Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Yeah I doubt we go DE in this draft, I’m thinking we address it in FA, But we are lucky that it’s a deep LT draft from what I’ve read so far. 

edit: we’re  Lucky or good planning by the FO

I agree

Just now, pgt_rob said:

Would be amazing to grab a QB without giving up that first pick. I know Ballard will trade back to get a second round pick back. Lol

See above about the only exception I see

Now that I think about it, the thing is, if we get a veteran QB, that spells goodbye to JB.  If we go with any rookie, JB stays here.

Based on that thought alone, I've just upped my draft capital investment for Wentz, Ryan, et al, by one full round......

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I have a feeling it was the Podcast

I have a feeling Jaws has sources in the Eagles Organization

That's the way I read it.

#54 - 360pts

2022 2nd - 190pts(devalued to mid 3rd)

Future 4th - 34pts

584pts - equivalent to last pick of 1st- first pick of 2nd round.

1 minute ago, TheNextGM said:

Perfect offer.. make the trade! Keep 21.

I know people are saying CB moves back in the draft but if Pitts falls a bit I would love a trade up to get him.

He’s going to be an elite pass catching TE.

1st Round TE.

No thanks.

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

I would be okay with that comp package as a starting point, but would want another player included.

Who would be the player that would make you want to do that trade? Ertz doesn't move the needle for me at all. It's possible he's actually a negative value on his contract. Sweat? Would they be willing to put him in the trade? 

2 minutes ago, TheNextGM said:

Perfect offer.. make the trade! Keep 21.

I know people are saying CB moves back in the draft but if Pitts falls a bit I would love a trade up to get him.

He’s going to be an elite pass catching TE.

This is right. It would leave options open in case someone at 21 he really loved falls to them. Then if not he can trade back.

If it’s right the Bears have offered two two’s offers seem very similar. Then it could come down to where he wants to go.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is right. It would leave options open in case someone at 21 he really loved falls to them. Then if not he can trade back.

If it’s right the Bears have offered two two’s offers seem very similar. Then it could come down to where he wants to go.

That is if HR is pre or post visit to the Wizard Nick Chopper(Tin Man)

8 minutes ago, w87r said:

That's the way I read it.

#54 - 360pts

2022 2nd - 190pts(devalued to mid 3rd)

Future 4th - 34pts

584pts - equivalent to last pick of 1st- first pick of 2nd round.

I don't devalue future picks. 3d is a 3d. There is no good reason for future picks to be valued less than current year picks. In fact, if teams indeed work like that in the league, this should be one of the easiest ways to take advantage of GMs with old-fashioned attitudes towards assets. Pretty much every time I get such an offer I would take - this year's 3d for next year 2nd? DEAL! Over the long run you this type of deals should bring you SO MUCH value. 

1 minute ago, stitches said:

I don't devalue future picks. 3d is a 3d. There is no good reason for future picks to be valued less than current year picks. In fact, if teams indeed work like that in the league, this should be one of the easiest ways to take advantage of GMs with old-fashioned attitudes towards assets. Pretty much every time I get such an offer I would take - this year's 3d for next year 2nd? DEAL! Over the long run you this type of deals should bring you SO MUCH value. 

Agreed in theory, but at a certain point you have to pick players for them to bring you any tangible value.

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

Agreed in theory, but at a certain point you have to pick players for them to bring you any tangible value.

Well, yea... but it's unrealistic to expect to get such an offer for every single pick(i.e. you won't have to delay picking players to infinity). If you get one every year, it's a big win... and the high in the draft it is, the bigger the win. So, in reality you will be making huge majority of your picks and you will be sucking value out of the occasional desperate teams/GMs who are on the hot seat and know that if this doesn't work it won't be them missing next year's higher pick anyways. 

10 minutes ago, stitches said:

Who would be the player that would make you want to do that trade? Ertz doesn't move the needle for me at all. It's possible he's actually a negative value on his contract. Sweat? Would they be willing to put him in the trade? 

Not Ertz, I want another pick back to take Ertz. They have some athletic young players, don't know a whole lot about them but John Hightower, Davion Taylor... they also have Hakeem Butler and JJ Arcega Whiteside.

Just now, Superman said:

Not Ertz, I want another pick back to take Ertz. They have some athletic young players, don't know a whole lot about them but John Hightower, Davion Taylor... they also have Hakeem Butler and JJ Arcega Whiteside.

I said earlier I wanted Mailata but if the Colts can keep their one OT can be solved in the draft

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

HAKEEM BUTLER you say? :D I'm intrigued. But he's been cut from teams already... wonder in what state he is currently. 

16 minutes ago, krunk said:

I keep saying the colts offer is the highest one. Chicago isnt in position to be throwing away a bunch of capital in my opinion

They are desperate enough because if they don't do much next year Pace and Nagy are gonna get canned. 

Ballard isn't at the end of the line and doesn't need to make a desperation move.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

I took a nap too. Lol. When I get cold I get very sleepy.LMAO

Texas weather this week is nuts 

Earlier this week it was 75 later it will be 15

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Of course. Just gives them options.

I doubt anyone is going to actually offer better then that. May offer close to the same but not better. 

We will I’ll see if the eagles GM cracks.

Donald Glover Waiting GIF

Troy is Eagles GM

Ballard is Abed

Archived