Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022: Steelers at Colts Post Game Thoughts

EastStreet

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s very odd what has happened with Taylor this year. He kept repeating I have to watch film when asked about the fumble. Not taking ownership and his fumbling issues are just strange. Hopefully it’s just a outliar with everything just going wrong this season.

Yeah, that was frustrating to see. This team either needs better coaching (which hopefully Saturday can be), or they are checked out at this point.

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You are correct. That should have been on Taylor. Thanks for the video! :thmup:

You're welcome. 

I was rewinding (during the game)... and watched it 4 times... and thought people were crazy to say it was Ryan. Looked perfect to me. I'm sure JT knows. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

You're welcome. 

I was rewinding (during the game)... and watched it 4 times... and thought people were crazy to say it was Ryan. Looked perfect to me. I'm sure JT knows. 

For some reason during the game, I thought Matt screwed up the handoff to Taylor, then fell on it wrong and didn't recover, so I blamed it on him, and that was compounded with the fact I also had my computer near me and they said the fumble was credited to Matt. So my opinion was skewed on that one lol.

Sad, Reich and Ballard set this team back years and it'll take that time to return back to respectability. So, best thing is just have a fire sale, Get a QB, light fire under those overpaid, underperforming Oline if not trade them.  DC needs to be more creative and aggressive on timely blitzes. QBs have been allowed too much time on 3rd downs, and resulting in 1st downs too much. Definitely a new GM to draft elite players instead of developmental players.  This is a sad team right now no matter what HC you put in.....

19 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sam doesn't even have the arm strength as a 37 yr old Matt Ryan either not the accuracy. I posted earlier, I would put a 1000 dollars on Matt Ryan having better velocity on a 10 yard pass over Sam. 

I saw, and I give…Why do you keep saying velocity on a 10 yard pass?

Last I checked, 70 mph is 70 miles per hour regardless of distance traveled.

Or are you suggesting Sam has better “touch” than Ryan? 

And, I’d take your $$ if this wasn’t entirely hypothetical.

36 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

For some reason during the game, I thought Matt screwed up the handoff to Taylor, then fell on it wrong and didn't recover, so I blamed it on him, and that was compounded with the fact I also had my computer near me and they said the fumble was credited to Matt. So my opinion was skewed on that one lol.

It looked good live to me, and replay was clear. Matt is easy target lol. 

Time to burn it down.  It's obvious the team we are putting on the field is not  talented enough to compete in this league.  Jim has let Ballard run this team into the ground.  Love Jeff as a coach but even he can't get this team motivated.  The culture of the Colts is that of a team that has no pride, no heart, just playing for a paycheck, it's really getting embarrassing to be a fan.

17 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

Time to burn it down.  It's obvious the team we are putting on the field is not  talented enough to compete in this league.  Jim has let Ballard run this team into the ground.  Love Jeff as a coach but even he can't get this team motivated.  The culture of the Colts is that of a team that has no pride, no heart, just playing for a paycheck, it's really getting embarrassing to be a fan.

Team was fighting the last 3 weeks. More than previous games. It's obvious.

Even with the weaknesses at LT and RG, we've still been competitive into the 4Q... 

25 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

Good grief.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t think you can underestimate the damage it did to the locker room when Irsay demanded Wentz be traded. Also publicly trashing him without using his name. It carried over to this season.

I mostly agree with this except for the fact that it didn't affect any of the players that joined the team in 2022. Those players never played with Wentz on the Colts and weren't around when it happened. 

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Even with the weaknesses at LT and RG, we've still been competitive into the 4Q... 

Raiders and Eagles games I agree. Steelers game was horrible, at least from the offensive side. I'm not sure if that was the players or coaching side in the first half, but Matt Ryan was literally worthless. I even said he may have a horrible game in the prediction thread.

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I mostly agree with this except for the fact that it didn't affect any of the players that joined the team in 2022. Those players never played with Wentz on the Colts and weren't around when it happened. 

It affected the vets a ton. Especially the vets on the oline. But the major reason we are here is Colts were forced to take leftovers at QB because Irsay forced a trade before they even had a answer to replace Carson.  Pittman is on his third QB alrady which is ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It affected the vets a ton. Especially the vets on the oline. But the major reason we are here is Colts were forced to take leftovers at QB because Irsay forced a trade before they even had a answer to replace Carson.  Pittman is on his third QB alrady which is ridiculous.

