Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 TNF Colts at Broncos: Post Game Thoughts (W5)

EastStreet

24 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

It won’t be long before they have to stop bracketing Pittman because of pierce. That is going to help both of them.

Getting Campbell and Dulin involved will help as well. Especially Campbell.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

At least we didn’t pay Ryan 250 million and give up three draft picks like Denver did for Wilson. That is looking like a bad bad deal.

That’s very true

9 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

How is firing Reich going to solve the oline issues. It’s not. They played hard tonight. But you have a oline that looks like crap and a QB that just looks washed up. Now maybe firing Strausser is a good idea.

One of the media guys had a convo with one of the oline guys. They talked about how bad it is constantly getting beat up in the film room and torn apart. Maybe they need more of a teacher and less yelling from strausser.

Well he signed off on this terrible idea switching things up so much on a short week and putting a rookie at LT that was in no way ready. So he can take Strausser with him, his game plan was once again terrible. I think you have to make the move to Foles or Ehlinger. Because Ryan is missing wide open receivers and is just not seeing the coverage. Not to mention he is good for at least two turnovers a game. 

4 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I wonder if Kelly’s injury kept him out or they just like what they saw with Pinter at center.

You have to wonder. Some other interesting thing we have to consider is I wouldn’t pull Thomas when Blackman is back he might have to go to SS defense looks much better with Thomas at FS playing Gus defense since he is a natural FS and not a SS being asked to play FS

One thing with Pryor is he switched sides so footwork and everything is different. Ten days for them to work as a new oline. Ryan Kelly is the one o sm watching if he gets benched because punter did better at center.

Yea even last year Pinter does better at center 

47 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I said to keep him in the game, best to just let him take his licking and improve his game. Best way for him to do that is just keep him playing.

Yeah he really settled down in the second half.  He’s got to learn.  This is how you do it.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Ok i have to say i really like Rodney Thomas. I dont want to see anybody else back there but him. No Blackmon!

His dad had a great rookie season as well going for over 1,100 yards from scrimmage for the Houston Oilers...unfortunately Eddie george was drafted and took his spot and he never reach the same heights. Think Jr is going to have an even better career. Very smart player,doesnt look like a rook at all.

10 minutes ago, krunk said:

Getting Campbell and Dulin involved will help as well. Especially Campbell.

We need to start playing Campbell at Z/outside more, in space. 

And let Dulin be primary slot. 

Both are misused and ignored (late progressions), and doing too much dirty work. 

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

For not having a practice this week and only starting a handful of snaps he did ok. He has to clean up the penalties.

I say try Raimann, Nelson, Pinter, Kelly, and Smith.  That might be your best unit.  Raimann will need help at times but kid has to learn somehow.

Just now, EastStreet said:

We need to start playing Campbell at Z/outside more, in space. 

And let Dulin be primary slot. 

Both are misused and ignored (late progressions), and doing too much dirty work. 

I like that! No excuse for Campbell not being involved more.

7 minutes ago, #12. said:

BTW in watching that broadcast, you would never have known Manning played for the Colts.

Well the game was in Denver but at one point they joked about just letting Elway play QB for the Broncos and having Peyton play QB for the Colts.  Honestly watching Ryan reminds me a lot of how Manning looked in his last year.

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I would bench Ryan Kelly. Move Pinter  to center. Pryor to RG and smith back to RT.

No more Pryor dude is turn style and looks lost.

Lol 

How many weeks in a row are we going to have to listen to these guys say, “that was embarrassing” or “that’s disgusting”.

lol. Honestly though, how do you collect a check after a performance like that. 

Just now, krunk said:

I like that! No excuse for Campbell not being involved more.

90%+ is throw RB, Pitt, and Granson (progressions, etc)... 

So frustrating.

When Pierce is playing, they will give him early progressions at least. 

Would love to see what a different HC would do. 

Pierce and Buckner and Pinter seemed to have solid games. Some head scratch throws from a quarterback as accomplished as Ryan. IMO Pittman is not a wideout you back up the Brinks truck for. Just an awful start at 0-2-1 in the division, but 2 wins that most probably chalked up as losses when schedule was released. Onward and upward.

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I would bench Ryan Kelly. Move Pinter  to center. Pryor to RG and smith back to RT.

So you think Raimann played LT better than Pryor... ?

Not sure we ran left much, if ever.... And we had plenty of pressure from left. 

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

90%+ is throw RB, Pitt, and Granson (progressions, etc)... 

So frustrating.

When Pierce is playing, they will give him early progressions at least. 

Would love to see what a different HC would do. 

Be nice if they had Woods more involved.

1 minute ago, groundnpound said:

I thought they killed the flow early with a couple of ticky tack calls, but overall didn't find them bad by NFL standards.

If tripping a db who is about to make a pick and stopping a play about to be snapped and then not telling QB that the play clock wont be reset but set at 10 seconds causing a delay of game and likely td turned into a fg isnt bad not sure what is honestly.

Someone probably mentioned it but can we hear it for Chase?  Dude had an ugly ugly miss last week and rebounded going 4/4 scoring all the Colts points and hit some pretty long kicks to do it.  I am not sure I buy him as the long term answer at kicker but he came up clutch tonight.

6 minutes ago, groundnpound said:

Pierce and Buckner and Pinter seemed to have solid games. Some head scratch throws from a quarterback as accomplished as Ryan. IMO Pittman is not a wideout you back up the Brinks truck for. Just an awful start at 0-2-1 in the division, but 2 wins that most probably chalked up as losses when schedule was released. Onward and upward.

They are bracketing Pittman. Then tonight he had one of the best corners covering him. That’s why pierce was the leading scorer. Soon they won’t be able to double both of them which fill hell both.

Archived