Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022: Steelers at Colts Post Game Thoughts

EastStreet

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-Ryan looks washed, but the offense as a whole is a dumpster fire. Ballard has failed to find Lucks replacement, failed to find Castanzos replacement. Has paid this Oline the most money in the league for bottom 5 results, Nelsons mega contract doesn't even kick in till next year. We need a new GM and hard reset.

-Fraziers play calling is not inspiring.

-The ST's kick return is the only reason this game was close.

-Defense didn't play up to their normal standard this year, but honestly cant expect them to keep us in every game when the O is so terrible. They have to be getting frustrated. 

Overall - anyone that didn't expect an ugly game... not sure what to tell you... See Indy/Pitt history.... 

Good

• Started the 4Q with the lead... 3rd straight time this season... never before Jeff...
  • Woods, Mo, and Pitt
  • 2H (late 1H) adjustments. The O started moving the ball
  • Speed. Played well. And got screwed with the flag... 

Mixed bag

• JT - decent running, but the fumble killed us in the RZ.
  • OL - bad 1H, but settled down a bit in the 2H
  • Yannick - 2 sacks, but horrible run D... we exactly know he is... But great sacks.

Bad

• Run D was bad..... even without Najee, RB2 and RB3 were 5.0 or better... 
  • DL rush was super sucky outside of Yannick... Need Paye back.. surprised Ifeadi was inactive. 

12 minutes ago, Knuckles79 said:

Matt Ryan can make the throws if given time

He can make throws like for 3 really good drives a game, I will give you that and if we get a TD all those drives, fantastic. The rest of the game, slow releases and bad arm strength does him in. Just how it is.

Maybe Matt Ryan needs the Red Sea parted with an OL so good that he can make throws all game. That is not how life works in the NFL though. 

2 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

-Ryan looks washed, but the offense as a whole is a dumpster fire. Ballard has failed to find Lucks replacement, failed to find Castanzos replacement. Has paid this Oline the most money in the league for bottom 5 results, Nelsons mega contract doesn't even kick in till next year. We need a new GM and hard reset.

-Fraziers play calling is not inspiring.

-The ST's kick return is the only reason this game was close.

-Defense didn't play up to their normal standard this year, but honestly cant expect them to keep us in every game when the O is so terrible. They have to be getting frustrated. 

U have  to ask yourself this question about the D. Do they just give up or is it who they are? Like I said in an earlier post. A gm said they  are over rated. Teams come in knowing they don't have to take chances on offence because there Colts O is that bad. Then when they need a late score,  they Aamp it up and score on the D to put the game away.

Just now, Nickster said:

Pickett might be good.  He was a little inaccurate but seemed to throw the ball to the right guy almost every time.  Moves pretty well too.  

Meh this team has a habit of making average, below average QBs look good. Still has a lot of limitations as a QB.

Good:

- Jelani Woods got used. Despite a few flubs, he did pretty damn well. Happy to see that and I hope he continues to get this sort of usage

- I think we are in line for a top 10 pick now?

Bad:

- Probably the worst game for the defense since the first Jags game. They were due for a bad one and no Kwity Paye hurts for sure. I think Franklin got exposed today as he consistently flubbed in the run game.

- I think that as a whole unit, this team is horrible in the pass game. That includes MR, the OL protecting him, the Receivers, the coaches, Reich and Ballard. They are all terrible. The pass game hasn't worked well since Rivers, and there's a strong chance he called his own plays. Luck could make most pass attacks work.

- JT/MR #ed us over again with a horribly timed turnover.

- Saturday isn't fixing this clown shoe, but I don't think it's because of effort. The guys seemed pumped coming out in the half, but it wasn't enough.

- Pierce isn't playing pretty poorly. Seems like if he gets the ball thrown his way, it's mostly from one kind of route. Other teams recognize that. That hurts a team whose pass game isn't good to begin with. Many good rookie WRs hit walls though, so hopefully Wayne can help him out there.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah our choices were Sam, Nick Foles, or Mitch Trubisky wg=ho was out there and can't even start behind a rookie. Good luck with that. Now we get a high draft pick at least.

I thought Jimmy G would have been a a better choice than Trubisky.

1 minute ago, JediXMan said:

Meh this team has a habit of making average, below average QBs look good. Still has a lot of limitations as a QB.

I agree in general (our D allows too much vs rook and/or bad QBs)... But Pickett has some talent. And looked good vs Bengals last week. And Cinci's D is pretty decent. 

3 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Pickett might be good.  He was a little inaccurate but seemed to throw the ball to the right guy almost every time.  Moves pretty well too.  

Nah, our D just stunk tonight. I see him as a backup, little arm strength and not fast either. He won tonight so a lot in here will say he is great. Pitt is freakin 4-7 and Pickett is not that good. Sam lovers are out in full force too, Sam is without a doubt a lifetime backup. Maybe we will get lucky and draft a QB that is duel and is good.

Archived