Completely agree with this. I remember it cost us Evan Engram and Juju as receiving weapons (i believe) because we had no idea who would play at QB. That was Ballard's fault 100%. It was also before the draft. Team could have looked much different on offense if we had those guys.

34 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Raiders and Eagles games I agree. Steelers game was horrible, at least from the offensive side. I'm not sure if that was the players or coaching side in the first half, but Matt Ryan was literally worthless. I even said he may have a horrible game in the prediction thread.

1st half was bad, but the we saw adjustments late 1H, and we started to move the ball. 

Wouldn't call Ryan horrible. The early INT sucked, but didn't cost us. And had some great tosses too. 

We moved the ball the last 2 drives in the 1st half. 

Then started the 2H well. TD, then long drive to the goal line (JT fumble), then a TD next drive... 

We should have had a 24-16 lead without the fumble. 

Even though we gave up a TD to PItt, we still drove the ball in the last drive, and could have won with a FG at the 26...

In short... we likely win without the JT fumble. 

1 minute ago, ojsglove said:

Yep, but we shouldn't have been in that situation to start with.  You cannot play 30 minutes of football and expect to win in this league, especially with the team we are putting on the field.

Nah... many teams start bad, then adjust. If you really look at the whole game, it was only bad in the 1Q. 

I would have started the game differently (O game play), but they didn't wait till the 2H to make adjustments. 

That's better than what we are used to. Heck, normally we didn't see adjustments until after the half, or even at times in the 4Q.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Nah... many teams start bad, then adjust. If you really look at the whole game, it was only bad in the 1Q. 

I would have started the game differently (O game play), but they didn't wait till the 2H to make adjustments. 

That's better than what we are used to. Heck, normally we didn't see adjustments until after the half, or even at times in the 4Q.

Soooo, Why do we come out to start every game not ready to play, and put ourselves in a hole??

11 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Ryan’s tank is empty. It has been. Even the fumes have evaporated. It just isn’t there anymore, and there’s nothing that brings it back. 

Can’t wait for January when all the frank leftovers will be shown the door, and the last remnants of frank’s tenure are over with once and for all. I gave Frazier a shot, but the guy had an uphill battle coming in. We heard all the talk about how frank went to him for suggestions or with questions ETC because frank thought so highly of him, and that was red flag #1. We all know frank was the drizzling %s, I don’t think guys who helped him arrive at that point with the same lame * playbook and philosophies were going to be the answer, and hey look at that, they aren’t. 

The timeout farce goes equally on Saturday and Ryan. How many times have we heard they want Ryan to run the offense like Peyton did? How many darn times? 

Why is Ryan out there playing “find the thumb” with less than 60 seconds to go in a game when he needs to be orchestrating a hurry up offense? You don’t remember the time Peyton just stood out there in that situation looking confused like he didn’t know what the hell he was supposed to be doing. Saturday expected Ryan to be doing that, and Ryan was standing out there with moop face like it was the middle of the second quarter. 

By the time Saturday realized that Ryan was not with us in that moment and getting on the ball to do something we’d already bled way too many precious seconds off the clock. Honestly, I err with Saturday on this one.

Why the # was our veteran (very veteran) QB not hurrying guys to the line to get set, or better yet just calling the timeout himself if he didn’t feel they were ready to line up and run another play? Why is he standing out there looking like a cow looks at an oncoming train? He had moop face out there while the game ran down. 

Saturday had his own questionable moments, but this is a guy showing up to work every week having to make the best of whatever is left of Matt Ryan, and the offensive parts and pieces that frank left behind which were already broken and worthless before we sent him on his way. He’s showing up trying to do his job with a toolbox full of mismatched nonsense and he’s struggling as well because of it. 

The defense continues to do their part. They’re keeping us in games. But the offense doesn’t have it, and it’s not going to have anything until every aspect that frank brought to this organization from top to bottom is flushed away entirely. A driver swap doesn’t fix a cruddy built race car. 

That’s a lot of words about what’s wrong w the offense without mentioning Chris Ballard. He built this “cruddy race car.” 

27 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

Soooo, Why do we come out to start every game not ready to play, and put ourselves in a hole??

I agree we had "that problem" the 1st half of the season... but not really since Jeff. We've scored 1Qs vs LVR and Philly. And we made adjustments in the 2Q vs Pitt. 

Heck, we haven't scored a opening drive TD since last Christmas, until Jeff vs Philly. And we scored a TD in the 2nd drive vs LVR. Purely IMO, but the team is obviously playing better since Jeff, even with OL woes, and Ryan's limitation. 

