Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you re-sign Rock after season?

Restinpeacesweetchloe

24 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Rock is elgible for a contract extension after the season. Would you re-sign him after season or want to see him do it again next season?

Id like to re-sign Rock this off-season, but I think it depends on what he’d be asking for?   If it’s a number that we like, then yes.  But if he’s asking for too much at this point, then make him earn it with another good year. 

His will be an interesting contract to watch this off-season. 

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

If we wait and he is just as good could cost us more.

I think he’s a guy you take that chance on.  You can’t re-sign everyone a year early.  I also doubt his price is going to go up that much with another good year unless he becomes a shut down corner which I don’t think will happen.  

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I think he’s a guy you take that chance on.  You can’t re-sign everyone a year early.  I also doubt his price is going to go up that much with another good year unless he becomes a shut down corner which I don’t think will happen.  

I agree with salary cap keep going up to wait. I like the leadership he is bringing too. Rhodes has played better and seems healthy. I wouldn’t be mad if they brought him back as the vet and continue to split with Rodgers and let Rodgers keep developing.

Just now, Wentzszn said:

I agree with salary cap keep going up to wait. I like the leadership he is bringing too. Rhodes has played better and seems healthy. I wouldn’t be mad if they brought him back as the vet and continue to split with Rodgers and let Rodgers keep developing.

I don’t see Rhodes back.  He’s been too hurt and he’s not getting any younger and most importantly Rodgers has stepped up.  I wouldn’t be shocked to see the Colts draft a corner with their round two or three picks to protect themselves in case they let Rock go or Rodgers takes a step back.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t see Rhodes back.  He’s been too hurt and he’s not getting any younger and most importantly Rodgers has stepped up.  I wouldn’t be shocked to see the Colts draft a corner with their round two or three picks to protect themselves in case they let Rock go or Rodgers takes a step back.

I don't know. LT is still a major need along with getting Wentz more weapons.

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Yes LT and WR would probably be in the mix for those spots too as well as Safety and maybe even a pass covering linebacker.  Lots of ways the Colts could go early.  I wouldn’t even rule out another pass rusher if one is there or tightend depending on what happens with Mac and Doyle this off-season.  It all depends on how the draft falls, free agency moves, etc.

7 hours ago, CR91 said:

You’re right, but I’m not ready to give up on Fisher yet either.  

A good LT FA is going to cost a bundle.  I’d prefer they keep Fisher and draft a developmental guy in the 3rd.  

I also have faith in Ballard, so whichever way he goes is good with me.  

8 hours ago, CR91 said:

Very true. I’d do the following:

1. FA WR

2. FA TE

3. FA FS

3. Priority draft picks: 

a. LT

b. WR

c. CB

4. Wait on Rock’s extension.

I've always liked him.  Even when he began his career being a bit handsy.  He hits as hard as any cb out there and plays tough.  I think he's really starting to come on.

I'd pay him and I'd even pay a little extra for potential and to show the team that they value their own and pay their own.

I

Across the board on our CB's, Rock had definitely improved over last year, Rogers has showed up as fairly dependable, Kenny Moore ought to be in the pro bowl, TJ Carrie is sufficient as a backup, but I wouldn't rely on him, and Rhodes is on the downside and is probably not the best CB on the team anymore.

Going into next year, I definitely re-sign Rock (but not to a long contract), bring back Rogers, Moore, and Carrie, and allow Rhodes to walk.  I also want to draft a CB, but will have to see how the draft falls, since we don't have a 1st round, and we also have continuing needs and limited draft opportunities for WR and LT.

9 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Rock is elgible for a contract extension after the season. Would you re-sign him after season or want to see him do it again next season?

I would. He seems to be having a quietly solid year. But I’m not giving him 3-5 years. I’m giving him maybe 2

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If there is a window being established for a team with QB stability, it is now and if there is an off season to go after a few free agents, it is also this one.

Agreed

9 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

I would think they will have full confidence in him going forward.

And at some point, likely prior to the FA signing period, get some numbers from his agent. And at min. a 4 year deal if they sign him this year or next.

8 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Oh gosh he is at the end of year 3 too. Forgot about that.

kari willis is also  we could wait another year to sign guys because the cap will keep going up each year by 20 million .  i think we still have 60 million next year plus the way ballard structured guys contracts will help lower the cap each year

4 hours ago, coming on strong said:

kari willis is also  we could wait another year to sign guys because the cap will keep going up each year by 20 million .  i think we still have 60 million next year plus the way ballard structured guys contracts will help lower the cap each year

This is exactly why we shouldn’t rush to sign players earlier than we have to.  This off-season we will have the chance to sign an impactful  FA or two and resign the impending FA’s we don’t want to lose.  The cap will be going up like you said.  No need to use it up unnecessarily.

4 hours ago, coming on strong said:

Geez I didn’t realize we had these 3.  I say wait.

On 12/20/2021 at 9:41 AM, Hoose said:

Very true. I’d do the following:

1. FA WR

2. FA TE

3. FA FS

3. Priority draft picks: 

a. LT

b. WR

c. CB

4. Wait on Rock’s extension.

Not sure our cap space will allow much in the free agent market.  

Archived