Colts Texans Week 1 Predictions

danlhart87

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have to win. It's the Texans.

Colts 24

Texans 21

Think it's going to be a close game. We had their number last year, but it's the first game of the season which we generally come into looking half asleep. This offsets what would have been a lopsided win in my opinion. Still a win though.

You folks can't read or don't. The Texans are a mess from front to rear and top to bottom. This year's "ship of fools" lives for one reason and one reason only....the 2023 draft. But they beat the Rams in preseason you say!!! I gave my firstborn a Superman costume when he was six. He was thrilled beyond belief but I told him "Do not attempt to fly."  

Colts 24 

Texans 21

This game will be closer than people realize IMO. Texans will keep it close and cover the spread while the Colts get a 4th quarter victory. I don't think this team is as ready as people give it credit for. We'll play a decent game, and hopefully be in tune for Jax in week 2.

Defense hasn't looked good. I can see Mills taking what we give him while they run the ball on us with that Pierce kid. I think we're going to come out of week 1 with the W, finally, but not feeling especially good about the team. I think we'll be able to get the turnovers needed to put it away, but it won't be pretty.

13 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Colts 24 

Texans 21

This game will be closer than people realize IMO. Texans will keep it close and cover the spread while the Colts get a 4th quarter victory. I don't think this team is as ready as people give it credit for. We'll play a decent game, and hopefully be in tune for Jax in week 2.

I have it at 30-20, we won't blow them out but should win by 7-10 points. The Jacks game at Jacks will be real close IMO but I think we can end that jinx. 

14 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Colts 24 

Texans 21

I will be selling torches and pitchforks ... just in case.

19 hours ago, DiogoSales said:

I'm not impressed with pre season so far, but we have more talent almost everywhere, if we get outcoached by Lovie Smith, than Frank is in trouble.

p.s. I can't even follow preseason anymore. Why we start starters week 1 but not home preseason opener? I missed the 1st game and though oh I'll be able to check in on Sat. But no starters? lol I cant judge pre season at ALL!

On 8/20/2022 at 1:43 PM, danlhart87 said:

Colts 17

Texans 20

I’m also a bit nervous about this team getting off to a slow start yet again this year. One of the things I haven’t liked about Reich. I feel HC is the key area holding this team back along with longterm franchise QB obviously. 

On 8/20/2022 at 10:00 PM, CheezyColt said:

Defense hasn't looked good. I can see Mills taking what we give him while they run the ball on us with that Pierce kid. I think we're going to come out of week 1 with the W, finally, but not feeling especially good about the team. I think we'll be able to get the turnovers needed to put it away, but it won't be pretty.

The starters have barely even played and theres been no game planning. I wouldnt read too much into what the defense looks like.

47 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I’m also a bit nervous about this team getting off to a slow start yet again this year. One of the things I haven’t liked about Reich. I feel HC is the key area holding this team back along with longterm franchise QB obviously. 

Get a grip on reality.
 A new QB every year and a very young team. It is pretty amazing he is 37-28.

We are JUST NOW building our team with Ballards players with 3-4 years of NFL experience and playing together. Even we we are now we are still a little young across the board.
 Again, a new QB, a number of very young inexperienced players that will need half a season + to sharpen their knowledge of the system. This is true for most all teams... that is why the NFL is such a mystery.

23 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Get a grip on reality.
 A new QB every year and a very young team. It is pretty amazing he is 37-28.

We are JUST NOW building our team with Ballards players with 3-4 years of NFL experience and playing together. Even we we are now we are still a little young across the board.
 Again, a new QB, a number of very young inexperienced players that will need half a season + to sharpen their knowledge of the system. This is true for most all teams... that is why the NFL is such a mystery.

9 years in a row is a long time for losing the first game of the season.   Not sure what the common denominator is.  

On 8/20/2022 at 4:10 PM, AustinnKaine said:

Colts 24

Texans 21

Closer game than most expect. 

Marlon Mack goes for over 100 yards.

I would be thrilled with a Colts win and the ONLY Texan that played great was Mack.

Texans finish with 166 total yards and Mack accounts for 165 of them. That doesn't seem unreasonable.

Archived