Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022: Steelers at Colts Post Game Thoughts

EastStreet

20 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

U have  to ask yourself this question about the D. Do they just give up or is it who they are? Like I said in an earlier post. A gm said they  are over rated. Teams come in knowing they don't have to take chances on offence because there Colts O is that bad. Then when they need a late score,  they Aamp it up and score on the D to put the game away.

The defense has not gotten a critical stop in about 3 years, IIRC.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

you have some weird hate for sam he is a young player who should get the chance to play the rest of the year .  playoffs are done anyway .  the only reason i wanted sam was the hope he could improve and show some things . i am so sick of these washed up band aid QBs that i just want some kind of hope to cling to .    you have to admit with matt ryan its over he is not coming back he is below .500 as a starter this year he is only getting older and will keep declining . at least with a young player there is a chance to improve that is all i wanted the chance .   i realized the team had no chance earlier than you so i wanted the hope of something to make the season exciting

I have no hate at all toward Sam, he just isn't good, he is a backup. Jacoby is miles better than him and I consider Jacoby just really a great backup that can win a few games as a starter. I agree without sarcasm that Matt Ryan is done but we need to draft someone because Sam won't cut it either. 

3 minutes ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl

What are you talking about. We are currently 14th

I think he is referring to projection. We were 14th prior to the loss tonight. 

Several of the teams play each other throughout the rest of the year. Some of these 4 win teams will inevitably be at 6+ wins due to facing each other.

I think if we lose out, we can get a top 2-4 pick. With one loss, 4-8.

5 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

you have some weird hate for sam he is a young player who should get the chance to play the rest of the year .  playoffs are done anyway .  the only reason i wanted sam was the hope he could improve and show some things . i am so sick of these washed up band aid QBs that i just want some kind of hope to cling to .    you have to admit with matt ryan its over he is not coming back he is below .500 as a starter this year he is only getting older and will keep declining . at least with a young player there is a chance to improve that is all i wanted the chance .   i realized the team had no chance earlier than you so i wanted the hope of something to make the season exciting

Sam got thrown to the wolves against NE on the road and with no JT.  He should get another chance before the season is over.

21 minutes ago, SurfinKal said:

Aikman did everything he could not to say that Matt Ryan isn’t a starting QB. He talked around it and pointed out things that are on MR to do. I appreciated his insight and believe they should sit MR for the remainder of the season. 

I'm not saying Aikman (and you) is wrong, but to be fair... Aikman is sitting in the booth and not on the field where he is being pressured on 44% of the the pass plays.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have no hate at all toward Sam, he just isn't good, he is a backup. Jacoby is miles better than him and I consider Jacoby just really a great backup that can win a few games as a starter. I agree without sarcasm that Matt Ryan is done but we need to draft someone because Sam won't cut it either. 

whats the risk of playing him then ?  the locker room is already lost we are out of the playoffs why risk matt taking a big hit then being stuck paying him 35 million next year .  we need to save the 18 million and sit him down he is getting slaughtered by the line anyway

Just now, Colts1324 said:

I think he is referring to projection. We were 14th prior to the loss tonight. 

Several of the teams play each other throughout the rest of the year. Some of these 4 win teams will inevitably be at 6+ wins due to facing each other.

I think if we lose out, we can get a top 2-4 pick. With one loss, 4-8.

Been looking at everyones schedule and I think if we lose the remainder except for the Texans game, we should be picking around the 5 mark

Just now, coming on strong said:

whats the risk of playing him then ?  the locker room is already lost we are out of the playoffs why risk matt taking a big hit then being stuck paying him 35 million next year .  we need to save the 18 million and sit him down he is getting slaughtered by the line anyway

Might as well play him now because the season is over, so I agree.

Another thing I don't understand is why do our receivers come off the line play after play for 5 yards and STAND there? They do not run routes aggressively. When we do run down field we get some good completions(or drops, or pass interferences that aren't called). Even on that last play Campbell was standing there and as Ryan rolled left he then broke down field, good throw, but you aren't going to catch the ball very often with a defensive back slamming into you with his back turned to the ball.

This team is so bad.

First of all stop feeling bad for the defense.  They are really good until the game is on the line and then they let the other team March right down the field for a game winning drive without making a play.

Parks is in way over his head as a play caller and it’s starting to show up more and more.  Aikman was right the only thing you could do well most of the night was run Taylor and they kept trying to be a pass first team.  The Colts have gotten away from what they are.  Run with Taylor until the other team shows they can stop it.  Also enough with this short of the line or gain on third down plays.  The Colts hardly ever get YAC because they can barely get open so calling plays that depend on that needs to stop.  

