Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wentz Injury Thread


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

 

 

Its going to most likely be a shaky start to the season with this team not having Wentz all TC. Going to suck if we miss the playoffs because of this. Defense needs to play lights out and no covid.

 

 

It's coming... "Gotta bad feeling about this"

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

If he has to miss time not many vets out there to back up Eason/ Sam winner. Blake Bortles best of a shaky lot, Ryan Finley ...ugh, Brett Hundley ...no thanks, Matt Barkley....pass

I still say no thanks but he now has his shot to show I was wrong

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm still reeling from this tbh.  Some notes on the previous pages I just read through...

 

First off none of us know what they have in Eason.  There was no camp last year at least in terms of people outside the team seeing what was going on at practice.  He's an enormous question mark.  So I have no reason to condemn the guy nor do I have reason to think he can take the reins of a playoff roster.  If that point comes where they know Wentz will miss considerable time it follows that there's a good chance they make a move for another QB.  That of course comes down to what they think of Eason in-house and to date all we know is they weren't comfortable going with him some months back when they made the trade for Wentz.  And this is why I say there's a good chance but hopefully it won't come to that.

 

Secondly if I'm Wentz I would be very aware of what people say about me and the injuries.  Which means if I have a broken bone or two in my foot I'm still gonna play.  Wrap that thing until it looks like a damn cinder block I am playing.  Period.  This is a moment where a playoff team is depending on him.  So I am expecting that he fights through it to play as soon as he possibly can maybe even with a boot or oversized shoe or something.

 

Lastly if Wentz misses the season we still might make the playoffs.  Still might win a nice number of games behind a strong run game and complementary defense.  But it is unlikely we find the balance required to be an elite team.  It is what it is.  Which is why I'm still reeling from this.  Injuries man, they're the worst.  Up until I hear that he's done for the season though I am going to maintain hope.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Boondoggle said:

I'm still reeling from this tbh.  Some notes on the previous pages I just read through...

 

First off none of us know what they have in Eason.  There was no camp last year at least in terms of people outside the team seeing what was going on at practice.  He's an enormous question mark.  So I have no reason to condemn the guy nor do I have reason to think he can take the reins of a playoff roster.  If that point comes where they know Wentz will miss considerable time it follows that there's a good chance they make a move for another QB.  That of course comes down to what they think of Eason in-house and to date all we know is they weren't comfortable going with him some months back when they made the trade for Wentz.  And this is why I say there's a good chance but hopefully it won't come to that.

 

Secondly if I'm Wentz I would be very aware of what people say about me and the injuries.  Which means if I have a broken bone or two in my foot I'm still gonna play.  Wrap that thing until it looks like a damn cinder block I am playing.  Period.  This is a moment where a playoff team is depending on him.  So I am expecting that he fights through it to play as soon as he possibly can maybe even with a boot or oversized shoe or something.

 

Lastly if Wentz misses the season we still might make the playoffs.  Still might win a nice number of games behind a strong run game and complementary defense.  But it is unlikely we find the balance required to be an elite team.  It is what it is.  Which is why I'm still reeling from this.  Injuries man, they're the worst.  Up until I hear that he's done for the season though I am going to maintain hope.

If Wentz has broken bones he won't have a choice.  The team won't let him play

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

So no updates today?

 

Judge Judy Reaction GIF

I saw Irsay is supposed to talk to the media today on Twitter I am guessing you’ll get your update then.  Still if they are waiting on a doctor to look at his x-rays and MRI which was the plan last night they might not have much of an update until the doctor figures out how to treat Wentz.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Boondoggle said:

I'm still reeling from this tbh.  Some notes on the previous pages I just read through...

 

First off none of us know what they have in Eason.  There was no camp last year at least in terms of people outside the team seeing what was going on at practice.  He's an enormous question mark.  So I have no reason to condemn the guy nor do I have reason to think he can take the reins of a playoff roster.  If that point comes where they know Wentz will miss considerable time it follows that there's a good chance they make a move for another QB.  That of course comes down to what they think of Eason in-house and to date all we know is they weren't comfortable going with him some months back when they made the trade for Wentz.  And this is why I say there's a good chance but hopefully it won't come to that.

