Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

17 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Your absolutely right. Watson was the man in college.

He had just led Clemson to a national championship beating a very good Alabama team. That is no small feat to beat Alabama. 

I thought for sure he would be the first qb picked

Even more impressive was the fact that he took Clemson to back to back title games vs Alabama.  Both were 1 score games & he balled out in both.  Back to back title games and somehow you justify taking Trubisky over him...  Not only that but you trade up to do it.  As if someone was really gonna take Trubisky before they could...  I just can’t rationalize it.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Mitch was a very average qb in college on a very average UNC team. There was nothing special about him.

Then for some baffling reason, the bears gm takes him 5th overall, passing on mahommes and Watson.

Trubitsky belonged in the 3rd round. Then you would have never heard of him.

He's really a career backup but because he was picked 5th overall, he keeps getting chances. 

But he is what he is. A back up

I partially blame the Bears for their incompetence at QB. I'm thinking even they get Wentz he won't eclipse 4k yards 

38 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I remember that draft and was baffled they didn't take Watson. At the time I had no idea how great Mahomes would be, nobody did but I thought Watson would be good. So when they passed on Watson I was stunned.

Pat Kirwin did - he shared how insiders were raving, how some were saying nobody can sling it better that he can. I took note, so when KC moved up to take him, I also took notice of that.  Mahomes is no surprise to those that really paid attention.

12 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I partially blame the Bears for their incompetence at QB. I'm thinking even they get Wentz he won't eclipse 4k yards 

I know it’s partly due to injuries but Wentz has only had one 4k yard season in his career.  The Bears do have a young tight end in Kmet.  Is he ready for 100 plus targets?

6 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I know it’s partly due to injuries but Wentz has only had one 4k yard season in his career.  The Bears do have a young tight end in Kmet.  Is he ready for 100 plus targets?

Bears' receivers had 2020 discipline problems:

Wims ejected for punching vs Saints

Miller ejected for punching vs Saints(wildcard, 2021)

and Kmet was warned for punching vs Packers, though the Packers provactively seemed to be trying to injure him

38 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Pat Kirwin did - he shared how insiders were raving, how some were saying nobody can sling it better that he can. I took note, so when KC moved up to take him, I also took notice of that.  Mahomes is no surprise to those that really paid attention.

Yeah but to my point I don't think anyone said Mahomes would go to 3 straight AFC Title Games and win a SB in his 1st 3 years. Nobody would predict something like that.

32 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Sometimes people even mirror the blue check mark or sightly alter it's size to fool people.

This directed at all posters, not just Jedi...

But when the deal eventually is announced, if you have any doubts just go to the website the person represents...

Shefter at ESPN

Rappaport at NFLN

or CBS Sports

or Yahoo Sports

or NBC Sports

and on and on.   It will be on their main page.  And that will confirm for you....

2 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

Mitch was a very average qb in college on a very average UNC team. There was nothing special about him.

Then for some baffling reason, the bears gm takes him 5th overall, passing on mahommes and Watson.

Trubitsky belonged in the 3rd round. Then you would have never heard of him.

He's really a career backup but because he was picked 5th overall, he keeps getting chances. 

But he is what he is. A back up

Nothing special.

He had a 4.67 combine 40, and he had a stronger combine arm than Watson or Mahommes.

Some Chicago reporters said Pace ignored Watson because of INTs and a more slender physique, but Pace must have become spellbound, and did pay too much.

Chicago's QB coach has said that Trubisky is coachable...and that Wentz is not ! 

Teams without an obvious starting QB may include Broncos, Pats, Steelers, Football Team, Panthers, Saints, Colts, Cowboys. Then Tya, Jalen Hurts and Kyler Murray look like 'hopeful' experiments. And then, the Jets: Darnold has always had  a windup motion, he can't run as fast...and he's often injured.

If Trubisky backs up Sam in NY, it may not take him long to put down his clipboard...

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I'm not a Wentz fan but its incredible to me how everyone looks good in our jersey 

Best uni's in the league! Classic, timeless.  I wasnt a huge fan of the 2020 number style change, but considering how * all other aspects of 2020 were, it barely scratched the surface.

My take is Ballard has left an offer on Howie Roseman's desk, and isn't budging. If Ballard offered a 2nd round pick and a player to the Lions for Stafford, then I'd say Ballard has offered probably either a day 3 pick or is asking for compensation for Wentz. Obviously Roseman accepting that offer would make him look like he lost the trade, and the biggest draft pick of his GM career was ultimately a failure in Philly. Tough pill for Roseman to swallow, but were basically the only market for Wentz. The Bears rumours are all smokescreen imo.

