Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wentz Injury Thread

runthepost

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well my post about Eason was mainly about a few in here just think he can come right in and start and be good. That is what I am doubting. If Ballard and Reich thought that was the case, he would've been our starter this season. Maybe that clarifies my post better. I never said Eason should start or even would be bad.

Yeah I guess my point is I don’t think the Colts thought that even if some fans do but I get what you are saying.  

2 hours ago, MPStack said:

His best ball was in 2017 and that was a long time ago. I was always “meh”. 

Excited to see Eason get his reps in. 

I saw that today and it was not pretty.  Eason has a long ways to go.  I think he is several years away from being a backup.

6 minutes ago, ColtMan said:

I saw that today and it was not pretty.  Eason has a long ways to go.  I think he is several years away from being a backup.

Hypothetically lets say Eason has to be our starter. Look I don't know much about Eason regarding him being able to play at the NFL Level, nobody does. So he is impossible to rank or say things like he will be bad or good. We can only form opinions for now. Having said that does anyone think he can even be better than Brissett, just asking? You seen how this forum ripped Brissett apart and he was average as a starter, he didn't stink. He even had a couple of great games as a starter and was 7-7. If Eason starts and plays bad for 2 or 3 games I see this forum doing this School Fall Down GIF by Vanderbilt University

51 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why the Sad faces, cheer up and look at the bright side, at least we didn't trade our whole team away like the Cubs did today lmao . Hopefully Wentz will be fine but who knows if he will be? You guys already know the organization won't tell us anything either for a while, so be patient.

What hurts is that the Cubs are my baseball team. Talk about adding insult to injury :facepalm:.  I was having flash backs to the day Grigson cut our jersey collection after the team let Peyton go.  Oh well at least the US has Caleb Dressel and Katie Ledecky.

11 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

What hurts is that the Cubs are my baseball team. Talk about adding insult to injury :facepalm:.  I was having flash backs to the day Grigson cut our jersey collection after the team let Peyton go.  Oh well at least the US has Caleb Dressel and Katie Ledecky.

Yeah I work nights and woke up to Bryant and Baez being traded, I was shocked Baez got traded and Bryant was our best player and just a great guy. At least we finally won a WS in 2016 with those players, so Cubs fans don't have to hear that 108 year crap anymore lmao . I hated see Rizzo go as well. I have been a Cubs fan for 37 years much like the Colts. Anyway I was like at least I have football to look forward too, then I read about Wentz. I almost just went back to bed.

35 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I work nights and woke up to Bryant and Baez being traded, I was shocked Baez got traded and Bryant was our best player and just a great guy. At least we finally won a WS in 2016 with those players, so Cubs fans don't have to hear that 108 year crap anymore lmao . I hated see Rizzo go as well. I have been a Cubs fan for 37 years much like the Colts. Anyway I was like at least I have football to look forward too, then I read about Wentz. I almost just went back to bed.

Yeah, I'm a huge Cubs fan to and this hurt me but maybe there's a method to the madness I hope anyway. 

IMO if Wentz can't go, we should stick with the young guys. We are not good enough roster to be competitive with the players who are available on the market in August. Nick Foles or Andy Dalton are not going to bring us much closer to championship. Save the draft capital, give Eason and Ehlinger a chance to prove they can or cannot play... Especially with the looming elephant in the room decision next off-season.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will tell you what would be crazy, if we get Nick Foles and he plays great with Wentz injured again. 

What the heck.

The irony alone would make it worthwhile.

At this point.... whatever... i’ll just “roll” with whoever the stick back there.

Maybe let Q try running the wildcat.  After the last year and a half,i’m up for just about anything.  Bring it on.... surprise me..... i dare ya Ballard.

25 minutes ago, stitches said:

IMO if Wentz can't go, we should stick with the young guys. We are not good enough roster to be competitive with the players who are available on the market in August. Nick Foles or Andy Dalton are not going to bring us much closer to championship. Save the draft capital, give Eason and Ehlinger a chance to prove they can or cannot play... Especially with the looming elephant in the room decision next off-season.

Andy Dalton is with the Bears. Other than that, I agree with your post.

Wentz losing training camp will have a lasting effect all season long. I had no concerns with his ability and felt this offense would bring out the best in Wentz.  Injuries were my only concern but didn’t think it would happen this fast. Hopefully it’s an aberration and not foreshadowing of what’s to come.  Time for Eason to do his job and figure it out until Wentz is ready.  

9 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

It's funny how everyone talks about how stacked of a team this is, but when a injury prone QB gets hurt its the end of the world. 

People are forgetting Ballard drafted 2 QBs? It's not like they're 7th rounders either. 

i agree in 2019 we were multiple missed kicks away from being 9-7 with horrible QB play with practice squad wrs rotating in  with a 19th ranked defense .   this year we are a much better team worst case scenario if eason can manage 150 passing yards a game like jacoby we should be at least competitive the first two games of the season

22 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i agree in 2019 we were multiple missed kicks away from being 9-7 with horrible QB play with practice squad wrs rotating in  with a 19th ranked defense .   this year we are a much better team worst case scenario if eason can manage 150 passing yards a game like jacoby we should be at least competitive the first two games of the season

Yep I not worried 

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hypothetically lets say Eason has to be our starter. Look I don't know much about Eason regarding him being able to play at the NFL Level, nobody does. So he is impossible to rank or say things like he will be bad or good. We can only form opinions for now. Having said that does anyone think he can even be better than Brissett, just asking? You seen how this forum ripped Brissett apart and he was average as a starter, he didn't stink. He even had a couple of great games as a starter and was 7-7. If Eason starts and plays bad for 2 or 3 games I see this forum doing this School Fall Down GIF by Vanderbilt University

Yes, the sky will be falling.  And I agree, we can’t tell how good he will be at this point.  I just don’t think very many realize how far he still has to go to be back up level qb.