 

Secondly if I'm Wentz I would be very aware of what people say about me and the injuries.  Which means if I have a broken bone or two in my foot I'm still gonna play.  Wrap that thing until it looks like a damn cinder block I am playing.  Period.  This is a moment where a playoff team is depending on him.  So I am expecting that he fights through it to play as soon as he possibly can maybe even with a boot or oversized shoe or something.

 

Lastly if Wentz misses the season we still might make the playoffs.  Still might win a nice number of games behind a strong run game and complementary defense.  But it is unlikely we find the balance required to be an elite team.  It is what it is.  Which is why I'm still reeling from this.  Injuries man, they're the worst.  Up until I hear that he's done for the season though I am going to maintain hope.

Yeah no team doctor in their right mind is going to clear the franchise QB to play with broken bones in his foot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Then why did they trade for him to begin with?

Because it would be nice. 

 

If Reich wasn't here, do you think Wentz would be?

29 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I was right. This new QB had nothing to do with Wentz injury.

 

 

They knew Wentz would be "injured"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah no team doctor in their right mind is going to clear the franchise QB to play with broken bones in his foot.

IDK. QBs have played with all kinds of foot injuries including broken bones. Really depends on what bones, and if the injury can worsen. Big Ben played with a broken foot. Heck, even McNabb played on a broken ankle. I few guys played with broken legs lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I saw Irsay is supposed to talk to the media today on Twitter I am guessing you’ll get your update then.  Still if they are waiting on a doctor to look at his x-rays and MRI which was the plan last night they might not have much of an update until the doctor figures out how to treat Wentz.

If Irsay is speaking, the news is likely IR, best case PUP

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How’s this for a twist? 
 

Wentz to IR, we get our first back, which we trade to Houston along with a ton of others for Deshawn Watson. Eagles fans riot and burn down Philly as the Colts win the super bowl haha

 

 

yeah I may or may not have had a few too many shots already

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

Well nuts to that. We're too good of a team to be that bad..

If it is a season ender (which I still say is way too early to say that) I’d agree the Colts are better team than they were when they had Painter as QB but I still think they would struggle.  Teams were already going to sit on the run and make you throw to beat them now until Eason makes them back off teams aren’t going to play any other way vs them.

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

How’s this for a twist? 
 

Wentz to IR, we get our first back, which we trade to Houston along with a ton of others for Deshawn Watson. Eagles fans riot and burn down Philly as the Colts win the super bowl haha

 

 

yeah I may or may not have had a few too many shots already

I know you are joking but there is a better chance of Andrew Luck coming back than the Texans trading Watson within the division and most likely the conference.  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

 

I know you are joking but there is a better chance of Andrew Luck coming back than the Texans trading Watson within the division and most likely the conference.  

IDK. Texans IIRC are asking for 5 early picks, and would likely dump him anywhere if someone would meet their asking price. They'll never get that though given his legal issues. Even the Broncos backed off their interest I think.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

If it is a season ender (which I still say is way too early to say that) I’d agree the Colts are better team than they were when they had Painter as QB but I still think they would struggle.  Teams were already going to sit on the run and make you throw to beat them now until Eason makes them back off teams aren’t going to play any other way vs them.

I know you are joking but there is a better chance of Andrew Luck coming back than the Texans trading Watson within the division and most likely the conference.  

Oh I’m definitely joking. No way a team trades a kings ransom with his legal issues

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

IDK. QBs have played with all kinds of foot injuries including broken bones. Really depends on what bones, and if the injury can worsen. Big Ben played with a broken foot. Heck, even McNabb played on a broken ankle. I few guys played with broken legs lol. 


