Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts going to Berlin!

RNGDShobby

I know I hate international games because it's hard on the team with all the hours of travel it takes. The timing of game in our time is hard on players I wish the NFL would stop doing this. Will never be as popular over there as soccer is so let it go. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

I know I hate international games because it's hard on the team with all the hours of travel it takes. The timing of game in our time is hard on players I wish the NFL would stop doing this. Will never be as popular over there as soccer is so let it go. 

I don’t like how those games are done on TV.  They just don’t have the same feel.  I do like that they’re early though.  

I love McAfee’s story on how he had a bunch of gummies because he thought they were flying back on a private plane.  When he found out they were going commercial he ingested them all before the flight.  

He may still be high.  

13 minutes ago, ColtsGermany said:

It's Frankfurt?! 

I'm going nuts! Have to get tickets somehow! 

Can't work anymore. Concentration is gone.... Omg! 

Maybe some of you come over here to meet. 

This is super exciting!!! I'm gonna try to make the trip too if this game gets confirmed(edit: seems like it's confirmed!!!). No idea how I will get tickets :) 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ColtsGermany said:

C'mon.... Football has a really big and still growing fan base over here. There were millions of fans trying to get tickets for the Munich game last year. 

It’s like we’re watching an exhibition game.  The crowds aren’t real fans of either team, they’re there because it’s the NFL.  As a group, they have no skin in the game.  

It just feels different.  Now if the city, Berlin, London, Mexico City, etc., had its own team it would be different.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Yea it’s a thing for the players. But if the game is going to keep growing they have to go internationally to pull fans in from all over. Maybe in the future it might be an international team / league. We might get a team or division added from Europe or something. Since teams go there anyway never know 

I'm cool with it but I think it should be a different opponent. You gotta do Colts vs Pats here in the states. Not going to have the same emotional intensity from the fans about the rivalry in Germany!

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

People should probably stop refering to the winners of the Superbowl as World Champions then......

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'm cool with it but I think it should be a different opponent. You gotta do Colts vs Pats here in the states. Not going to have the same emotional intensity from the fans about the rivalry in Germany!

They're doing this game in Germany, because there's a big pats fan base here. Colts almost none. So I gotta scream for 100 haha

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Robin said:

I know alot of you guys hate it. But you guys have at least 8 games a year. I seen Colts twice im my life. In London and In LA on holiday. Yet I watched every game for the last 15 years. I pay 400$ to watch them play. Every time they have a primetime game (2:30 am here in Denmark) I have to take the next day off work. It will cost me thousands and thousands of dollars to get to Indianapolis to watch a game. Oh and like a 10-hour flight. I know you guys would like to be there and cheers for them. But let us have a chance just once in a while Ill promise I cheer harder than any of you have ever heard..

:headspin:

I'm shaking :rock:

Competing with me :rock:

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DoubleE Colt said:

People should probably stop refering to the winners of the Superbowl as World Champions then......

They are the world champions.  Any other teams in the world going to beat them?  

Same as the MLB World Series.  Or the Big 10.  

I like watching International games.  I noticed that the location is in Frankfurt instead of Munich. Perhaps expanding throughout the country. 

Also, no Mexico game. it could be that traveling there has gotten too dangerous lately. 

7 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

In the same way that the Irish should call the Gaelic football league winners world champions!

36 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

It’s like we’re watching an exhibition game.  The crowds aren’t real fans of either team, they’re there because it’s the NFL.  As a group, they have no skin in the game.  

It just feels different.  Now if the city, Berlin, London, Mexico City, etc., had its own team it would be different.  

A very misguided view my friend. Perhaps if you attended a game over here in Europe, you might change your mind. Yes, there are fans of all 32 teams attending, but the atmosphere is cool, although perhaps different from the games in the US. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Hypothetically, yes they are. In real terms, champions of the USA. But it’s all a bit petty, who really cares. But I can assure you, that when we won the lot in 06/07, I never once punched the air and proclaimed that we were ‘champions of the world’!!! Did you?

That's sick! I'd love the NFL to go international in general. There's a whole bunch of logistical blockers from that happening with permanent teams, but I'm happy they are increasing the amount of games at least. If that trend continues, I think pairing it up with another bye week will help a lot of the complaints players reasonably might have with it.

If they somehow introduce teams in Mexico and Canada (I know the CFL exists, but c'mon) then perhaps there is a future where we have a European division.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColtsGermany said:

It's Frankfurt?! 

I'm going nuts! Have to get tickets somehow! 

Can't work anymore. Concentration is gone.... Omg! 

Maybe some of you come over here to meet. 

I live in England and I am seriously seriously considering going to this game. The last game i went to was Colts vs Jags in Wembley and we lost. Gotta get that sour taste out of my mouth. Plus visiting Germany is always awesome!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

There are probably some Japanese teams that would like to have a word with you about the baseball side of things - I would know, I lived in Tokyo for 5 years - they are baseball bananas in Japan.

12 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

There are probably some Japanese teams that would like to have a word with you about the baseball side of things - I would know, I lived in Tokyo for 5 years - they are baseball bananas in Japan.

And Big 10?  Sorry, but Big 10 teams lose all the time.

1 hour ago, superrep1967 said:

Dude football is very popular in Germany.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anybody here. If there are tickets sold in USA and you are planning to make the trip, would it be ok to get tickets for me, too? 

I think it's way harder to get some here in Germany as there are over a million people trying to get some, but only 40k tickets are sold over here. 

• Like 1

You guys are awesome.  I have only seen one regular season game for the Colts because I happened to be back in Indy in September and got to go to a Curtis Painter game.  I just won't spend the money.  Way too expense to travel, get tickets, etc.  

Now that all of my family has left the Indy area I probably won't be there for a game ever. 

19 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

The top Japanese players play here.  Many if not most of the best players are not American anymore though. 

4 minutes ago, ColtsGermany said:

Anybody here. If there are tickets sold in USA and you are planning to make the trip, would it be ok to get tickets for me, too? 

I think it's way harder to get some here in Germany as there are over a million people trying to get some, but only 40k tickets are sold over here. 

Same if anyone can get me ticket for this one, would be appreciated :D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ColtsGermany said:

I'd try to help you out buddy if it's possible.  If you get some info PM me and I'll see if I can help.

I CALL ON ALL STATESIDE FANS HERE TO ENTER THE LOTTERY OR WHATEVER WILL HAPPEN AND TRY TO HOOK OUR EUROPEAN FRIENDS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

A very misguided view my friend. Perhaps if you attended a game over here in Europe, you might change your mind. Yes, there are fans of all 32 teams attending, but the atmosphere is cool, although perhaps different from the games in the US. 

I think you're making my point.  The vast majority of the fans at those games are not for one team specifically.  They are NFL fans.  

And I agree it's a different atmosphere.  To me (and I'm only speaking for myself) the games don't feel the same.   It gives me that "it doesn't really matter who wins or loses" feeling when I'm watching them.  I think I pick that up from the crowd, who for the most part feel the same way.