1 hour ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Wentz losing training camp will have a lasting effect all season long. I had no concerns with his ability and felt this offense would bring out the best in Wentz.  Injuries were my only concern but didn’t think it would happen this fast. Hopefully it’s an aberration and not foreshadowing of what’s to come.  Time for Eason to do his job and figure it out until Wentz is ready.  

lasting effect

injuries happen this fast

foreshadowing of what's to come

Prayers for you, that you can be hopeful in your days.

9 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

I wonder if he torn his planter fascia which would be a minimum of 3 to 6 weeks and he would have to deal with some pain with different shoes and tape around his foot when he comes back.  

I feel like this would be worse than season ending.

2 hours ago, stitches said:

I agree. This team have been going through QB roulette for the last couple of years and now I think it is time to just let it play out. If the season goes down I flames, we will be drafting high enough to have a chance to pick up a decent long term answer at QB if Wentz won’t work out because of injuries (multiple). The team must be tired of having to integrate a new QB each new season. 

Having said that I would hope that Wentz will only miss a couple of games, at the most.

If Wentz misses significant time, I hope Ehlinger gets a strong look. Obviously I just hope we start whoever gives us the best chance to win. Eason is definitely superior in arm talent, no question. I watch a lot of college ball, though, and Ehlinger is a gamer. He’s extremely good in clutch situations. I really think he could surprise some people. 

10 minutes ago, C_Lew said:

If Wentz misses significant time, I hope Ehlinger gets a strong look. Obviously I just hope we start whoever gives us the best chance to win. Eason is definitely superior in arm talent, no question. I watch a lot of college ball, though, and Ehlinger is a gamer. He’s extremely good in clutch situations. I really think he could surprise some people. 

I came here to say this. If Eason isn't showing any kind of presence outside of being a big arm, it may just be that Sam Ehlinger pips him to the job.

I'm less concerned about Wentz in some ways (not health) and more concerned about others not getting used to him. He's going to do what he does, he'll probably rely on the run game more at the start of the season, but no one else is going to be in sync with him..

10 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I'm less concerned about Wentz in some ways (not health) and more concerned about others not getting used to him. He's going to do what he does, he'll probably rely on the run game more at the start of the season, but no one else is going to be in sync with him..

Yep. It’s more about team chemistry. 

Watch out Eason here comes Donald  if Wentz isn’t back.

5 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Yep. It’s more about team chemistry. 

100%

5 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

ZWatch out Eason here comes Darnold if Wentz isn’t back.

Nah. The Panthers just traded to get him and I don't see us giving up draft capital for a short term bandaid.

Wonder how much this will limit easons time in preseason games. He needs all the work but if he starts week one you don’t want him to get hurt.

We might have to sign a QB just as a camp body and for preseason games.

Just now, Shive said:

100%

Nah. The Panthers just traded to get him and I don't see us giving up draft capital for a short term bandaid.

Woops Damn I do that every time lol.

Just now, Wentzszn said:

Wonder how much this will limit easons time in preseason games. He needs all the work but if he starts week one you don’t want him to get hurt.

We might have to sign a QB just as a camp body and for preseason games.

I doubt they'll put Wentz on PUP or IR if he could possibly be back in the first few weeks of the season, so they may roll with the guys they have just due to roster space. Maybe if they aren't happy with Moton, they waive him and bring in a journeyman like a Ryan Finley or Matt Barkley.

Good thing this happened now with six weeks until the first game and not at the end of camp. Job now is for Eason to improve every day in camp and be ready to start that first game.  Wentz can still help him prepare once he has his procedure. 

Maybe we use Sam too to create different looks in the red zone with his mobility.

Its going to most likely be a shaky start to the season with this team not having Wentz all TC. Going to suck if we miss the playoffs because of this. Defense needs to play lights out and no covid.

3 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

Just imagine how many guys will get hurt in practice  when they hit with the pads on. This team year after year must lead the league in injuries.

The last two TC we have actually had really good luck with very few coming out of TC. Reich adjusted things after 2018 where we had a ton of injuries before the season started.  The goal should always be to come out of TC healrhy. 

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

If wentz needs surgery no vet is gonna wanna play a week or two and get cut , unless he is terrible 

This should be correct, but it's an opportunity for someone like RG3 to rehab the idea that he could be a backup.

Someone will want the gig if it's available. I'd rather just look at Eason tbh, he could be the future even if the odds aren't great on that front. I dig his arm and I'm guessing if he leaned on the run game and the D showed up, he could manage a W against a mediocre team, unfortunately the Colts don't have any of those to start the season. 

The already very tough schedule just got tougher. With so much talent on the team it is a waste not to have a top rated QB to et them over the top. I am not saying Wentz is or was the answer but Ballard is going to have to pull a Criss Angel to resolve the QB position.

Archived