Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay ill

10 minutes ago, #12. said:

If the family is asking for privacy, it must be pretty "severe."  He must be very ill.

At his age and health, even common pneumonia could be very serious. 

prayers for Jim Irsay. 

• Like 4

I think everyone is sick right now. I'm fighting the 'vid' right now and know at least a handful of people who are sick right now with the cold/flu/vid...

Let's hope it's something like that and not something long term obviously.

• Like 1

Oddly enough Jim and his band were supposed to be here in Los Angeles this week.  Plenty of commercials touting it. 

Obviously the event will be canceled.   I’m sure Jim is getting the best care, but respiratory illnesses are way up and not to be taken lightly.   

Wishing him nothing but the best.   

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PeytsBlocker said:

Yep, Covid is still making its rounds. Had it back in December and while not as bad the stuff two years ago still no fun for us retired folks.

My grilfriend caught it in august, we did not know it for GP did not tested her. It got to her heart at caused serious  heart condition (cardiomiapthia). She spent 3 weeks in hospital, was released for  Christmas, now she is at rehab. She is only 46.

So God save Mr. Irsay if it is really COVID!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PeytsBlocker said:

Yep, Covid is still making its rounds. Had it back in December and while not as bad the stuff two years ago still no fun for us retired folks.

Could be that or RSV, or the Flu, or pneumonia, or some other virus.  All can be deadly for older folks.  I join those in hoping for a swift recovery.

14 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

My grilfriend caught it in august, we did not know it for GP did not tested her. It got to her heart at caused serious  heart condition (cardiomiapthia). She spent 3 weeks in hospital, was released for  Christmas, now she is at rehab. She is only 46.

I am glad she is OK now, hope she feels 100% soon.

Do you have free Covid tests? My wife and I always keep about 4 tests around all the time. While it is not perfect, when you have the symptoms, it typically gets it right. I even ordered 4 via the USPS website for free yesterday knowing the things going around with my daughter's friends and their families too. They are typically good for about 6 months after expiration date, they say.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I am glad she is OK now, hope she feels 100% soon.

Do you have free Covid tests? My wife and I always keep about 4 tests around all the time. While it is not perfect, when you have the symptoms, it typically gets it right. I even ordered 4 via the USPS website for free yesterday knowing the things going around with my daughter's friends and their families too. They are typically good for about 6 months after expiration date, they say.

Sure we have COVID tests. GP asked her throughly and thought it wasn't COVID. She did not had typical symptomps though, other than coughing. Later she showed majority of post-COVID symptoms.

I feel somewhat guilty, as I always suspected that it was COVID, but I thought GP knows better.

1 minute ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

Sure we have COVID tests. GP asked her throughly and thought it wasn't COVID. She did not had typical symptomps though, other than coughing. Later she showed majority of post-COVID symptoms.

I feel somewhat guilty, as I always suspected that it was COVID, but I thought GP knows better.

I am surprised they didn't cross it off the list by getting a test done. Hope she feels better soon.

3 hours ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

Sorry to hear that. I hope she recovers well. My sister has had it for nearly 3 weeks now. She is doing better but she feels weak. I got it last July but my symptoms were minimal. Lots of people are getting sick now.

Prayers for all the sick, including Mr. Irsay. Hope everyone feels better soon.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Could be that or RSV, or the Flu, or phenomena, or some other virus.  All can be deadly for older folks.  I join those in hoping for a swift recovery.

I got RSV around November 2023. I am around same age as her, and I have a very bad cough which has not left me since. I have taken steroid puffers, Nasal drops, cough syrups, even Herbal stuff like Cloves, Black pepper and Honey but I feel sometime with herbal stuff specifically Cloves it has mellowed down but after playing little sport or training in gym I started coughing badly as well. Mr Irsay is almost 20+ years than me so I wish him speedy recovery.  

11 hours ago, csmopar said:

At his age and health, even common pneumonia could be very serious. 

prayers for Jim Irsay. 

Egads, you realize he's only 64 right?  It's not like he's pushing 80. You're right about his health though. He's a very old 64. Several years of prescription drug abuse. Allegedly. I have to add that.

8 hours ago, pogden297 said:

Egads, you realize he's only 64 right?  It's not like he's pushing 80. You're right about his health though. He's a very old 64. Several years of prescription drug abuse. Allegedly. I have to

.  It’s a proven medical fact that those 55 and older are more at risk for serious complications of respiratory illnesses. 

In the end, I hope he recovers quickly 

• Like 1

I have tried several times to post my thoughts about Mr Irsay and his illness.

What keeps blocking my thoughts is what I(We) dealt with during Covid.

I can picture the faces of his family and the stress they are going through.

Then, there is Mr Irsay. I can imagine what he is going through and what kind of problems he might be having.

My belief is that he is getting the best care possible from all medical professionals but especially, from his Respiratory Therapists(RTs).

Covid 19 kicked our b***s and we also experienced  treating patients with severe pneumonia not caused by Covid 19.

Mr. Irsay has a tough battle ahead of him. My prayers are with him, family, and all Colts fans.

Go, RTs!

Respectfully,

Mighty Blue, RRT

• Like 3