Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022: Steelers at Colts Post Game Thoughts

EastStreet

5 minutes ago, SurfinKal said:

Aikman did everything he could not to say that Matt Ryan isn’t a starting QB. He talked around it and pointed out things that are on MR to do. I appreciated his insight and believe they should sit MR for the remainder of the season. 

Yep, when he saw Campbell streaking against man coverage at the back of the end zone, and several other times I did notice that. Aikman knows a thing or two about QB play, I would figure. :) 

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok here are my post game bullet points:

1. Defense was wretched. If we faced anybody other then who we did, we give up 40+.
2. Offense is pre historic. The field is so condensed when we’re on offense.

3. Our 2nd round pick last year was a waste of a pick.

4. Nice game from Jeloni Woods. His hands are shaky though.

5. What’s the dead cap hit for releasing Allie-Coz the day the season ends.

6. It’s almost disrespectful to say what I think about Matt Ryan. I just hope he doesn’t get seriously injured and decides to retire at seasons end. 
7. Alec Pierce has a LONG way to go before he becomes a contributing NFL wr.

8. Colts have the worst home field advantage in sports. But I don’t blame the fans. Have they won a game there yet this season?

9. Steelers proved again why they’re our daddy’s. 

Just now, #12. said:

This is one of the better defenses we've had around here, especially considering the crap offense they have been paired with.

It’s really not. Believe what you want, but for years including this one, Gus’s defense cannot be counted on to make a stop when it’s critical. Colts Defense really isn’t that good.

2 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

Squeelers just looked at the Colts/Eagles game and did exactly what they wanted! Kenny Moore was usual trash, and Okereke thought the game was 2-hand touch! Refs were one-sided but not blaming them for the loss, and I think Parks is in way over his head!

Yet does anyone not even remember the facemask penalty that was not called against the Eagles on the last drive? That would have given us a HUGE chance to win that game.....

40 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

What draft pick will we get at 5-11-1?

top 5 colts are now 14th in the draft . bears have the  second pick right now at 3 wins .  we can easily get the 4th pick but need the panthers to win one more game .     losing out colts could easily get the number 2 pick and get stroud because even if the broncos or bears  get the 2nd the pick goes to the eagles who have a QB and would want to trade back and the bears have a QB

You can change coaches all you want but it doesn’t change the talent. 

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

top 5 colts are now 8th in the draft . broncos have the second pick right now at 3 wins .  we can easily get the 4th pick but need the panthers to win one more game .     losing out colts could easily get the number 2 pick and get stroud because even if the broncos get the 2nd the pick goes to the eagles who have a QB and would want to trade back

Broncos don’t have a first round pick I don’t believe. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nah, our D just stunk tonight. I see him as a backup, little arm strength and not fast either. He won tonight so a lot in here will say he is great. Pitt is freakin 4-7 and Pickett is not that good. Sam lovers are out in full force too, Sam is without a doubt a lifetime backup. Maybe we will get lucky and draft a QB that is duel and is good.

Pitt is improving... They have their best DL back. They are replacing their worst DB with Wallace, who has started playing well (3 INTs in the last 4 weeks). And Pickett is improving. Not saying Pickett will be pro-bowler QB... but has much better ceiling than Sam. 

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

top 5 colts are now 8th in the draft . broncos have the second pick right now at 3 wins .  we can easily get the 4th pick but need the panthers to win one more game .     losing out colts could easily get the number 2 pick and get stroud because even if the broncos get the 2nd the pick goes to the eagles who have a QB and would want to trade back

We should take a LT and play Sam next year, If we do that we will go 20-0.

3 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

It’s really not. Believe what you want, but for years including this one, Gus’s defense cannot be counted on to make a stop when it’s critical. Colts Defense really isn’t that good.

When have the Colts ever had a really good defense......except when they won the '06 Super Bowl

For 50 years the Colt defense hasn't stopped anyone they had to. We go ahead and don't score again, give up the go ahead score to the steelers on their next possession. It's the same thing over and over. Gm's change, coaches change players change but the results have  remained the same for FIFTY years! The Irsays have beat the Rooney's FOUR times in fifty years, I don't think Alabama has dominated Vanderbilt that bad in the last 50 years. 

Just now, Two_pound said:

For 50 years the Colt defense hasn't stopped anyone they had to. We go ahead and don't score again, give up the go ahead score to the steelers on their next possession. It's the same thing over and over. Gm's change, coaches change players change but the results have  remained the same for FIFTY years! The Irsays have beat the Rooney's FOUR times in fifty years, I don't think Alabama has dominated Vanderbilt that bad in the last 50 years. 

They were gassed.

6 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl

What are you talking about. We are currently 14th

22 minutes ago, Knuckles79 said:

Matt Ryan can make the throws if given time but if not able to step up into his throw he cannot drive the ball with just arm strength 

Tbh what NFL can’t make throws when give time. Matt is washed up and his arm is dead. We need to focus on next year at this point let the young guys play that we have to get some experience 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We should take a LT and play Sam next year, If we do that we will go 20-0.

you have some weird hate for sam he is a young player who should get the chance to play the rest of the year .  playoffs are done anyway .  the only reason i wanted sam was the hope he could improve and show some things . i am so sick of these washed up band aid QBs that i just want some kind of hope to cling to .    you have to admit with matt ryan its over he is not coming back he is below .500 as a starter this year he is only getting older and will keep declining . at least with a young player there is a chance to improve that is all i wanted the chance .   i realized the team had no chance earlier than you so i wanted the hope of something to make the season exciting

1 minute ago, IrsaysArmy said:

1. Defense was wretched. 

As horrible as the offense was, the D made enough plays to keep them in it.  They held them to 3s when the Steelers had constant good field position in the first half.   They got several 3 and outs to start the second half to allow them to get back in it.  Got a 3 and out after the fumble on the goaline.  Following a Colts 3 and out late in the 4th, they got the Steelers off the field to allow a final drive.

Considering the offense only played about 10 minutes of decent football, the D did enough.

Just now, EastStreet said:

We started the 4Q with the lead... the last 3 weeks.

Our D has allowed way too much in the 4Q in the last 2 weeks. 

Yes, the O has to get better. But 4Q D has sucked.. 

we have no Dline Depth, that's why we are losing in the 4Q

The Colt defense was on the field for 6 plays prior to us taking the lead and then let the steelers go 75 yards for the go ahead touchdown, they most definitely should NOT of been gassed. It was just typical Colt football historically speaking over the past 50 years.

Archived