoted' to WRs coach. Now he seems like he's bringing him along to give him his next promotion. He must believe in him and his football knowledge. 

7 hours ago, stitches said:

Yeah, I meant for QB coach. I bet Reich has his own ideas about who to surround himself with, though, which would probably eliminate Peetz. I kind of am glad to see him trying for a young up and coming OC... not because of anything else but I kind of feared he would play it safe and get some retread he knows well in his age range. Sirianni seems like a strictly Reich pick and someone who must have made a big impression on him. He got promoted from quality control coach directly to QB coach under Reich(which is a big jump) and when Reich left he was 'demoted' to WRs coach. Now he seems like he's bringing him along to give him his next promotion. He must believe in him and his football knowledge. 

Demoted hum is it a demotion? Reich was a QB coach and then the Wide receiver coach in INDY. Being Philip Rivers coach honestly what are you going to teach Philip Rivers at this stage of his career? SD had young WR's you actually get to coach.

13 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I really thought it would be Bevell, given the Ballard and Dodds connection. But I am more excited about Sirianni...I like his upside more.

I thought the same given what we had heard , But as soon as Frank Reich was hired I felt this was a crucial decision that he already has a history with the former WR coach & as an offensive minded HC it is important that they share a vision & philosophy & Coach Sirianni it seems is just the man for the job .

1 minute ago, J@son said:

Rod Marinelli (who Eberflus has been working under the last few years) never ran a pure Tampa 2 defense.  he ran a cover 2 with some tampa 2 thrown in situationally.  

Exactly. The pure Tampa 2 scheme is archaic and ineffective, but pulling some elements from it from time to time isn't a bad move. Eberflus has varied experience with schemes, so I think we'll see 4-3 base, but a lot of variety in fronts based on the opponents and the talent we have.