Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022: Steelers at Colts Post Game Thoughts

EastStreet

So, went down to get lunch and was listening to Dakich for about 20 minutes. He was ripping the Colts and Jeff Saturday. Jeff was about not using a time out sooner. Then he was bashing Ballard saying he is 46-49-1 as a GM. He was bashing Jeff saying, see he has never coached before and Bill Cowher was right. First off and I hope Dakich reads this, creates an account and responds to me in private. He has no idea what he is talking about. He thinks he does because he coached Bowling Green for 11 seasons with an average record of 156-140 and has never won a NCAA tournament game in his career. He coached Indiana for 2 games and was 0-2 lmao , the people at Indiana knew he couldn't hack it so they went and hired Tom Crean. I would call Dakich and his show and tell him what I think but his egotistical rear end would hang up on me. He coached Bowling Green and was barely above .500 and he thinks he is God, when he played for IU in the 80's he wasn't any good and was a minimal role player. People like to think he helped shut down Jordan in 1984, no it was Bobby Knight's zone D that did by triple teaming him and Dean Smith taking the ball out of his hands chuckling homer simpson GIF.

Regarding the Colts, Saturday not taking time out and nothing to do with us losing. We still had 3 time outs and 30 seconds. Taylor getting stuffed on 3rd and 2 screwed everything up. For those that I think I defend Matt Ryan, I do at times but admit he has been average if you read most of my posts instead of reading posts when I bow down to him and nitpicking them. Matt gave us the best chance to win and is the best QB on this roster which is why I am glad the team went back to him. Wentz wasn't any better than Matt, neither made the playoffs. As a Colt, Wentz and Ryan are a wash. Rivers was better than both. Wentz had a better O.Line last year, a healthy Taylor who played like Barry Sanders, TY Hilton who was still a deep threat, and Leonard who created 10 turnovers giving Wentz a lot of chances to win games. Matt Ryan hasn't had any of that.

Dakich also loves Grigson, Grigson would have been Matt Millen had it not been for Andrew Luck, Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So, went down to get lunch and was listening to Dakich for about 20 minutes. He was ripping the Colts and Jeff Saturday. Jeff was about not using a time out sooner. Then he was bashing Ballard saying he is 46-49-1 as a GM. He was bashing Jeff saying, see he has never coached before and Bill Cowher was right. First off and I hope Dakich reads this, creates an account and responds to me in private. He has no idea what he is talking about. He thinks he does because he coached Bowling Green for 11 seasons with an average record of 156-140 and has never won a NCAA tournament game in his career. He coached Indiana for 2 games and was 0-2 lmao , the people at Indiana knew he couldn't hack it so they went and hired Tom Crean. I would call Dakich and his show and tell him what I think but his egotistical rear end would hang up on me. He coached Bowling Green and was barely above .500 and he thinks he is God, when he played for IU in the 80's he wasn't any good and was a minimal role player. People like to think he helped shut down Jordan in 1984, no it was Bobby Knight's zone D that did by triple teaming him and Dean Smith taking the ball out of his hands chuckling homer simpson GIF.

Regarding the Colts, Saturday not taking time out and nothing to do with us losing. We still had 3 time outs and 30 seconds. Taylor getting stuffed on 3rd and 2 screwed everything up. For those that I think I defend Matt Ryan, I do at times but admit he has been average if you read most of my posts instead of reading posts when I bow down to him and nitpicking them. Matt gave us the best chance to win and is the best QB in this roster which is why I am glad the team went back to him. Wentz wasn't any better than Matt, neither made the playoffs. As a Colt, Wentz and Ryan are a wash. Rivers was better than both. Wentz had a better O.Line last year, a healthy Taylor who played like Barry Sanders, TY Hilton who was still a deep threat, and Leonard who created 10 turnovers giving Wentz a lot of chances to win games. Matt Ryan hasn't had any of that.

Dakich also loves Grigson, Grigson would have been Matt Millen had it not been for Andrew Luck, Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

Dakich is a shock jock who loves to hear himself talk. All style and no substance, IMO. Bill O' Reilly of Sports Talk Radio. Yeah, I hear ya, I hear ya, you make sense but eventually what I say is right. That is what DD does eventually like Bill O' Reilly if a listener ever calls into his show giving a different take.

That is why I feel JMV is far more worth listening in the evening. There is a reason Dakich doesn't get primetime morning or evening slots. :) 

10 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

It's not really a talent issue except for the OL.  That is the achilles heel for us on the talent side.  Coupled with bad offensive game planning and play calling and we are really behind the eight ball.  Defense is not a problem IMO.  Many talented players on that side of the ball. 