I’m not saying Wentz is weak but he doesn’t strike me as a guy that has high pain tolerance. Rivers played through a painful grade 3 turf toe that needed surgery. That goes for most guys in the league though not just Wentz.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JediXMan said:


I’m not saying Wentz is weak but he doesn’t strike me as a guy that has high pain tolerance. Rivers played through a painful grade 3 turf toe that needed surgery. That goes for most guys in the league though not just Wentz.

Rivers played with an ACL too. 

 

Not sure anyone knows Wentz's pain tolerance. He's a MW guy who hunts and loves the outdoors, so the stereotype would suggest he's not weenie. 

 

I'm guessing that Anderson looking at the scans likely means they are trying to determine if surgery is required. Only guessing, but if that's the case, I'd almost prefer a conservative approach (surgery and not rushing him). I just don't want a hobbled QB out there struggling in year one, and I don't want to give up a 1st for a hobbled guy either.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Rivers played with an ACL too. 

 

Not sure anyone knows Wentz's pain tolerance. He's a MW guy who hunts and loves the outdoors, so the stereotype would suggest he's not weenie. 

 

I'm guessing that Anderson looking at the scans likely means they are trying to determine if surgery is required. Only guessing, but if that's the case, I'd almost prefer a conservative approach (surgery and not rushing him). I just don't want a hobbled QB out there struggling in year one, and I don't want to give up a 1st for a hobbled guy either.

John Elway played his entire career with a torn ACL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, JediXMan said:


I’m not saying Wentz is weak but he doesn’t strike me as a guy that has high pain tolerance. Rivers played through a painful grade 3 turf toe that needed surgery. That goes for most guys in the league though not just Wentz.

Rivers is old school though.

 

Rivers would want to go back in the game playing on a bloody stump

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, JediXMan said:


I’m not saying Wentz is weak but he doesn’t strike me as a guy that has high pain tolerance. Rivers played through a painful grade 3 turf toe that needed surgery. That goes for most guys in the league though not just Wentz.

Apparently, he played the entire TC on it.  I think he's out because the staff wants to know the extent of the injury and that playing on it might exacerbate the condition.

 

It doesn't sound like he's not playing because he's in too much pain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Wentz is only projected to miss two or three games we will roll win what we have.

 

If Wentz is projected to miss half the season then I would not rule out Foles to at least back up Eason in case he looks bad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I saw Irsay is supposed to talk to the media today on Twitter I am guessing you’ll get your update then.  Still if they are waiting on a doctor to look at his x-rays and MRI which was the plan last night they might not have much of an update until the doctor figures out how to treat Wentz.

No it's past 48hrs they know the diagnosis already. Maybe not the treatment play, but they know if something is broke or if ligaments and tissues are out place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

If Wentz is only projected to miss two or three games we will roll win what we have.

 

If Wentz is projected to miss half the season then I would not rule out Foles to at least back up Eason in case he looks bad. 

 

I'm more curious if he is out for 4 weeks and we are sitting at 2-2, do we bring him back or slow play it 2 more weeks to keep our 1st rounder

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

 

I'm more curious if he is out for 4 weeks and we are sitting at 2-2, do we bring him back or slow play it 2 more weeks to keep our 1st rounder

 

What would you do if you were in charge and that situation came up?

.... would you rather be 2-4 with a 1st round pick OR 4-2 and a 2nd round pick??? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

Wentz may be actually going.  to see this doc in person. That might be why we haven’t heard anything yet.

how would that help though ?   if a doctor has a xray and mri to look at why would he need to see wentz in person to diagnose him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

If Wentz has broken bones he won't have a choice.  The team won't let him play

That's a really big assumption tbh.  I'm no doctor but generally foot injuries are about what pain can you take.  If he's got some chickenbones up in his feet that have slight fractures or something will the doc refuse to let him play?  Especially if he's on a mission to show he can play through injury and debunk his history?  I doubt it.

