Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022: Steelers at Colts Post Game Thoughts

EastStreet

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, DougDew said:

They folded in the last 2 minutes of the 2Q too, at the playoff game in BUF, from about their own 6 yard line after Frank went for it on 4th down with much criticism.

The offensive scheme is exacerbated by a QB that cannot throw deep very well and receivers that seem uninspired.

I remember that 94 yard drive like it was yesterday. 2 Hail Marys that were in bounds by inches, isiah Rodgers INT wiped out, Rodgers almost picks off the next one. all of this right after rivers missed Pittman in the endzone. 

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ok just ignore us being number one in scoring most of the season. One game doesn’t make your identity. This year every game we struggle to score.

I would say that 1 game was pretty crucial, how about the Raiders game before that where we only scored 20 at home and Wentz missed TY wide open for a TD?

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would say that 1 game was pretty crucial, how about the Raiders game before that where we only scored 20 at home and Wentz missed TY wide open for a TD?

I’ll say this, neither Wentz or Ryan alone are the problem.  Unfortunately neither was the answer either.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I’ll say this, neither Wentz or Ryan alone are the problem.  Unfortunately neither was the answer either.

Just because Wentz wasn’t the answer doesn’t mean you should downgrade. 

Just because Wentz wasn’t the answer doesn’t mean you should downgrade. 

Wentz not being the answer does mean you should keep trying to find the answer through.  Unfortunately they got the replacement wrong.  They didn’t get ride of Wentz for Ryan.  They got ride of Wentz and then they got Ryan it was two different decisions. They got ride of Wentz because he wasn’t the answer and that was the still the right call before Ryan even entered the picture.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Both were married to poor OL play.

So hard to grade either (fairly). 

It's like trying to compare Lebron vs Jordan, with both playing flat balls. 

This is so bad. Imagine having a season like this and bring out of reach for a QB.

Wentz not being the answer does mean you should keep trying to find the answer through.  Unfortunately they got the replacement wrong.  They didn’t get ride of Wentz for Ryan.  They got ride of Wentz and then they got Ryan it was two different decisions. They got ride of Wentz because he wasn’t the answer and that was the still the right call before Ryan even entered the picture.

Making things worse is a bad decision.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He has been real disappointing but our Line stinks right now.

The last few games he’s finally looked like old Taylor but they keep trying to be pass happy.  They have gotten away from their identity.  They need to run Taylor until the other team proves they can stop him.

Not sure he would of made a difference. This team has too many holes SF doesn’t have.

It wouldn’t matter if Wentz, Ryan, Jimmy G, Rodgers, Wilson, or any other QB you can think of that the Colts could have had this season were here.  With the line this bad they would have all struggled.  That’s why I am not sure if Ryan alone is a down grade because I don’t think Wentz would be doing any better behind this line.

It wouldn’t matter if Wentz, Ryan, Jimmy G, Rodgers, Wilson, or any other QB you can think of that the Colts could have had this season were here.  With the line this bad they would have all struggled.  That’s why I am not sure if Ryan alone is a down grade because I don’t think Wentz would be doing any better behind this line.

Wentz can escape and throw in run. Ryan can’t. Not to mention he had to be accounted for to run which opened up things for Taylor.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Wentz can escape and throw in run. Ryan can’t. Not to mention he had to be accounted for to run which opened up things for Taylor.

That is overrated.  So could Sam and Sam has the most sacked game of anyone this season for the Colts and Sam’s ability to run did nothing to help the running game because wait for it the line still couldn’t block.

Most of Taylor's runs were up the gut last year because the O.Line opened holes too and he had great footwork. Your love for Wentz is fascinating, you act like he ran the option like the 90 Cornhuskers did getting 6 yards a carry.

That is overrated.  So could Sam and Sam has the most sacked game of anyone this season for the Colts and Sam’s ability to run did nothing to help the running game because wait for it the line still couldn’t block.

That’s apples and oranges. Your comparing Wentz to a guy who only played two games. 

Archived