Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I really hope the Colts make the 2017 Season AFCCG

chad72

For once, I intend to get behind management's decision to keep Pagano and Grigson. I have been vocal about my displeasure as well about both, but for this year, 2017, I intend to give them the benefit of doubt.

I am not for once doubting anyone's fandom or telling you not to voice your displeasure, it is all part of being a fan. Just that I am going to trust them that they will learn from their mistakes and pleasantly surprise us all by winning the AFC South and at least making the 2017 Season AFCCG. I know, it is a big leap of faith as far as the results go from where we are but I have to believe in their collective wisdom for now.

Just something positive to go with instead of all these threads beating each of ourselves down. If the Colts are like family, they need us the most when they are down, not only when everything is going well. Go Colts!!!

Yup.  If I were running the show I may do something different.  I'm not and it's not my money so I will still be a fan of the team and want them to do as well as they can.

Irsay has proven he knows how to run a football franchise, I will give he and his daughter the benefit of the doubt.

4 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Yup.  If I were running the show I may do something different.  I'm not and it's not my money so I will still be a fan of the team and want them to do as well as they can.

Irsay has proven he knows how to run a football franchise, I will give he and his daughter the benefit of the doubt.

That's how I feel.  Nobody has more incentive to get this right than they do.

That's definitely a less stressfull attitude to have, so there's that.

I've vented what I needed to in the past few hours so I'm on to the offseason. My skepticism will remain but I'm eager to see how Grigson handles the offseason and Pagano handles the team going forward.

It could be that last year wasn't quite the kick in the rear they needed. They figured Luck was hurt and the team played well without him. Plus they had the comfort of a contract extension. The further they get from those extensions the more pressure they'll feel. I'm hoping that like most of our games turn out, Pagano and Grigson just really need that back against the walls right now.

Yeah. Honestly at this point it's pretty annoying that every thread is reduced to complaining. No point in wallowing in what has occurred. I'm just looking forward to the offseason moves and next season. There are reasons to be optimistic. 

59 minutes ago, chad72 said:

For once, I intend to get behind management's decision to keep Pagano and Grigson. I have been vocal about my displeasure as well about both, but for this year, 2017, I intend to give them the benefit of doubt.

I am not for once doubting anyone's fandom or telling you not to voice your displeasure, it is all part of being a fan. Just that I am going to trust them that they will learn from their mistakes and pleasantly surprise us all by winning the AFC South and at least making the 2017 Season AFCCG. I know, it is a big leap of faith as far as the results go from where we are but I have to believe in their collective wisdom for now.

Just something positive to go with instead of all these threads beating each of ourselves down. If the Colts are like family, they need us the most when they are down, not only when everything is going well. Go Colts!!!

All I am going to say is make the playoffs or bust this upcoming season

You should worry about winning the division first. One step at a time. 

With that said, they'll be lucky to go 8-8 again for a third year in a row since they're keeping Grigson and Pagano both around. Irsay just confirmed he is content with mediocrity, at least they're consistent to go back to back with mediocrity. Another round and we have a trilogy!

3 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

You should worry about winning the division first. One step at a time. 

With that said, they'll be lucky to go 8-8 again for a third year in a row since they're keeping Grigson and Pagano both around. Irsay just confirmed he is content with mediocrity, at least they're consistent to go back to back with mediocrity. Another round and we have a trilogy!

What did the saints owner say about keeping his coach and GM after back to back 7-9 seasons??

17 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

What did the saints owner say about keeping his coach and GM after back to back 7-9 seasons??

4 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Or the steelers after back to back 8-8 seasons

You mean coaches with franchise QBs don't always win?  

Horrible coaches.   Let's go back in time and fire them both.   

Sometimes a team needs adversity and issues to truly realize their own potential and skill. I am gonna give the benefit of the doubt to this team and be excited for the coming year. I have a strong feeling that with their jobs on the line they will perform well and we will go to the AFCCG. 

On a side note, I am also excited for what Grigson dials up in this draft. He has the skill to hit on some picks (especially in the later rounds), we just need him to be a little bit more consistent and think about now more than several years down the line with some of his picks on the defense. 

Go Colts! 

I'm happy the decision was made (it was actually made last year). Seems like Pagano and Grigson are taking all of the blame, even though the players have said this is on them for not executing. There has been progress in some areas. I can understand people being frustrated because we have all seen the Colts play well. There is a lot to look forward to. I'm excited for next year, there is a nucleus of talent on this team. 

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I'm with you Chad. It's time to move on and get behind our team.  I am looking forward to an exciting off season with some great FA additions and another great draft by Ryan.  I, for one,  am really looking forward to a great 2017 season.  

Great draft by ryan? Im worried he will botch it up.

4 hours ago, SilentHill said:

I'm rooting for them to go 19-0, and I'll be rooting for them to win until they are out of playoff contention.

Of course I would love a change at HC and GM, but we just have to play the cards we were dealt.

I'm hoping they go 20-0.  I hope the NFL abruptly decides the Super Bowl winner plays a charity game against The Avengers actors and we win big.   

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

They did it in their first 5 years something Chuck has not they also have more difficult divisions 

They also had nearly complete teams when they arrived,  something Chuck didn't have.  Yet they went to the playoffs 3 straight years.   

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Except for the fact the AFC south hasn't been the worst division in the league any of the five years Chuck has been here.   But keep using that tired excuse

How last year the Titans had the worst record and the Jags were top five Texans we're barely good enough to win the division 

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

How last year the Titans had the worst record and the Jags were top five Texans we're barely good enough to win the division 

The colts were missing their qb for 9 games last year.  They had a 6-3 record in his absence.   Plenty of "good" coaches had worse records while having their qb the entire season.   

"I really hope the Colts make the 2017 Season AFCCG"
No reason they shouldn't if they order their tickets now! LOL! Sorry, couldn't resist.

Truth is, one great offseason/draft can change everything. We'll know for sure soon enough.

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

Thanks for the Positive Post, there has been so much negativity around here that it is making my brain explode. After the 2nd Houston loss I was on the wanting Chuck and Grigs gone bandwagon but I have refrained from Posting this every 5 minutes like some have. If that is what people want to do fine, everyone is different. Anyway I knew they weren't going to be fired so it is just something I have accepted for months when people in here were calling for their heads back in October. Irsay is not eating 3 years of contract, also with a Good Draft and a Good Free Agent pickup I see no reason why we cant win the Division and 1 Playoff game at worse. The O.Line started getting better as well the last few games, another season together and we may have a solid unit? The Division is 50/50 - Without a legit QB the Texans are a 9 win team and are very beatable, Titans have a decent team and will be an 8 or 9 win team more than likely and aren't anything special, and the Jags stink. Texans won a lot of close games they easily could've lost and we swept the Titans. I want to see how the Draft pans out and how Free Agency goes, if it goes well within a season or 2 expectations could be back to being a SB contender.