Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts going to Berlin!

RNGDShobby

23 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

There are probably some Japanese teams that would like to have a word with you about the baseball side of things - I would know, I lived in Tokyo for 5 years - they are baseball bananas in Japan.

I think you missed my point.  World Series, Big 10, Big 12, are labels, titles.  They're not to be taken literally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColtsGermany said:

It's Frankfurt?! 

I'm going nuts! Have to get tickets somehow! 

Can't work anymore. Concentration is gone.... Omg! 

Maybe some of you come over here to meet. 

That's awesome for you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

I think you're making my point.  The vast majority of the fans at those games are not for one team specifically.  They are NFL fans.  

And I agree it's a different atmosphere.  To me (and I'm only speaking for myself) the games don't feel the same.   It gives me that "it doesn't really matter who wins or loses" feeling when I'm watching them.  I think I pick that up from the crowd, who for the most part feel the same way.

There is no such thing as an "NFL" fan, at least they are few and far between. The stadium is full of fans of all 32 teams, we just go to any game we can over here because its all we can get.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

There is no such thing as an "NFL" fan, at least they are few and far between. The stadium is full of fans of all 32 teams, we just go to any game we can over here because its all we can get.

If you're going to a game because you're a fan of NFL football (not you specifically, but a majority of the fans at those games.) you're an NFL fan.

My point is that the excitement level isn't the same.  The stadium isn't full of fans rooting mostly for one team.  That's impossible to dispute.

31 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I love the idea, but why not do preseason games instead of regular season? Sure the product is worse, but I feel bad for the home team losing a home game.

Probably because there is very little chance the NFL has any luck selling as many tickets or even at the price they do, to an essentially meaningless game that wouldn't even have many of the starters involved. Don't get me wrong I can see the home fans argument when their team goes to Europe to play but a preseason game isn't the answer.

30 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I love the idea, but why not do preseason games instead of regular season? Sure the product is worse, but I feel bad for the home team losing a home game.

Well, we just added another game to the schedule, so why not try to use that extra game for internationals all around the world so everyone gets to enjoy it? There are people that can't bother going to a game because of the traffic, and then there are people like me spending 2K for me and my family to travel to another country for a chance to see the Colts play.

14 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Because the last one failed miserably 

That was almost 20 years ago, and we have come a loooooong way in the last 20 years in terms of availability of coverage and people's ability to see more nfl / football in general.

The NFL has grown dramatically since then, there would definitely be more of an appetite for it these days.

7 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Which one? Lol jk

Both. But look at what our actual Germans on here are saying.  It's popular.   Probably about like soccer here which is increasing in popularity.  Lots of bid soccer fans in the US.  We go to the Nashville SC park a lot.  35 to 40 grand for every match and very loud and plenty knowledgable.  

The world has evolved since this think called the Internets was invented. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nickster said:

I'd try to help you out buddy if it's possible.  If you get some info PM me and I'll see if I can help.

I CALL ON ALL STATESIDE FANS HERE TO ENTER THE LOTTERY OR WHATEVER WILL HAPPEN AND TRY TO HOOK OUR EUROPEAN FRIENDS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thx so much! I appreciate your call. 

It's so tough to get tickets for the game and seeing the colts play in Germany (especially in the city I lived for a few years) would just be incredible! 

I'm thankful in advance for all help I can get. 

And for real, even if it doesn't work I will be in Frankfurt at that day (or 2 days) anyway and if some of you are here to watch the game, it would be a pleasure to meet you and show you the city. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ColtsGermany said:

Thx so much! I appreciate your call. 

It's so tough to get tickets for the game and seeing the colts play in Germany (especially in the city I lived for a few years) would just be incredible! 

I'm thankful in advance for all help I can get. 

And for real, even if it doesn't work I will be in Frankfurt at that day (or 2 days) anyway and if some of you are here to watch the game, it would be a pleasure to meet you and show you the city. 

I won't be coming to Germany, but let me know when they open up and I'll try to get on there and grab some.  

So you are saying they sell to Americans over here and then the Germans over there I guess? Separately?  If you can find out the time when they go on sale over here let me know.

3 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I won't be coming to Germany, but let me know when they open up and I'll try to get on there and grab some.  

So you are saying they sell to Americans over and then the Germans over there I guess?   If you can find out the time when they go on sale over here let me know.

Ok. Think the tickets go on sale in June or July here. In the states Idk. I try to get some information. 

Just looked it up. It's a lottery here in Germany. 

10 minutes ago, ColtsGermany said:

Ok. Think the tickets go on sale in June or July here. In the states Idk. I try to get some information. 

