Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I really hope the Colts make the 2017 Season AFCCG

chad72

8 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Yup.  If I were running the show I may do something different.  I'm not and it's not my money so I will still be a fan of the team and want them to do as well as they can.

Irsay has proven he knows how to run a football franchise, I will give he and his daughter the benefit of the doubt.

Youre right! It's not your money anymore....

11 hours ago, chad72 said:

For once, I intend to get behind management's decision to keep Pagano and Grigson. I have been vocal about my displeasure as well about both, but for this year, 2017, I intend to give them the benefit of doubt.

I am not for once doubting anyone's fandom or telling you not to voice your displeasure, it is all part of being a fan. Just that I am going to trust them that they will learn from their mistakes and pleasantly surprise us all by winning the AFC South and at least making the 2017 Season AFCCG. I know, it is a big leap of faith as far as the results go from where we are but I have to believe in their collective wisdom for now.

Just something positive to go with instead of all these threads beating each of ourselves down. If the Colts are like family, they need us the most when they are down, not only when everything is going well. Go Colts!!!

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddddddddd.................

I was a proponent of change, I'm a coin collector :lol: (not really). . . . . That being said, both Grigs and Pagano have a lot of work to do and I really hope they realize this.  They should right??  I expect a lot of aggressiveness in FA and the draft.  That is unless, they really both do plan on riding out their contracts until, what 2020?  Titans, Texans, Jags should only get better.

I really need something to get my confidence boosting!

12 hours ago, Synthetic said:

You should worry about winning the division first. One step at a time. 

With that said, they'll be lucky to go 8-8 again for a third year in a row since they're keeping Grigson and Pagano both around. Irsay just confirmed he is content with mediocrity, at least they're consistent to go back to back with mediocrity. Another round and we have a trilogy!

To the bolded - complete bovine excrement

I am all in!

What I don't get is that people complaining fail to acknowledge that there are 32 teams in the league...all with the same goal.  Does firing RG and CP give us a clear path to the Super Bowl?  No.  For crying out loud, both Super Bowl participants from last year missed the playoffs.  Its up and down and to expect the same results we had in the Manning years is a little much.  We were watching history.

I think Pagano is not great, but his record shows he can win.  I think Grigs has made great improvements and will continue to improve.  I was all about getting Peyton as GM, but not because we win automatically then.  It was simply because I love Peyton.

We are not the league laughing stock, as some charge.  Our 8-8 record is not even because we suck and just won division games.  We had some great wins.  What we need to do is improve our defense.  We take a RB (not round one) and concentrate our effort on D and we will be a better team.

Go Colts!

38 minutes ago, GoDeep said:

I am all in!

What I don't get is that people complaining fail to acknowledge that there are 32 teams in the league...all with the same goal.  Does firing RG and CP give us a clear path to the Super Bowl?  No.  For crying out loud, both Super Bowl participants from last year missed the playoffs.  Its up and down and to expect the same results we had in the Manning years is a little much.  We were watching history.

I think Pagano is not great, but his record shows he can win.  I think Grigs has made great improvements and will continue to improve.  I was all about getting Peyton as GM, but not because we win automatically then.  It was simply because I love Peyton.

We are not the league laughing stock, as some charge.  Our 8-8 record is not even because we suck and just won division games.  We had some great wins.  What we need to do is improve our defense.  We take a RB (not round one) and concentrate our effort on D and we will be a better team.

Go Colts!

I totally agree but I would not be afraid to take a RB Rd.1.  If that player is No. 1 on our board when we pick and it certainly is a position of need I would take him. 

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 1:46 PM, Coffeedrinker said:

Yup.  If I were running the show I may do something different.  I'm not and it's not my money so I will still be a fan of the team and want them to do as well as they can.

Irsay has proven he knows how to run a football franchise, I will give he and his daughter the benefit of the doubt.