This defense can’t get constant pressure or force a turnover to save its life.  They let QBs have way too high of completion % and now they are becoming sloppy tacklers.  I can understand them getting blown off the ball in the run game tonight given the fact Buckner and Stewart are both playing hurt and they really miss Kwity and yes Leonard.  Those that don’t like Leonard watch how many times Franklin didn’t fill his gap tonight and like it or not Leonard was a turnover machine and this team can’t buy one without him.  

The line actually played fairly well given how they have played this season but that’s still grading on curve and they still give up way too much heat on pass plays.

Ryan isn’t confident in what he’s seeing or in these receivers and it shows.  At the end he finally started airing it out and what do you know they started moving the ball with chunk plays.  Yet he won’t pull the trigger on those throws until he has too.  He settles way too much for tight windows underneath and our guys are not good enough at running patterns to get open on those.  I think they are coached that way because Sam would do the samething when he was in there.  

the Colts drafted the wrong WR.  

Fumbling simple handoffs on the goalline just can’t happen.  Taylor is an amazing player but he loses focus at times and I think that’s why he has turnover problem.  

I don’t know what in the world they were doing with clock management there at the end but that person needs to be fired.  

All and all this a bad football team looks like it needs to be blown up and start over with major overhaul.  They don’t have enough play makers on either side of the ball and the ones they do have they don’t use enough.  It wasn’t just the QB (Wentz or Ryan) and it wasn’t just Reich.  This is a bad team.  

Just now, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

Been looking at everyones schedule and I think if we lose the remainder except for the Texans game, we should be picking around the 5 mark

the tie is gonna hurt without it we could of gotten top 3 .   need the bears and broncos to win two games .  a lot of those teams in front of us have a chance to win games steelers should get hot saints are always dangerous packers will def win more games

5 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

we have no Dline Depth, that's why we are losing in the 4Q

Issue is more injury to starters, and holes from starters... IMO. At least right now. Paye being out, hurts us (both rush and run D)... Yannick is decent in rushing, but sucks vs the run. We'd look with different with Paye. And Yannick plays too much. I wouldn't play him on 1st down, or short yardage situations, at all. 

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

This team is so bad.

First of all stop feeling bad for the defense.  They are really good until the game is on the line and then they let the other team March right down the field for a game winning drive without making a play.

Parks is in way over his head as a play caller and it’s starting to show up more and more.  Aikman was right the only thing you could do well most of the night was run Taylor and they kept trying to be a pass first team.  The Colts have gotten away from what they are.  Run with Taylor until the other team shows they can stop it.  Also enough with this short of the line or gain on third down plays.  The Colts hardly ever get YAC because they can barely get open so calling plays that depend on that needs to stop.  

This defense can’t get constant pressure or force a turnover to save its life.  They let QBs have way too high of completion % and now they are becoming sloppy tacklers.  I can understand them getting blown off the ball in the run game tonight given the fact Buckner and Stewart are both playing hurt and they really miss Kwity and yes Leonard.  Those that don’t like Leonard watch how many times Franklin didn’t fill his gap tonight and like it or not Leonard was a turnover machine and this team can’t buy one without him.  

The line actually played fairly well given how they have played this season but that’s still grading on curve and they still give up way too much heat on pass plays.

Ryan isn’t confident in what he’s seeing or in these receivers and it shows.  At the end he finally started airing it out and what do you know they started moving the ball with chunk plays.  Yet he won’t pull the trigger on those throws until he has too.  He settles way too much for tight windows underneath and our guys are not good enough at running patterns to get open on those.  I think they are coached that way because Sam would do the samething when he was in there.  

the Colts drafted the wrong WR.  

Fumbling simple handoffs on the goalline just can’t happen.  Taylor is an amazing player but he loses focus at times and I think that’s why he has turnover problem.  

I don’t know what in the world they were doing with clock management there at the end but that person needs to be fired.  

All and all this a bad football team looks like it needs to be blown up and start over with major overhaul.  They don’t have enough play makers on either side of the ball and the ones they do have they don’t use enough.  It wasn’t just the QB (Wentz or Ryan) and it wasn’t just Reich.  This is a bad team.  

On every play Matt has happy feet because he knows our O.line stinks at this point. Matt gives the lead then our overrated Defense gives up 90 yard drives and 3rd a longs to lose the game. It is tiring. 

Chances are we are going to be really bad next year too as it might be a evaluation year for a new GM.  I am not convinced we will take a QB even if we are drafting high with a new GM.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

On every play Matt has happy feet because he knows our O.line stinks at this point. Matt gives the lead then our overrated Defense gives up 90 yard drives and 3rd a longs to lose the game. It is tiring. 