Just looked it up. It's a lottery here in Germany. 

Don’t be afraid to actually call the Colts.   I’m sure you can find a phone number on-line.    Whoever answers might not know right away, but she should be able to find out for you pretty quickly.   

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RNGDShobby said:

Colts v Pats Week 10.

Announced via Colts social media.

Game to be played in Germany!

Hope it's a Pats home game.

https://www.facebook.com/133691530109/posts/pfbid0Q6W2pQGNE14G8yEkrrf6jwCdT4gxpWVV4tEQnEtvDQPvDeA*jKoKKzf6s9xqAEl/?sfnsn=mo&mibextid=VhDh1V

Confirmed it is a Pats home game

They were considering sending them to Ukraine for the game but since the NFL is all about player safety, they decided to hold off for a year.

9 hours ago, ColtsGermany said:

It's Frankfurt?! 

I'm going nuts! Have to get tickets somehow! 

Can't work anymore. Concentration is gone.... Omg! 

Maybe some of you come over here to meet. 

I'm thinking about it. Not just because of the game, but its as good of an excuse to take a trip with my son as any other.

9 hours ago, krunk said:

I'm cool with it but I think it should be a different opponent. You gotta do Colts vs Pats here in the states. Not going to have the same emotional intensity from the fans about the rivalry in Germany!

The Colts/Pats fan will get just as fired up. They will treat it like an away game for each fan base.  

5 hours ago, Nickster said:

Both. But look at what our actual Germans on here are saying.  It's popular.   Probably about like soccer here which is increasing in popularity.  Lots of bid soccer fans in the US.  We go to the Nashville SC park a lot.  35 to 40 grand for every match and very loud and plenty knowledgable.  

The world has evolved since this think called the Internets was invented. 

I think it's coming, maybe in the next 5 or 10 years.  Probably a couple NFL teams in the cities they're grooming now.

It makes sense to grow globally and the games would be better if the fans are all rooting for a home team.  

I'm torn on it, but I do think it will happen.

10 hours ago, krunk said:

I'm cool with it but I think it should be a different opponent. You gotta do Colts vs Pats here in the states. Not going to have the same emotional intensity from the fans about the rivalry in Germany!

There is no rivalry between those two teams now anymore than there is a rivalry between the Bears and Packers. Packers win, Bears lose, there is your rivalry. Time travel is a nonentity.

17 minutes ago, King Colt said:

There is no rivalry between those two teams now anymore than there is a rivalry between the Bears and Packers. Packers win, Bears lose, there is your rivalry. Time travel is a nonentity.

Yeah I don't agree. Anybody who watched Colts vs Pats when Wentz was here would tell u that's not true. Was clearly a rivalry. It's not dead. I'd much rather have that game played here than over seas.

34 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I think it's coming, maybe in the next 5 or 10 years.  Probably a couple NFL teams in the cities they're grooming now.

It makes sense to grow globally and the games would be better if the fans are all rooting for a home team.  

I'm torn on it, but I do think it will happen.

I say the more the merrier plus you get to watch a game in thw morning and I'm a big morning person.

It would be cool to see international talent too.  I liked following the Japanwse and Koream MLB players when they started emerging and the euros in BBall.  They brought a new and different style that was interesting to me.  There are more people world wide that have the physical tools to play football than there are in the US and it would be an interesting infusion. Of talent.  Thw dude didnt work out but the colts tried an Australian rugby star a few years ago.

Bigger talent pool equals better game IMO.

15 minutes ago, krunk said:

Yeah I don't agree. Anybody who watched Colts vs Pats when Wentz was here would tell u that's not true. Was clearly a rivalry. It's not dead. I'd much rather have that game played here than over seas.

Exactly. They took the most important regular season game of the year and gave it to Germany?! Wth. If the league wants to play overseas. Create a European league like the NBA did and leave our teams home

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, King Colt said:

That's just incorrect.   Ask any Packer or bears fan if there is a rivalry.   Ask Michigan and Ohio State fans.    Michigan finally got over the hump recently, but Ohio State won like 9 in a row

9 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I think you're making my point.  The vast majority of the fans at those games are not for one team specifically.  They are NFL fans.  

And I agree it's a different atmosphere.  To me (and I'm only speaking for myself) the games don't feel the same.   It gives me that "it doesn't really matter who wins or loses" feeling when I'm watching them.  I think I pick that up from the crowd, who for the most part feel the same way.

I’d say the neutrals mostly pick a team to cheer on. Or should I say, a team to root against! A different kind of atmosphere doesn’t mean it’s not as good as a normal US game. Maybe more fun. And we watch sport for fun. Mostly…….

• Like 1