Ultimately I think Wentz will stay at Philly.

9 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Want another Vin tweet lol. He is going to screw around and not get anything for Wentz when he decides not to show up. Time to move on.

This dude doesn’t know squat, quit quoting him and getting your hopes up already

I am done with Wentz. Let me know if he is ever traded.

Bye

HR is so dumb. He brings Wentz back and Wentz loses a QB battle or plays bad and he loses even more draft capital.

So what? Who gives a crap if HR destroys the Eagles. Not our problem 

7 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Fake

10 minutes ago, csmopar said:

And yet everything he’s posted has been proven wrong time and again. What’s the point of even reading his musings 

You don't have to read them if you don't want to, that's fine. We have discussed the Fosh post(credibility) frequently over the many pages of this thread and yet here you still are telling Chloe to quit quoting him. She has been told it's fine to keep posting them. 

Just as many posters are fine with the entertainment value and conversation our QB dilemma has brought us, at this generally slow part of the off season. 

He has been on this Eagles/Colts deal for quite a while now, even before most mainstreamers. So even with low credibility he has still been onto something.

Edit: and have they all been wrong? Can you verify that. Did Colts have a meeting yesterday? Idk, but can you prove otherwise?

Watson's ball velocity at the combine was a horrible 49mph...one of the slowest in combine history.  So pure tested arm strength may have set him back in the eyes of scouts, relative to other QBs.  Ability to throw the NFL deep out  without having to get a running start.

Also, Trubisky scored well on the athleticism tests.  And in fact, he is pretty mobile today.

They were all bunched together with some liking one over the other.  But trading up to pick #2 was an overbuy from the moment it happened.

On 2/9/2021 at 11:20 AM, stitches said:

True. But also, it's worth it. 

It sets you back but missing on DEs or CBs sets you back too. Just like Missing on all those second and third round CBs and DEs Ballard has taken has put us in a position now that we have no starting caliber DE or outside CB under contract for next year. 

yes i agree he has missed on cb, de and also some wr, he needs to do better at these positions

I already don't want Wentz, but as time keeps going by, i just really think it would be a huge mistake to trade for him.

There is way to many, less risky options out there and more popping up by the day.(Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan)

Pull our offer and move on Ballard.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

I already don't want Wentz, but as time keeps going by, i just really think it would be a huge mistake to trade for him.

There is way to many, less risky options out there and more popping up by the day.(Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan)

I would be on the phone now for Wilson. I guess the management team is not happy with his publicity.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/11/report-seahawks-management-not-happy-with-russell-wilson/

It's probably not going to happen for us, but I would absolutely take Russell. 

9 minutes ago, w87r said:

I wouldn’t pull any offer made, but I would definitely stop listening and put a time limit on it. Here’s the thing, Ballard is not the type to get in a bidding war. My guess is he made what he feels is a solid, fair offer, bears probably did the same. The offers are probably very close in value and the eagles are simply leaking all this stuff trying like hell to drive the price up. I’d bet that he’s not raised his offer at all. 

9 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I would be on the phone now for Wilson. I guess the management team is not happy with his publicity.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/11/report-seahawks-management-not-happy-with-russell-wilson/

It's probably not going to happen for us, but I would absolutely take Russell. 

Wilson has a no trade clause or so they said the other day. He can agree to waive said clause so I think that would help us out given our OL and what not. The question is why is he worth ? At least 2 1s. If not 3

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Wilson has a no trade clause or so they said the other day. He can agree to waive said clause so I think that would help us out given our OL and what not. The question is why is he worth ? At least 2 1s. If not 3

Agreed. He won't be cheap. They'd want more than what Stafford got. 

19 minutes ago, ColtsSouljah said:

Of all the "not gonna happen" scenarios, Russell Wilson being traded to the Colts is the most "not gonna happen." 

Absolutely, we don’t have the ammunition to made that kind of deal. I’m just sayin’ Russell would be a QB I’d love to have. 

Just now, krunk said:

Like i said i hope we get the trade done. I cant go with the majority of these haters. Bro has a few issues, but hes a baller.

Heres why I'd take him over Darnold or Trubisky....he's proven that he can play at an elite level and is still very young..Just have to make sure that coaching can work out any of the mental issues going on the last year.

1 minute ago, PeterBowman said:

Heres why I'd take him over Darnold or Trubisky....he's proven that he can play at an elite level and is still very young..Just have to make sure that coaching can work out any of the mental issues going on the last year.

Based on Franks commentary he thinks Wentz skill level is elite.

Archived