Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

pats getting exactly what they deserve for once

CR91

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my case, it's not really a dislike of the NE players; it's the way that team is hyped by the media. It's like they are the second coming, or something. I turned off the pregame ceremony last night because I didn't like the way everyone was acting. We know what happened in the Superbowl, why did they have to repeat it? The whole thing was so over-the-top annoying. I'm glad that KC stuck it to them. 

1 hour ago, Dudley Smith said:

Yes, let's all celebrate the end of the Patriots dynasty. Of course, when they win 6-7 straight beginning next week we'll all come back down to Earth.

I have never understood why so many Colts fans relish the Pats losing. I was pulling for KC because they were the underdog, but some people are actually elated to see the Pats lose and actively root against them.  I am sure someone will bring up Spygate, Deflategate, etc., but it makes our fanbase look like we have a serious inferiority complex.

I respect BB and Brady. Their HOFers, but when you win time and time again and you hardly lose and you're always there at the end, you want some kind of moral victory. Also didn't help for 9 months that all we heard of dynasty this and 19-0 that.

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I respect BB and Brady. Their HOFers, but when you win time and time again and you hardly lose and you're always there at the end, you want some kind of moral victory. Also didn't help for 9 months that all we heard of dynasty this and 19-0 that.

I agree. Whenever the media starts proclaiming someone champs or a sure-fire SB participant before the season begins it definitely is obnoxious. I feel that you always get in trouble doing that for the NFL or even college football but it doesn't stop them from doing it almost every single year. It was dumb to be talking about the Pats being undefeated this year before the year even began, not because it was likely they would lose game 1 to the Chiefs, but because it is likely that they are going to have a Sunday or two where they don't play well and will lose to a less talented team. It is just how it works in the NFL.

I think the only sport where you can definitively say who the champ will be before the season begins is probably the NBA. And it is partly why that product isn't nearly as fascinating to watch for 95% of the season.

1 hour ago, Gramz said:

One last thought..... before heading off to work.

One of the biggest pleasures of watching the Pats lose,   Pat's fans are normally scarce around here the next day :) 

Not a very fun game to watch last night for us up here...Brady looked terrible all night and the team just didn't seem to have any emotional lift and it almost felt like they gave up.

Enjoy the smile it brought you, I'm a little worried about putting that defense out there against Drew Brees next week so you may get to enjoy it a little longer!!!

1 minute ago, dynasty13 said:

Not a very fun game to watch last night for me...Brady looked terrible all night and the team just didn't seem to have any emotional lift and it almost felt like they gave up.

Enjoy the joy it brought you, I'm a little worried about putting that defense out there against Drew Brees next week so you may get to enjoy it a little longer!!!

Justin Houston had the right tackle Cannon looking like a turnstile out there.   He wasn't blocking anything.

10 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

Not a very fun game to watch last night for us up here...Brady looked terrible all night and the team just didn't seem to have any emotional lift and it almost felt like they gave up.

Enjoy the smile it brought you, I'm a little worried about putting that defense out there against Drew Brees next week so you may get to enjoy it a little longer!!!

I can imagine.  That DEF looked horrible, and of course, I had them on my fantasy team. Got me a whopping 2 pts. :sigh:  

I'm sure the Saints are looking forward to next week.

27 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

Brady just looked old last night IMO. And its not too surprising because he is. 

Of course it was just one game, but age is going to catch up at some point, and maybe this will be the year when it does. We will see. 

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

Brady just looked old last night IMO. And its not too surprising because he is. 

Of course it was just one game, but age is going to catch up at some point, and maybe this will be the year when it does. We will see. 

Agree.

The Pats were schizoid last night. I was getting upset in the first half thinking I was watching another one sided victory even though the Pats looked off. But the twin failures on fourth and one or less opened up a peek hole in what was about to happen I settled down to pay attention. It shows one glaring fact; even the best of the best is not without flaws. Watching so many painful displays of their skills and execution discipline of the many years and the never quit culture of the Pats it was like watching a total different team from all players and all coaches. No matter what, I am not going to miss the Pats next game to see what changes will be evident in how they perform at all levels. This could be a story or it could be a drop in the ocean.

37 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

Brady probably felt pretty good for being 40 at the beginning of the game.

He was probably really feeling like a 40-yr-old by the end of the game.

image.thumb.png.9056837ad2d9252c1e9e1425bdadb9eb.png

30 minutes ago, King Colt said:

The Pats were schizoid last night. I was getting upset in the first half thinking I was watching another one sided victory even though the Pats looked off. But the twin failures on fourth and one or less opened up a peek hole in what was about to happen I settled down to pay attention. It shows one glaring fact; even the best of the best is not without flaws. Watching so many painful displays of their skills and execution discipline of the many years and the never quit culture of the Pats it was like watching a total different team from all players and all coaches. No matter what, I am not going to miss the Pats next game to see what changes will be evident in how they perform at all levels. This could be a story or it could be a drop in the ocean.

i think they will be good, but they are not a great team this year.

they are not loaded with elite talent on either side of the ball.  while brady can still play, it did look like he has lost a step.  i doubt we will see many third and one, or fourth and ones from him 

they will realize the same things we did about allen and dorsett.  they are backups and nothing more 

2 hours ago, Gramz said:

I can imagine.  That DEF looked horrible, and of course, I had them on my fantasy team. Got me a whopping 2 pts. :sigh:  

I'm sure the Saints are looking forward to next week.