 

Also at this point I'm just trying to be hopeful.  I almost don't want to nuke that and find out you are right.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

how would that help though ?   if a doctor has a xray and mri to look at why would he need to see wentz in person to diagnose him

Well a physical examination is probably pretty important. Range of motion and where is pain is at ect. There was conflicting reports. One said he had to go see him another said that the dr had to review his scans. Maybe they wanted to review his scans in person with him there.  I am sure they have already diagnosed what is wrong now they just need a treatment plan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

how would that help though ?   if a doctor has a xray and mri to look at why would he need to see wentz in person to diagnose him

Because doctors tend to like to see a patient in person before making a decision on how to proceed.  X-rays and mri’s tell you a lot but they do have limitations and before you commit to a treatment plan to your franchise QB, especially if it’s surgery, you probably want to him to see the doctor if he absolutely needs surgery and there is no other option.

 

With that said everyone probably just needs to take a deep breath and wait for the report to come out (some media member will find out they always do but more than likely the team is going to say something at some point.) and stop jumping to any kind of conclusions.  Patience is required right now even if it’s hard.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As we know ever game is critical in our attempt to winning the division or just making the playoffs.  I can only see us starting Eason if it’s for one game or two.  They will be home games which would be a slight plus for him.  If Wentz is going to be out for more than a few games I think they will make a trade for Foles which makes the most sense considering the options currently available on other teams.  Him knowing the playbook and the Reich connection and his cost to acquire and salary all align for him being the guy.  He would then be the starter until Wentz returns.  It’s really not fair to the rest of the team to just role with Eason.  Foles would give them a much better chance to win especially when you consider our early  schedule.  I would think Ballard and Reich know that. We can not afford to get off to a bad start.  0-4 is very likely with Eason as the starter.  Here’s hoping Wentz’s injury is minor but if it’s not or he needs surgery then I hope we trade for Foles or another veteran they prefer.  Like I said no matter how much we want Eason to succeed it makes the most sense to acquire a vet who would give us the best chance to win and hold the fort until Wentz is ready to take over.  JMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also just my opinion. If he goes to see him early next week and they tell him it’s best to get the surgery I will almost bet he won’t leave Green Bay without the surgery.  He will get it examined and quickly have the surgery. They want this done quickly so he can return as soon as possible. 
 

It’s probably best to have it done and miss a few games instead of the season starting then you end up not being able to play on it and you miss two months. We are six weeks until the first game so ample time to get ir fixed right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

As we know ever game is critical in our attempt to winning the division or just making the playoffs.  I can only see us starting Eason if it’s for one game or two.  They will be home games which would be a slight plus for him.  If Wentz is going to be out for more than a few games I think they will make a trade for Foles which makes the most sense considering the options currently available on other teams.  Him knowing the playbook and the Reich connection and his cost to acquire and salary all align for him being the guy.  He would then be the starter until Wentz returns.  It’s really not fair to the rest of the team to just role with Eason.  Foles would give them a much better chance to win especially when you consider our early  schedule.  I would think Ballard and Reich know that. We can not afford to get off to a bad start.  0-4 is very likely with Eason as the starter.  Here’s hoping Wentz’s injury is minor but if it’s not or he needs surgery then I hope we trade for Foles or another veteran they prefer.  Like I said no matter how much we want Eason to succeed it makes the most sense to acquire a vet who would give us the best chance to win and hold the fort until Wentz is ready to take over.  JMO.

I agree. If there is a chance wenhz misses half the season they need to make that trade. Doesn’t mean Foles will start but he gives insurance in case Eason flops. You can quickly turn to Foles so the season is not lost. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

overreacting undercover cops GIF by Comedy.com

 

I expected nothing less than overreactions. He said he didn't even have any pain. I honestly think this is 100% prevention.

 

On the optimistic side, could simply be that he has really been taking his footwork issues seriously and is simply using his muscles in a different way than he is used to. This could actually be a good thing.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Shive changed the title to Wentz Injury Thread

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...