Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022: Steelers at Colts Post Game Thoughts

EastStreet

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

you are misusing the term fair weather fans .....  a fair weather fan is a fan who only watches the team when they are good .  a good example is in baseball with the yankees i know some many people who dont watch a single regular season game and only watch the playoffs when they make it .  that is a fair weather fan not people who watch every single game even when the team is losing and post every day on the colts message board .    your confusing fans who want whats best for the franchise with fair weather .  in 2011 were you voting for the colts to win that last game  to lose out on luck ?   i doubt any one was because i was here then and almost every one wanted to tank . 

I reported that post. He's trying to bait people into an argument after we are probably eliminated from the playoffs and people are rightfully unhappy.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t. I would too with this inept offense. Season has been over for awhile. Eventually this was going to happen.

You say I make excuses for Matt Ryan but you are doing the same thing with the defense when we have leads and they give up 90 yard drives, 3rd an longs, a 4th and 2 last week that would have sealed the game vs Philly.

Colts are the only team I have ever seen when it is 3rd and 10 I think the opponent will get a first down lmao 

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

On every play Matt has happy feet because he knows our O.line stinks at this point. Matt gives the lead then our overrated Defense gives up 90 yard drives and 3rd a longs to lose the game. It is tiring. 

It’s not just Matt but he’s not making the throws he should either.  That first half was every bit as ugly as the New England game.  Aikman was disgusted by it.  It wasn’t all on Ryan either, Troy pointed out the line and pointed out WRs not doing their jobs.  He also pointed out Ryan not taking other options, or getting ride of the ball, or Ryan making an off target throw.  Like Troy said the whole passing game is a mess.

The defense yeah I agree I’ve shredded them in this thread.  

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You say I make excuses for Matt Ryan but you are doing the same thing with the defense when we have leads and they give up 90 yard drives, 3rd an longs, a 4th and 2 last week that would have sealed the game vs Philly.

Colts are the only team I have ever seen when it is 3rd and 10 I think the opponent will get a first down lmao 

This defense has carried this teams water all season. I knew this would eventually happen once playoffs were out of the question. Guys don’t want to get hurt before the season ends. 

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

look ryan with a good line would be good enough to get the colts to be a border line playoff team .  somewhere between 8-9 9-8 or 10-7 .     that is not bad but its not the same as rivers ryan has aged worse .  it happens you put 2016 ryan on this team its a different story we could be a real contender but his time has come .   same thing happened to manning father time is undefeated .not every one is tom brady most QBS start slowly declining at age 35 and its get worse each year .  rodgers brady ryan stafford all look washed this year it happens .   i was only against ryan due to his age and how he looked last year .   rivers could handle playing at his age better because of his pre snap reads and quick release .  ryan is used to deep jump balls to julio and other big body guys .

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This defense has carried this teams water all season. I knew this would eventually happen once playoffs were out of the question. Guys don’t want to get hurt before the season ends. 

The defense has been great for 3 QTR's then there could be a 3rd and 20 in the 4th Qtr and the opposing QB would either throw or run for 21 yards. I have seen it all year. Yes our offense hasn't helped matters but the last 2 weeks we had the lead in the 4th Qtr and our D looked like doo doo.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Defense has also given up three game winning drives when the offense had given them the lead.  They also let the Jags tie a game the offense had given them the lead in the deference there was Ryan bailed them out with a game winning drive.  The defense has been good until the game is on the line and outside of the KC and Denver games have yet to close out games.  

Do they generally play better than the offense?  Sure.  Are they an elite unit you can depend on to carry you?  No.  

Matt Ryan has been far from great but he gave us the lead the last 2 weeks, our D folded when it mattered most. We don't create Turnovers and give up big plays on 3rd and longs of all things. If it is 4th and short I would go for it every time if I was the opposing the team playing our D. Hurts in shotgun, just runs it easily on 4th and 2 and get an easy 3 yards. The hole he had to run through last week was mind boggling. We get that stop we win. Tonight we let a rookie QB look like Joe Montana in the 4th Qtr. 

14 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I posted this in the other thread and I agree with it.

there are plenty of video break downs on the colts offense that show this .    matt ryan holds the ball and throws it late and weak so it looks like the wrs are being covered and every catch is in traffic .     in general yes the wrs arent the best in separation this year but ryan is a part of the problem too .    its every thing the line ryan and some struggles at wr .   we can blame all three but ryan doesnt deserve a free pass .

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Matt Ryan has been far from great but he gave us the lead the last 2 weeks, our D folded when it mattered most. We don't create Turnovers and give up big plays on 3rd and longs of all things. If it is 4th and short I would go for it every time if I was the opposing the team playing our D. Hurts in shotgun, just runs it easily on 4th and 2 and get an easy 3 yards. The hole had to run thoiugh last week was mind boggling. We get that stop we win. Tonight we let a rookie QB look like Joe Montana in the 4th Qtr. 

maybe he should show up the first 2 quarters and it wouldn’t come down  to the d having to make a stop.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Look this season has been over awhile. This team would only have 3 or 4 losses just be scoring 21 points.

