Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Kraft took a shot at the Colts tonight

RockThatBlue

"There's nothing more satisfying than saddling the Indianapolis Colts with a loss, something the Patriots did 16 times in Willie McGinest's career," Kraft said after the two-time Pro Bowl linebacker was inducted into the team's Hall of Fame at halftime of New England's game against Miami.

The crowd then roared after seeing video of McGinest making a tackle on a goal-line stop against the Colts to seal a win in November 2003.

http://www.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14006273/new-england-patriots-owner-robert-kraft-takes-dig-indianapolis-colts-speech-honoring-willie-mcginest

:facepalm:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"There's nothing more satisfying than saddling the Indianapolis Colts with a loss, something the Patriots did 16 times in Willie McGinest's career," Kraft said after the two-time Pro Bowl linebacker was inducted into the team's Hall of Fame at halftime of New England's game against Miami.

The crowd then roared after seeing video of McGinest making a tackle on a goal-line stop against the Colts to seal a win in November 2003.http://www.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14006273/new-england-patriots-owner-robert-kraft-takes-dig-indianapolis-colts-speech-honoring-willie-mcginest

Holograms carry no weight.

Well, when he looks in the mirror, he knows to what length they went to ( "****" ) in order to get those wins. He knows.

Let him talk. Its his right.

Was that the goal line stand the play after he FAKED the injury.

Doesn't surprise me the Pats value that. Thats right in their wheelhouse.

haha

The crowd then roared after seeing video of McGinest making a tackle on a goal-line stop against the Colts to seal a win in November 2003.

http://www.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14006273/new-england-patriots-owner-robert-kraft-takes-dig-indianapolis-colts-speech-honoring-willie-mcginest

I'd take a shot too at a team I own, I have no problem with this. :colts: don't like it? Beat them and shut them up

Always talk down on those you own, it's trash talk 101. Keep talking until them make you be silent

Again this sort of thing came up in a previous thread a few weeks ago. Not a big deal, We had a heated rivalry with them back then so of course Kraft will bring that up, He is not the first to bring up past rivalries during speeches nor will he be the last. Non story

Again this sort of thing came up in a previous thread a few weeks ago. Not a big deal, We had a heated rivalry with them back then so of course Kraft will bring that up, He is not the first to bring up past rivalries during speeches nor will he be the last. Non story

I'm embarrassed to say it really isn't a rivary.

Man those Peyton vs Brady days were great fun tho.

I have a feeling years down the road i will appreciate that time even more. Now, my feelings about the NE organization clouds my full appreciation of the Peyton years especially. I do miss that "rivalry" and 2006 allows me to die a happy man (football-wise anyway).

It does sound pretty cocky and arrogant. I dont think many other owners would be classless enough to say that. Most would give the pc "a win is a win" mantra. Especially considering its not intra-division. 

We all know that the Patriots organization is the most classless organization in all of sports, so these arrogant comments should come as no surprise. I'm being dead serious when I say it must truly make the Pats organization stay up at night knowing their success would not have been as great without the cheating. Otherwise why else would you have to make a comment about a team youve beaten over 2/3s the time in the last 15 years?

I cant wait until Brady retires and the Pats lose their dominance. I bet a lot of the Patriots posters disappear then. It speaks volumes as to why there are so many more Pats fans here than any other fans from other teams.

Not trying to be mean but his wife did pass away a few years ago.

I know that. What did i say that relwted to that?

I meant good thing we colt fans are patient, because it could be a while till we beat them (khwrma).

I eouldnt intentionally take a shot at anything remotely o that.

Did i miss something?

If you have to take a shot at another team during a Hall of Fame celebration that says a lot about you, however I at least suspected Kraft was a petty person this just confirms it for me.

Agreed. Dude just won his 4th super bowl and talks about how happy he is to beat Indy in a regular season game. Pretty petty and silly.

Was that the game where he faked this horrible injury and then was on the field a couple of plays later?

This x 1000, if you can't take a little fun poking. 

Let's face it, of the mob above if the situations were reversed how many would be calling Irsay "classless"?

Only the ones with no class, like Kraft. Have any of us heard Irsay make any negative remarks about any other owner or their team?

They cut off the sentence............." after he cheated by faking an injury to give the defense time to rest...or else we would have lost that game in November 2003"  "Good thing for us our cheating wasn't detected during the other 15 games, or we'd be thought less of than we are now"

This x 1000, if you can't take a little fun poking.

Let's face it, of the mob above if the situations were reversed how many would be calling Irsay "classless"?

Irsay showed a video of Saturday blocking a Patriot for the winning score, of course that was the AFC title game that got us to our only SB win of that era. I don't think he took any shots at the Pats, not even since they cheated against us did he say anything that hinted as a dig.

Irsay showed a video of Saturday blocking a Patriot for the winning score, of course that was the AFC title game that got us to our only SB win of that era. I don't think he took any shots at the Pats, not even since they cheated against us did he say anything that hinted as a dig.

Not quite the same comparison... if he'd commented on that play in particular and said "Nothing like beating dem Pats"... would you call him classless?

Not quite the same comparison... if he'd commented on that play in particular and said "Nothing like beating dem Pats"... would you call him classless?

I'll chime in and say it wouldn't be very classy but that's just me. Kraft said something before about the Colts just to get cheers from the fans. I think he's trying to win back his fan base after they all basically hated him for putting his head between his legs to the acceptance of deflategate's punishment of losing draft picks.