You're gonna wanna sit them for AT LEAST a few weeks, lol... haha

That was a good, old-fashioned butt-kickin'. No way to sugarcoat it. But at least it happened in week one. I don't think this is the Patriots team we'll see for the next three to four months, especially not on defense. 

Gotta give credit to the Chiefs, they played a really good game, especially given how the first few minutes unfolded. If New England had rolled to a blowout win I would have tried not to overreact, so I'll do the same since they lost. It's just one week and maybe, in the end, it's good to get your butt kicked every now and again. Last time they got stomped by KC it all worked out ok for them.

24 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

well the game did come at a cost for the Chiefs....Eric Berry out for the year..ruptured Achilles.

Hate to see that, especially given what Berry's gone through to get back on the field. He did a spectacular job on Gronk for most of the game. Great player, hope he recovers and gets back to his high level. 

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Anyone ever see Pats get stopped fourth and a foot before?? 4th and 2...sure...fourth and a foot with the greatest qb sneaker ever? Dumb founded.

Agree.  Brady has been the best on QB Sneak. Almost  always a sure conversion.  

I'm curious to see what happens in the next few games.

You know Bill is trying to figure out how to fix things.

15 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

Yep. Kind of funny how he was wearing #13, huh?

Looks to me like we got the better of those trades. 

We traded a TE with  bad case of the drops and fast wr that got outplayed by udfas got a legit back up QB and a decent draft pick not sure why so many got bent outta shape we hosed NE . 

6 minutes ago, B~Town said:

We traded a TE with  bad case of the drops and fast wr that got outplayed by udfas got a legit back up QB and a decent draft pick not sure why so many got bent outta shape we hosed NE . 

We also drafted Mack with that pick. Now, we haven't see a lot of him, but he looks promising. 

8 hours ago, Dudley Smith said:

I have never understood why so many Colts fans relish the Pats losing. I was pulling for KC because they were the underdog, but some people are actually elated to see the Pats lose and actively root against them.  I am sure someone will bring up Spygate, Deflategate, etc., but it makes our fanbase look like we have a serious inferiority complex.

Rooting against teams is actually nearly as much a part of being a sports fan as rooting for your team.   Lighten up.   It is fun. 

How many sports shows and stations were talking about a possible undefeated season for the Pats this year?   Most of them.   It's great to see that storyline shattered in the first game of the season while the Pats were patting themselves on the back.  

Chris Collingsworth emphasized last night that not only are their new players on NE but a lot of new players. So, what if anything does that mean? Did they over extend themselves with new players? Did they not do their homework? Did they just get too confident in their abilities? Or did they just have one bad game like everyone else and will come back and go back to the SB this year?

5 hours ago, B~Town said:

To be fair we got nothing out of the dwayne allen trade. The pick we got was used on Banner, who was cut. So we sent a 6th and DA to the Pats for a camp body essentially. Id say we got hosed on that one.

That being said I think we got the better deal on the other trade. Even if Dorsett ends up an All Pro in NE, it is clear our coaches were never going to use him correctly or get him to that level. 

12 hours ago, King Colt said:

Chris Collingsworth emphasized last night that not only are their new players on NE but a lot of new players. So, what if anything does that mean? Did they over extend themselves with new players? Did they not do their homework? Did they just get too confident in their abilities? Or did they just have one bad game like everyone else and will come back and go back to the SB this year?

Cassius Marsh, DE, acquired from Seattle was trying to cover Hunt on thatlong receiving touchdown. Gilmore also got beat badly. Pats rarely have breakdowns like that.

But Nate Solder and Brady indicated that many guys are complacent, there might be some locker room issues in NE. Solder said something about many Pats players realizing how hard it really is to win and Brady about some wrong attitude stuff or something.

14 hours ago, dgambill said:

Anyone ever see Pats get stopped fourth and a foot before?? 4th and 2...sure...fourth and a foot with the greatest qb sneaker ever? Dumb founded.

I think it happened against the Broncos a couple of years back, once or twice. But rear for sure.

10 hours ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

To be fair we got nothing out of the dwayne allen trade. The pick we got was used on Banner, who was cut. So we sent a 6th and DA to the Pats for a camp body essentially. Id say we got hosed on that one.

we got rid of allen and his contract and it only cost us a 6th

i see that as a win

he was more likely to get cut than finish his contract here.  same probably happens in NE

17 hours ago, King Colt said:

Quite possible That's why you have to enjoy the times they come back down to earth for awhile

On 9/8/2017 at 9:06 AM, Gramz said:

One last thought..... before heading off to work.

One of the biggest pleasures of watching the Pats lose,   Pat's fans are normally scarce around here the next day :) 

It's been a loooooongtime since we've been graced by the presence of AMfootball and the bradybunch. Pretty sure Manning took dragged them behind his horse when he rode off into the sunset