Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Game 2: Colts @Jaguars, Sun, Sept. 18, 2022, 1PM

NFLfan

1 minute ago, Flash7 said:

I'm really into working out and losing weight. I set my DVR to record the Biggest Loser and it started recording the Colts game! Hahaha.

Throw your DVR out of the window and watch BiggestvLosser live instead of Colts... It's way better to loose weight than. Cokts game only puts you under stress, and stress causes belly fat(proved, because of cortisol) 

This team really is unbelieveable. I’m sure we will get better as the season goes on but they stink. Legitimately stink. It’s hilarious how we have 100 million in the oline and they can’t block anybody. Wrs stink but we already knew that. Defense is the same soft garbage we’ve come accustomed too. Pash rush? Lol. Cmon son 

every week its the same issues   no pass rush  no pass protection and no wrs getting open .  i just dont know how anyone watches these games and says colts are loaded with talent .   dan dakich is right even grigsons roster would win games without luck .  with josh freeman we were blowing teams out and with matt hasslebeck winning games . 

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Curious... do you think play calling is good when early reads are mostly Hines, Granson, and Patmon. 

IMO, the WRs have been open. But felt the lions share was drawn up for short stuff. And why Patmon as an early read... 

And why not Parris on outside and slants... 

And another Hines... 

East, I would agree that Reich has more than his fair share of faults.  Your points are 100% valid, but as you know a HC will  only go so far as the talent on the roster.  To be clear, I am not sold on him at all as coach that can lead this team to a higher level.

However, I see this team having serious talent issues at critical positions that typically leverage wins and that to me is a Chris Ballard issue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Deja but all over again. Really like Ballard’s talent evaluation, and hate his roster construction / cap management.  For A GM that has put so much emphasis on OL/DL as the team foundation - the play has been less than impressive in terms of generating a pass rush and protecting the QB - at least so far. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

What??????? 

Sorry I meant to say how come Ballard hang on to Reich for this long if he was not his first option. Is Irsay forcing him to keep Reich? I mean after last year collapse it was obvious Reich and his team preparation and look at this year. If we compare 1st half of each of game this year we have total of 3 points. 

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Ballard and Reich can’t be defended anymore. It’s probably time to clean house and start over with a young QB. Looking like Ryan might be one and done like all the other QB.

matt ryan even in his prime was eli manning level of QB a franchise guy who is right outside the top ten .  i dont know why adding him at 37 the colts thought all the problems of last year would be fixed .   at least get him some wrs or something to help cant have him running for his life with no weapons

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Ballard and Reich can’t be defended anymore. It’s probably time to clean house and start over with a young QB. Looking like Ryan might be one and done like all the other QB.

I feel sorry for him he came here thinking he’d have a Solid OL yet it’s looking like the Falcons OL he played with.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

At least WA is losing 22-0 lol.....

Lawrence on track .... 120 Passer Rating.

You just new TL was going to turn the corner eventually. With that being said, the AFC has Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Burrow and Lawrence to contend with the next decade. We got Ryan. lol

7 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If we get blown out. If I am Irsay, I fire Ballard right on the spot. 

Chris Ballard selling Irsay those wolf tickets. Smooth talker who can't get on the field results  Reich will be fired before Ballard. If Colts fail this season...Reich is gone and Ballard is on the hot seat.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

no the ballard apologist will just turn on frank and protect their hero ballard ......    the team doesnt have the talent level many think they do moore is horrible buckner is no where to be found most of the games smith and kelly are duds . 

Its easier to change a coach at the end of the season than to change a roster.  Remember that.

3 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Deja but all over again. Really like Ballard’s talent evaluation, and hate his roster construction / cap management.  For A GM that has put so much emphasis on OL/DL as the team foundation - the play has been less than impressive in terms of generating a pass rush and protecting the QB - at least so far. 

That's the dagger! The thing Ballard professes and repeats over and over and over again that he values the most are among the most deficient areas of this team. 

• Like 1