Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 TNF Colts at Broncos: Post Game Thoughts (W5)

EastStreet

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good:

Run Defense again

Big Grove again

Pierce again

Gilmore again

Rodney Thomas again

Buckner finally arrived for 2022

Pinter sucks at G but is better than Kelly at C

Bad:

Where do I start?

This OL showing was one of the worst I ever seen.

Both Tackles got beat on 99% of the snaps, it was a horrible show, and the opposite side of Chubb was 2nd and 3rd strings pass rushing.

Play calling is getting worse somehow.

Pryor was somehow worse at RT then LT. Pinter was better then Kelly at C. By a decent amount.

Keep Raimann at LT. It's better than hoping Pryor gets better.

Is Dennis Kelly really worse then Pryor?

Is Pryor not better suited for RG and keeping Braden at RT?

This was probably the worst OL performance I've ever seen from a Colts team in my 17 years of watching. By a decent margin.

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Yeah I think he adjusted. He didn’t even get a practice in before starting but he has had snaps in games so that had to help.

Yeah, changing up the Oline on a short week, an away game, not to mention the altitude … why?

• Good
    • The Kicker
    • D playing decent vs a bad Denver O, all night
    • Gilmore winning PD. 2 PDs / INT
    • Thomas 2 PDs and INT
    • Ngakoue and Defo with 2 sacks each
    • Lindsey and Jackson. Replacing both RB1 and RB2. Had big plays when needed. In fairness, Denver focused a bit on passing, but still. 
    • Pierce and Campbell when needed. Finally an early read to Parris... can't believe it, seeing him outside at Z in space... 
    • Ryan - Say whatever you want to say about Ryan. He kept playing. Some how, while getting hammered late, still moved sticks to tie and win the game. 
    • Franklin - 9 Ts, and shocked he did good vs passing... Even a PD.
  • Bad
    • Staying way too long with script. Even announcers said we looked better once hurry up twice.. 
    • Whoever decided to re-shuffle (3 positions) the OL on a short week... hilarious. 
    • Moore - burnt a few times... pretty sure he blew that coverage when Jeudy was totally uncovered too. 

Colts have been doing the same thing all year, offense is horrible and defense been in bad position but got a couple turnovers today which was the difference. Matt Ryan is horrible. Alec is stepping up, give Campbell more opportunities with the ball in hands jet sweeps etc…tuff game for raimann with holding but at least it wasn’t free rushers. Pryor can be at tackle he has to go back to guard can’t handle speed at all. Moore made a good play but he be digging it out there or he is super slow … he always seem to be jogging. Paye is very important to run defense as it showed cause he holds his edge well

I am happy for Alec, that kid is going to be special. Outside of him and the defense...fire reich and fire Ballard I want them both gone still ASAP! Now's the time to do it. Players are happy they won, put a new coach in there who can ride their momentum and actually do something with them.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:
  • Good
    • The Kicker
    • D playing decent vs a bad Denver O, all night
    • Gilmore winning PD. 2 PDs / INT
    • Thomas 2 PDs and INT
    • Ngakoue and Defo with 2 sacks each
    • Lindsey and Jackson. Replacing both RB1 and RB2. Had big plays when needed. In fairness, Denver focused a bit on passing, but still. 
    • Pierce and Campbell when needed. Finally an early read to Parris... can't believe it, seeing him outside at Z in space... 
    • Ryan - Say whatever you want to say about Ryan. He kept playing. Some how, while getting hammered late, still moved sticks to tie and win the game. 
    • Franklin - 9 Ts, and shocked he did good vs passing... Even a PD.
  • Bad
    • Staying way too long with script. Even announcers said we looked better once hurry up twice.. 
    • Whoever decided to re-shuffle (3 positions) the OL on a short week... hilarious. 
    • Moore - burnt a few times... pretty sure he blew that coverage when Jeudy was totally uncovered too. 

Agreed. 

That was a beating of a lifetime for a QB. He still pulled through. Gotta give him credit there.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Okay I’ve come around.  He struggles early but I thought Raimann got better late.  I’d try this line:  Raimann, Nelson, Pinter, Kelly, and Smith.  That might be the best group.

I said to keep him in the game, best to just let him take his licking and improve his game. Best way for him to do that is just keep him playing.

Just now, Happy2BeHere said:

I am happy for Alec, that kid is going to be special. Outside of him and the defense...fire reich and fire Ballard I want them both gone still ASAP! Now's the time to do it. Players are happy they won, put a new coach in there who can ride their momentum and actually do something with them.

I don’t understand how other teams have players like Campbell and can get them sweeps and screens and easy catches where they can work in space but we can’t. Matt Ryan is a turn over machine like none other…. Like take a short sack instead of turning around and running away like it’s madden , he know he slow as a snail taking 18 yard sacks and stuff

5 minutes ago, DiogoSales said:

Yeap, kwitty may never be the pass rush we expect, but the guy is a monster setting egde

He's on pace for around 10 sacks this year. He came in completely raw as a pass rusher his rookie year last year. I say that's pretty good progress.

15 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Gilmore looking like a very good FA signing by Ballard. 

Folks never mention this...

Gilmore has been Mr. Consistency. Every single game. Totally stud. 

Haven't had a CB like him in soooooo long. Can't remember TBH. 

But hey... fire Ballard. 

17 minutes ago, Solon said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuw5yrTKUT0DfJGlf6i7V

Defense played their hearts out. Chris Strausser needs to be fired. Teams are literally running the same stunt game to game and we can still can't figure it out.

Our OL is allergic to twists and stunts. 

Shouldn't be surprised though. 3 guys in different positions. Surprised wasn't worse. It was bad, but could be worse.  

14 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Ryan should still be benched. He is just so bad.

This isn’t Reich. Reich typically had high scoring offenses. The oline is not great but Ryan is making it look worse.

But there is no improvement 

You bench Ryan, I promise you the results with Nick and Sam are worse.

The fact that you still think anybody besides the OL themselves is making them look worse by routinely letting people get by them and getting confused by every DL stunt is wild.

Ryan sucked, but who wouldn't with that OL

Archived