I think not completing a pass until 7:00 left in the first half cannot be explained away by an oline issue.  Especially since the oline was playing pretty well.   Our talent is too young to make plays under stress, because they have not been in the NFL long enough yet.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Regarding the Colts, Saturday not taking time out and nothing to do with us losing. We still had 3 time outs and 30 seconds. Taylor getting stuffed on 3rd and 2 screwed everything up. For those that I think I defend Matt Ryan, I do at times but admit he has been average if you read most of my posts instead of reading posts when I bow down to him and nitpicking them. Matt gave us the best chance to win and is the best QB in this roster which is why I am glad the team went back to him. Wentz wasn't any better than Matt, neither made the playoffs. As a Colt, Wentz and Ryan are a wash. Rivers was better than both. Wentz had a better O.Line last year, a healthy Taylor who played like Barry Sanders, TY Hilton who was still a deep threat, and Leonard who created 10 turnovers giving Wentz a lot of chances to win games. Matt Ryan hasn't had any of that.

Dan Dakich shut down Jordan and had bench reserved for him at the VP across from Memorial Stadium for a few decades that I'd sit on from time to time. 

You are still in denial bro.  Matt Ryan is one of the primary reasons this offense is so bad.  Dude is slow.  

9 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Dakich is a shock jock who loves to hear himself talk. All style and no substance, IMO. Bill O' Reilly of Sports Talk Radio. Yeah, I hear ya, I hear ya, you make sense but eventually what I say is right. That is what DD does eventually like Bill O' Reilly if a listener ever calls into his show giving a different take.

That is why I feel JMV is far more worth listening in the evening. There is a reason Dakich doesn't get primetime morning or evening slots. :) 

I know, JMV is the best we have. He rips the team too at times but he gives respectable takes. JMV is my favorite, unfortunately I am in bed by then most days because I work 3rd shift.  I don't mind Bowen but he is still wet behind the ears, what is he like 30 years old. I am old enough to be his dad. People can tell me what I have ever done? That is fair but I have watched sports for 45 years and have studied football and basketball and baseball big time. I also played sports in high school so at least I know what it takes to compete. If I had my own radio show, I would value everyone's opinion because I don't know it all. If I called Dakich he would hang up on me within 20 seconds chuckling homer simpson GIF

6 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Dan Dakich shut down Jordan and had bench reserved for him at the VP across from Memorial Stadium for a few decades that I'd sit on from time to time. 

You are still in denial bro.  Matt Ryan is one of the primary reasons this offense is so bad.  Dude is slow.  

Dakich did not shut down Michael Jordan, if you think that you are delusional. It was Indiana's zone. Dakich helped but Blab at 7'2 was a huge reason why Jordan was passing a lot.  Dean Smith also admitted that he took the ball out of Jordan's hands and thought a game plan of letting his other players get involved gave them a better a chance. Dan Dakich couldn't stop Spud Webb, give me a break.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Dakich did not shut down Michael Jordan, if you think that you are delusional. It was Indiana's zone. Dakich helped but Blab at 7'2 was a huge reason why Jordan was passing a lot.  Dean Smith also admitted that he took the ball out of Jordan's hands and thought a game plan of letting his other players get involved gave them a better a chance. Dan Dakich couldn't stop Spud Webb, give me a break.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Dude Knight always played man to man lol.  Jeeezus. 

1 minute ago, Nickster said:

Dude Knight always played man to man lol.  Jeeezus. 

No Knight did not, he did a lot but that game he did not. I watched the game and remember it like it was yesterday. Everytime Jordan drove there was at least 2 people on him and Blab was standing right there in the paint. I watched the game.

You are going to lose this argument because I watched the whole game and know what happened. So if you disagree with me, have at it but I know what happened. My best friend in highschool was the biggest Jordan fan you will ever find and he was so mad at Dean Smith that it was comical. He also was laughing saying how great Blab was protecting the paint because I was teasing him about IU winning. 

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No Knight did not, he did a lot but that game he did not. I watched the game and remember it like it was yesterday. Everytime Jordan drove there was at least 2 people on him and Blab was standing right there in the paint. I watched the game.

Knight played the same help side man that he always did in that game Bestie.  But keep arguing about that and Matt Ryan's Greatness.

i was joking about Dakich but have it your Way Bestie.  No longer interested. you just really don't know what you are talking about when it comes to sports.

3 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Knight played the same help side man that he always did in that game Bestie.  But keep arguing about that and Matt Ryan's Greatness.

i was joking about Dakich but have it your Way Bestie.  No longer interested. you just really don't know what you are talking about when it comes to sports.

I said Matt Ryan has been average, he is the best QB on the roster, he is a Hall of Famer. Tell me one thing that is false here. By the way I wanted Jimmy G as my #1, Matt was 2nd. I wanted Jimmy because he was 30, a lot younger. You mocked me then for that too. As of now I think the 49ers will win the NFC and maybe even the SB.

I thought we would have beaten the Steelers with a rookie quarterback at home. I know we have line issue but there are other teams with the same problem. Other teams are doing check down to the running backs if no one is open. We have Taylor. He can make things happen. Our QB has to make quicker decisions.  I really had high hopes for Colts this season when we got Matt Ryan. Just win the rest of the games in the season and let’s get into the playoffs. 