It's not your money that helped build the team but a large part of it is the fan's money who comes to Lucas Oil Stadium to have fun and watch their team play well. Not like a bunch of dummys who can't tackle, stay healthy, block, communicate, tackle, call plays, manage the clock, not waste timeouts, not make up stupid * plays like the punt play against NE, tackle, block, not throw picks, get more than 1 100 yard game in a season, make the playoffs, not get holding penalties, stop the run, stop the pass, sack the qb, did I mention tackle? or how about blocking cuz i'd say that's kinda cool for your football team to be good at, or maybe get rid of incompetent scum who's only stealing money from the state and the people at this point (Grigson more than Pagano, IMO) I remember a time when you could get away from your everyday life and enjoy some great Colts football especially come playoff time. But that all left with Peyton Manning, and him not returning to GM our team even though a lot of people don't like it is very heartbreaking for me. I'm sorry everyone I don't even like to comment especially not long stuff like this but I'm just... my heart hurts right now.

On 1/8/2017 at 3:02 AM, Zalazar Elijahh said:

It's not your money that helped build the team but a large part of it is the fan's money who comes to Lucas Oil Stadium to have fun and watch their team play well. Not like a bunch of dummys who can't tackle, stay healthy, block, communicate, tackle, call plays, manage the clock, not waste timeouts, not make up stupid * plays like the punt play against NE, tackle, block, not throw picks, get more than 1 100 yard game in a season, make the playoffs, not get holding penalties, stop the run, stop the pass, sack the qb, did I mention tackle? or how about blocking cuz i'd say that's kinda cool for your football team to be good at, or maybe get rid of incompetent scum who's only stealing money from the state and the people at this point (Grigson more than Pagano, IMO) I remember a time when you could get away from your everyday life and enjoy some great Colts football especially come playoff time. But that all left with Peyton Manning, and him not returning to GM our team even though a lot of people don't like it is very heartbreaking for me. I'm sorry everyone I don't even like to comment especially not long stuff like this but I'm just... my heart hurts right now.

I get being heart broken about this team we all are as fans but we need to realize how spoiled we have been over the past decade or so. It's not normal for a team to make the playoffs every single year in a salary cap league there teams that have not even made it to the playoffs once in the past two decades so we as fans need to relax and appreciate what we have and hope that they continue to make this team better and SB contender again. 

On 1/9/2017 at 2:26 PM, coltsleafs said:

I get being heart broken about this team we all are as fans but we need to realize how spoiled we have been over the past decade or so. It's not normal for a team to make the playoffs every single year in a salary cap league there teams that have not even made it to the playoffs once in the past two decades so we as fans need to relax and appreciate what we have and hope that they continue to make this team better and SB contender again. 

No man I don't agree with you. We've been very blessed to have superstars like Peyton manning and Andrew luck but those are just 2 guys. Peyton went to the playoffs pretty much every year of his career but only won 1 sb with the colts and ok that's great but if you don't think he deserved more you're crazy. Our team has never been elite even with Peyton because we continuously failed to build a TEAM behind our stars. Just look at tom Brady and joe Montana those guys play on teams with great defense great coaching and stars on the offensive side of the ball. We never did that not back when we had the sherriff and definitely not these days. We've been spoiled? No man if you really look closely it's all a * joke. We're the laughing stock of the NFL if you haven't realized ...

2 hours ago, Zalazar Elijahh said:

No man I don't agree with you. We've been very blessed to have superstars like Peyton manning and Andrew luck but those are just 2 guys. Peyton went to the playoffs pretty much every year of his career but only won 1 sb with the colts and ok that's great but if you don't think he deserved more you're crazy. Our team has never been elite even with Peyton because we continuously failed to build a TEAM behind our stars. Just look at tom Brady and joe Montana those guys play on teams with great defense great coaching and stars on the offensive side of the ball. We never did that not back when we had the sherriff and definitely not these days. We've been spoiled? No man if you really look closely it's all a * joke. We're the laughing stock of the NFL if you haven't realized ...

Honestly the real laughing stock is fans like you who just come here and whine all the time.  

3 hours ago, coltsleafs said:

Honestly the real laughing stock is fans like you who just come here and whine all the time.  

yeah no you're honestly right being a fan of this team does make me a laughing stock along with you and everyone else who's rooting for this garbage * team.

3 minutes ago, Zalazar Elijahh said:

yeah no you're honestly right being a fan of this team does make me a laughing stock along with you and everyone else who's rooting for this garbage butt team.

Not sure that you're serious. :scratch:  :dunno:  about being a fan.