6 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The fumble was credited to Matt Ryan actually. It wasn't Taylor's fault.

It was Matt Ryans fault, the fumble was even credited to him. I wouldn't take the blame either.

It was Taylor's fault but as usual some post without facts. Matt Ryan did nothing wrong on that hand off. Buck and Aikman both said it was Taylor's fault. If we score there, there was around an 80% chance we win. Matt Ryan gets blamed for everything by fans so par for the course. I read your other posts too. Of course we didn't play well last night but Dakich criticizing the timeout situation and bashing Jeff was way off base. That is not why we lost. 

12 hours ago, Nickster said:

Knight played the same help side man that he always did in that game Bestie.  But keep arguing about that and Matt Ryan's Greatness.

i was joking about Dakich but have it your Way Bestie.  No longer interested. you just really don't know what you are talking about when it comes to sports.

"You just really don't know what you are talking about when it comes to sports". Yeah right. I could ask you right now who won the basketball NCAA Championship in 1977 and you would probably have no clue, or who won the NBA MVP in 1980. You will say you know of course after looking it up. I can tell you every Champion and MVP's since 1980 in basketball and football without looking up anything. Who was the 6th man on the 1998 Pacers, the team that had Jordan beat but barely lost game 7. You would probably have no idea. Lol.

11 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t think you can underestimate the damage it did to the locker room when Irsay demanded Wentz be traded. Also publicly trashing him without using his name. It carried over to this season.

This is complete and utter nonsense! The team started playing bad to worse last year. As i recollect Wentz was still the QB of the Colts!

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

"You just really don't know what you are talking about when it comes to sports". Yeah right. I could ask you right now who won the basketball NCAA Championship in 1977 and you would probably have no clue, or who won the NBA MVP in 1980. You will say you know of course after looking it up. I can tell you every Champion and MVP's since 1980 in basketball and football without looking up anything. Who was the 6th man on the 1998 Pacers, the team that had Jordan beat but barely lost game 7. You would probably have no idea. Lol.

Strike a nerve! LOL

50 minutes ago, lincolndefan said:

Strike a nerve! LOL

He started it lmao . Him and I are cool though, but you seen what he said. He said I knew nothing about sports, no big deal really. I could ask all kinds of questions, like who the 1983 seasons SB winner was and unless one know's their history they would have 0 clue. I bet half the people in here have no idea who Lyle Alzado was.

12 hours ago, EastStreet said:

No it's not obvious.  That is one of your anti Reich agenda driven narrative pieces of drivel.

We've gotten essentially identical results.  Did we not "fight" v. Hou and KC when we came back?  Did we not "fight" v. Den or 

JAGS in game 2?  

We got beaten badly by NE with a inexperienced QB.  We squeaked by a TERRIBLE LV team, got beaten by PHI at the end instead of pulling an upset like we did when we "fought" v. KC and now we lost to a terrible PITT team and gave up 24 points to a terrible offense. 

We look exactly the same now as we did 3 weeks ago.  The only difference is that our passing game is actually shallower lol.

Not sure this was posted earlier... but according to PFF Raimann had a great game vs the Steelers:

I still have hope that he can be our LT of the future. He does need experience and coaching, but his athletic and physical profiles are in a lot of ways what you look for in LT nowadays. 

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Not sure this was posted earlier... but according to PFF Raimann had a great game vs the Steelers:

I still have hope that he can be our LT of the future. He does need experience and coaching, but his athletic and physical profiles are in a lot of ways what you look for in LT nowadays. 

Who is the QB you want if Stroud and Young are off the board?

11 minutes ago, stitches said:

Tough question. Probably Levis in the 1st... probably Hooker on day 2.  I'm getting a bit disillusioned by this draft class... 

This may seem strange, but (right now at least) I don’t care which QB they draft - I just want to see them start throwing darts. I want to see them at actually commit to the process of finding the future, commit to a young QB drafted in the 1st or at least 2nd round. This team have been in denial for too long. 

3 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

This may seem strange, but (right now at least) I don’t care which QB they draft - I just want to see them start throwing darts. I want to see them at actually commit to the process of finding the future, commit to a young QB drafted in the 1st or at least 2nd round. This team have been in denial for too long. 

Agreed. Want teh same... if they love a QB, I want them to pursue him and go and get him.... but at the same time... I kind of like next year's QB draft more than this one. 

Archived