Stop making excuses for bad QB play. His velocity is so bad his passes are late.

23 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

Squeelers just looked at the Colts/Eagles game and did exactly what they wanted! Kenny Moore was usual trash, and Okereke thought the game was 2-hand touch! Refs were one-sided but not blaming them for the loss, and I think Parks is in way over his head!

Agree D was weak vs the run, and bad at times. Too much soft zone.

Parks can do only much with OL/QB combo. At least we were in the game in the 4Q the last 3 weeks. 

Kept fighting all 3 games, and were close. Can't say the same about the previous games... 

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

The defense has not gotten a critical stop in about 3 years, IIRC.

I think people on this forum acknowledging the obvious. They fold in thr fourth quarter every year for the last 5 years.  I can honestly say it is both a scheme and talent issue. Now people are pointing to play calling as thr problem with the O. People said this Oline would get better as they would go more power than zone. Strausser still has a job and they keep getting blown off the ball. So u want out Oline to play more of a power scheme when they are getting man handled in a zone scheme? I think people just got to admit that this is just not a good football team. Frank was not the problem. This team is not getting better under Saturday and I could see then losing every game. Honestly, I hope they run the table. Get a top 5 pick. Get that elite corner, LT, DE or qb. The only demand I have is that Ballard is no where near the table when we make the pick. He will be lucky to get a job as a area scout job when this season is over. Laugh all u want but Grigson will have left the Colts in better shape than Ballard when it is all said and done.

14 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

They were gassed.

They weren’t gassed.  They had halftime and the Colts offense had been on the field the whole third quarter.  They did what they always do.  Game on the line you need a stop and you are in good shape to win and you let the other team March right down the field to win the game.  Happened in the second Jags game (although Ryan bailed them out), happened in the Washington game, happened in the Eagles game and happened tonight.  Let’s stop making excuses for them.  The defense plays well until the game is on the line and then they crumble.  

3 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Well then tank against the Texans please haha

Even then they may not have too remember they were lucky to get a tie the first time.

4 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Fair weather fans are funny and oh so predictable…..

you are misusing the term fair weather fans .....  a fair weather fan is a fan who only watches the team when they are good .  a good example is in baseball with the yankees i know some many people who dont watch a single regular season game and only watch the playoffs when they make it .  that is a fair weather fan not people who watch every single game even when the team is losing and post every day on the colts message board .    your confusing fans who want whats best for the franchise with fair weather .  in 2011 were you voting for the colts to win that last game  to lose out on luck ?   i doubt any one was because i was here then and almost every one wanted to tank . 

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Chances are we are going to be really bad next year too as it might be a evaluation year for a new GM.  I am not convinced we will take a QB even if we are drafting high with a new GM.

Stop making excuses for bad QB play. His velocity is so bad his passes are late.

If I was QB and gave my team the lead in the 4th Qtr of games, I would expect my defense to hold it unless I turn it over which Matt did not do last week or tonight in the 4th. Taylor's fumble was a killer, why don't you talk about that for a minute or was that Matt's fault too?? 

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Tonight it looked more like a wideout receiver not getting open problem, and a QB problem.  

Looks like it’s a QB problem because there is no zip so passes are not getting there on time. Receivers are covered by the time they get the ball.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I was QB and gave my team tehe lead in the 4th Qtr of games, I would expect my defense to hold it unless I turn it over which Matt did not do last week or tonight in the 4th. Taylor's fumble was a killer, why don't you talk about that for a minute or was that Matt's fault too?? 

Defense has given up and I don’t blame them.

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I think people on this forum acknowledging the obvious. They fold in thr fourth quarter every year for the last 5 years.  I can honestly say it is both a scheme and talent issue. Now people are pointing to play calling as thr problem with the O. People said this Oline would get better as they would go more power than zone. Strausser still has a job and they keep getting blown off the ball. So u want out Oline to play more of a power scheme when they are getting man handled in a zone scheme? I think people just got to admit that this is just not a good football team. Frank was not the problem. This team is not getting better under Saturday and I could see then losing every game. Honestly, I hope they run the table. Get a top 5 pick. Get that elite corner, LT, DE or qb. The only demand I have is that Ballard is no where near the table when we make the pick. He will be lucky to get a job as a area scout job when this season is over. Laugh all u want but Grigson will have left the Colts in better shape than Ballard when it is all said and done.

They folded in the last 2 minutes of the 2Q too, at the playoff game in BUF, from about their own 6 yard line after Frank went for it on 4th down with much criticism.

The offensive scheme is exacerbated by a QB that cannot throw deep very well and receivers that seem uninspired.

Archived