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You are delusional if you think that. Look what Sam did at New England. The O.Line was in face too, quickly and it was worse actually. 

look at what matt did in jacksonville 0 points    got shut out .    he is not good give sam a full 10 games like matt got you will see some good as the season went on .    he did fine against the commanders

5 hours ago, Myles said:

I think the Colts lose their next 3 games and then it's a toss up against the Giants and Texans.  So they could end up 5-11-1 which I think might get us the 5th - 8th pick in the draft.   I'm not worried about Cleveland being in front of us.   With Watson they will win a couple more games.  

Other teams would need to win out too. The Panthers)currently at 5 still have the Seahawks, Steelers, Lions, Saints, and Bucs left.

The Saints pick is currently held by the Eagles and it’s the 6th overall pick. Eagles aren’t taking a QB, so they could be a trade down candidate since they don’t have too many pressing needs. 

18 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Other teams would need to win out too. The Panthers)currently at 5 still have the Seahawks, Steelers, Lions, Saints, and Bucs left.

The Saints pick is currently held by the Eagles and it’s the 6th overall pick. Eagles aren’t taking a QB, so they could be a trade down candidate since they don’t have too many pressing needs. 

I think some of the teams ahead of us play each other so that will help.

41 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I did wonder about the Bucs, if they were going to give Kyle Trask a chance or has that ship sailed if Brady retires?

18 hours ago, coming on strong said:

you are misusing the term fair weather fans .....  a fair weather fan is a fan who only watches the team when they are good .  a good example is in baseball with the yankees i know some many people who dont watch a single regular season game and only watch the playoffs when they make it .  that is a fair weather fan not people who watch every single game even when the team is losing and post every day on the colts message board .    your confusing fans who want whats best for the franchise with fair weather .  in 2011 were you voting for the colts to win that last game  to lose out on luck ?   i doubt any one was because i was here then and almost every one wanted to tank . 

I don't recall supporting tanking but I was happy when we drafted Luck. "Suck for Luck" was never typed by this guy, but again, I am old(ish) and have killed plenty of brain cells since then so I may have and just can't remember! Ha! 

I know the definition of Fair Weather fans and I used it properly in the context that when things are going well (Winning) the complainers don't come out and play as heartily and emotionally as they do after things go bad (losing)! 

And yes, it still is very predictable.....

34 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Not going to name the podcaster but he is giving up covering  colts because  he is tired of losing. I bet he comes back when they start running. That is a fair weather fan.

Poor guy lol. No clue who it is but that's funny. Not reporting anymore because the team is bad.. Lol.

Could just start following KC if he's to stressed.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Regarding the Colts, Saturday not taking time out and nothing to do with us losing. We still had 3 time outs and 30 seconds. Taylor getting stuffed on 3rd and 2 screwed everything up. For those that I think I defend Matt Ryan, I do at times but admit he has been average if you read most of my posts instead of reading posts when I bow down to him and nitpicking them. Matt gave us the best chance to win and is the best QB on this roster which is why I am glad the team went back to him. Wentz wasn't any better than Matt, neither made the playoffs. As a Colt, Wentz and Ryan are a wash. Rivers was better than both. Wentz had a better O.Line last year, a healthy Taylor who played like Barry Sanders, TY Hilton who was still a deep threat, and Leonard who created 10 turnovers giving Wentz a lot of chances to win games. Matt Ryan hasn't had any of that.

Here's the issue. You like to bash Dakich for being negative and for hot takes that are normally in the minority. Here's the issue this time: he's in the majority. Everyone worth their weight that's associated with the Colts is bashing them and calling them out. They were horrendous last night. If you want to argue Dakich is wrong, that's fine. In this case though, you will have to stretch that every major Colts media reporter and talking head is also wrong about the Colts. 

Matt Ryan is terrible. So is Sam, but he's 14 years younger (I believe) than Matt and a 6th round pick. The wins argument with Matt is like the pitcher wins in baseball, it's an irrelevant stat because it's a team sport. Just like I care about a pitchers WAR, I care about how much value Matt Ryan brings to the team individually. He's a turnover machine, and he doesn't even put up yards and TDs consistently.

I don't think college basketball experience has anything to do with the NFL as far as credibility (good or bad), but carry on.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why doesn't Zak bring up the Taylor fumble at the 1? Yeah that was Jeff's fault lmao 

The fumble was credited to Matt Ryan actually. It wasn't Taylor's fault.

4 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He did. His podcast partner said Taylor wouldn’t take the blame either which is odd.

It was Matt Ryans fault, the fumble was even credited to him. I wouldn't take the blame either.

10 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The fumble was credited to Matt Ryan actually. It wasn't Taylor's fault.

It was Matt Ryans fault, the fumble was even credited to him. I wouldn't take the blame either.

It was JT's fault.

Watch the replay. Tell me what Matt did wrong? zero... 

And the announcers even said it wasn't Ryan's fault. And Keefer said it was JT last night...

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

It was JT's fault.

Watch the replay. Tell me what Matt did wrong? zero... 

And the announcers even said it wasn't Ryan's fault. And Keefer said it was JT last night...

You are correct. That should have been on Taylor. Thanks for the video! :thmup:

Archived