Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 TNF Colts at Broncos: Post Game Thoughts (W5)

EastStreet

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says a lot:

Pryor was drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in the sixth round (206th overall) of the 2018 NFL Draft.

He made his first start at right guard in January 2020,

• Great play calling and execution in the late 4Q and OT.
  • Too bad for Kwity

lol I guess a win is a win, wasn't pretty. Defense was good, but Denvers offense was equally bad. Ryan is going to be injured by midseason with this poor Oline. I feel like its kind of fake excitement kind of like after the KC game. But ill say it again, like I did after KC. Maybe we can build off this...doubt it though. 

Just now, Nesjan3 said:

lol I guess a win is a win, wasn't pretty. Defense was good, but Denvers offense was equally bad. Ryan is going to be injured by midseason with this poor Oline. I feel like its kind of fake excitement kind of like after the KC game. But ill say it again, like I did after KC. Maybe we can build off this...doubt it though. 

run game looked slightly better with Jackson

Ryan should still be benched. He is just so bad.

This isn’t Reich. Reich typically had high scoring offenses. The oline is not great but Ryan is making it look worse.

Just now, #12. said:

This team has played about 1 or 1.5 good quarters of football, yet are .500 a month or so into the season.  

Somehow they have survived.

But there is no improvement 

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Is it me or did Pinter look better then Kelly at center. Run game got some nice plays.

Did much better as a C then RG also I dont want him to see anywhere else on the line beside C. 

Matt Ryan sacked 21 times in first 5 games. Last year we were sacked 32 times in 17 games.

Incredible brave job by the defense tonight. Buckner and Gilmore were outstanding. Two massive tackles by McLeod and Okereke on 2nd and 3rd down stoned the Broncos RBS and forced the 4th down. Thomas the rookie holding up the backend (except when the reds take him out lol).

Offense, idk. Pierce was class. After that terrible. Why didn’t we use the TEs until late in the game? As for the oline, at this stage Strausser has to go and we just keep trying oline combos until something works. Like Smith and Pryor really should have swapped positions early in this game. Leaving Pryor out there on Browning was criminal.

I’ll take it.

Honestly the only thing worse than the offenses in his game was the officials.  They were bad and not even favoring one team.  They were just awful.

This game was the biggest case against Thursday night football I can remember.  Players for both teams were dropping like flys.  Sadly it looks like Kwitty’s season could be over. That’s just gut wrenching because he had been playing so well.  

Good to see Buckner remind us who he is.

The Colts finally have another WR in Pierce.

I would have liked to see JT out there because the Colts were finally getting some decent run blocking late.  With that said this line was awful in pass protection.  Pryor was turn style at right tackle.  Aside from that I thought the line got better when Kelly went out but that could also be all the Broncos pass rushers getting hurt too.  All and all I wasn’t a fan of this line outside of run blocking but if they stick with this unit Pryor can’t be the right tackle.  Maybe you try Smith at RT and Pryor at RG.  

Ryan continues to have good moments followed by what the heck was that moments and then some good moments.

Have the Colts ever heard of a run outside of the tackles?

The Colts are the worst screen team in the NFL and I mean that on both offense and defense.

credit to Gilmore who came up big in big situations and threw cold water on whatever Russ was cooking.  Okay I’ll stop and go to bed.

All and all just pure ugliness but at least the Colts won so there’s that.

Archived