Yea we would be 8-4 if we scored just 21 points in all of our games.

Broncos would be 10-1 if they scored 21 points in all their games lol. 

Have to be able to score 21 points in todays NFL, the days of defense carrying you to a championship are far in the past

32 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Issue is more injury to starters, and holes from starters... IMO. At least right now. Paye being out, hurts us (both rush and run D)... Yannick is decent in rushing, but sucks vs the run. We'd look with different with Paye. And Yannick plays too much. I wouldn't play him on 1st down, or short yardage situations, at all. 

yeah everything you said is related to lack of depth

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Matt Ryan has been far from great but he gave us the lead the last 2 weeks, our D folded when it mattered most. We don't create Turnovers and give up big plays on 3rd and longs of all things. If it is 4th and short I would go for it every time if I was the opposing the team playing our D. Hurts in shotgun, just runs it easily on 4th and 2 and get an easy 3 yards. The hole he had to run through last week was mind boggling. We get that stop we win. Tonight we let a rookie QB look like Joe Montana in the 4th Qtr. 

both of these things can be true.

1.  Matt Ryan needs to play better.

2.  The defense can’t close games.  

I think that’s your point and it’s correct.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Maybe if Wentz would have showed up in the last 2 Qtrs last year we would've won 11 game, instead he folded against the Bucs, Tennessee, Raiders, and Jags.

This was not abort carso. Just admit Matt is terrible and downgraded from last year. We scored 30 pts a game last season during the hot streak.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

both of these things can be true.

1.  Matt Ryan needs to play better.

2.  The defense can’t close games.  

I think that’s your point and it’s correct.

Matt Ryan can’t play better  He is who he is.

Just now, IrsaysArmy said:

They really haven’t. Even when they had Freeney and Mathis. They just can’t get off the field 

Guess you missed Gilmore this year.

This was not abort carso. Just admit Matt is terrible and downgraded from last year. We scored 30 pts a game last season during the hot streak.

It really is not a down grade. Did we make the playoffs last year? Also last year our O.Line was better, Taylor had a Barry Sanders type of year, and Leonard was healthy creating 10 turnovers. A QB's dream that Wentz had. TY Hilton was also still here giving us a deep threat at least.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

matt still had 120 and a time out to get a field goal last week and this week he had plenty of time to tie it at least .   sam went through the same thing with a 10 point lead going into the 4th and the defense gave up the last minute touchdown .  at the end of the day matt only really had one good game against the jags and a solid 4th quarter against the texans . every thing else has been average to below average .   the eagles game scoring 16 tonight 17   he only scored over 20 points one game this year .  you just can win averaging 16 points a game in this league without a elite defense . our defense is solid and a top ten defense but its not elite .   i know you wanna blame the defense but they are top 10 in multiple areas this year that should be good enough to make the playoffs . they only gave up more than 20 points in 4 games out of 12 games 8 games under 20 points

2 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Matt Ryan makes Me miss Carson Wentz 

We were scoring 30 pts with Carson. Because if Carson’s mobility Taylor had a lot more room to run. Matt can’t throw it past ten yards. We downgraded at QB and that’s Irsays fault. Just because Carson wasn’t the answer doesn’t mean you should trade him when there is no upgrade. We didn’t even stay sane at QB. We severely downgraded.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It really is not a down grade. Did we make the playoffs last year? Also last year our O.Line was better, Taylor had a Barry Sanders type of year, and Leonard was healthy creating 10 turnovers. A QB's dream that Wentz had. TY Hilton was also still here giving us a deep threat at least.

You can’t watch Ryan play and say it’s not a downgrade. 

We were scoring 30 pts with Carson. Because if Carson’s mobility Taylor had a lot more room to run. Matt can’t throw it past ten yards. We downgraded at QB and that’s Irsays fault. Just because Carson wasn’t the answer doesn’t mean you should trade him when there is no upgrade. We didn’t even stay sane at QB. We severely downgraded.

We scored 11 against the worst team in football with a chance to clinch. 11 is far from 30.

Just now, AustinnKaine said:

yeah everything you said is related to lack of depth

I disagree. 

Injury is a distinct issue. 

And personnel usage (use of Yannick, and poor run D) is a distinct issue. 

I don't see depth as a catch-all category. 

Both and Dayo and Ifeadi have been decent/good as "depth" guys. I'd actually use either on 1st downs instead of Yannick. 

Our iDL depth is more of an issue, but the starters (Defo and Grover) are healthy (mostly) and performing great, so depth is not an issue. 

Archived