Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wentz Injury Thread

17 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Was hoping to get some highlight plays from practice today. I guess I'll settle for the anxious banter about Wentz. 

I mean did you guys really expect Wentz to play above the threshold for the pick next year? I immediately knew we would see some considerable play time from Eason this year. Just enough to make it a second pick,. 

What are you basing any of that on?

Kevin Bowen has a good point. He hates bandaid QB. He said they don’t lead to success. Lik Mike most of us he says the colts should role with eason if Wentz misses any regular season games. But he also said that he would bring in a vet backup.

We should be used to this by now with Manning and Luck. Mgt will tell us the proverbial 4 to 6 weeks so they can sell as many season tickets as they can...then Walla..first week or so they are put on season ending injured reserve.

Wash...rinse...repeat

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well this is a hell of way to wake up, I work nights. I wake up and the Cubs trade their entire team and Wentz is out homer simpson fall GIF

Yup lol... 

I have been expecting this from the Cubs for a while now.

At least Soccer has been going my way USW's and M's NTs.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well this is a hell of way to wake up, I work nights. I wake up and the Cubs trade their entire team and Wentz is out homer simpson fall GIF

That'll keep you well awake tonight

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Yup lol... 

Yeah pretty bad for Cubs and Colts fans! Knowing our luck, Wentz will be out for the year. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

lol.... so true

I don’t think down played Lucks injury. They  couldn’t come out and say he is struggling mentally and thinking of retiring.

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Hate to say it but Philly must he sitting back laughing if this turns out to be serious. I was all in on Wentz but if he is injured for some games how can u roll with him? U have to get Eason ready.

I doubt Philly is laughing.   If he misses too much time they get a second instead of a first.     Laughing isn't happening. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yup lol... 

Shoulda started a  retool a couple years ago.  Any insights on the haul?  Haven’t looked into it yet reading this thread.

8 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I think I might have to take a colts and Twitter break. Colts Twitter has gone mad. Suddenly the joy of the season coming is gone. So if I don’t post a lot you will no why. 

Take a few recovery days off....and don't watch any news either.

• Like 1

It seems a lot of people are overreacting when we still haven't heard what it is. It sucks that he got injured but I have faith in our team and if he misses the first couple weeks hopefully we can go at least 50-50 on win/losses with Eason and maybe we will get to keep our 1st round pick in the process. Lucky for us our offense is built off the run game so that will put less pressure on whoever is starting.

Just got to take a deep breath and don't let the ptsd of Luck's injury make us overreact.

1 hour ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

We should be used to this by now with Manning and Luck. Mgt will tell us the proverbial 4 to 6 weeks so they can sell as many season tickets as they can...then Walla..first week or so they are put on season ending injured reserve.

Wash...rinse...repeat

Voila?

4 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Our only realistic hope now is Eason is a very pleasant surprise.... That's really all we got ....

Our best hope is Wentz can play week one. Bur even if he can missing all of camp will hurt. He hasn’t had any playing time since the beginning of DEC last yesr.

48 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I think I might have to take a colts and Twitter break. Colts Twitter has gone mad. Suddenly the joy of the season coming is gone. So if I don’t post a lot you will no why. 

_xFwHg.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Shive changed the title to Wentz Injury Thread