Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First choice would be Watson. He’s young and already elite. He immediately makes us a SB contender with another good draft class on top. As long as we don’t sell the farm in order to get him.

Other than that, the 2nd choice would be trade up for one in the draft if we need to.

Basically, anyone except Brissett.

32 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

First choice would be Watson. He’s young and already elite. He immediately makes us a SB contender with another good draft class on top. As long as we don’t sell the farm in order to get him.

I'd love to have him, but we wouldn't have a draft class at all if we get him...We'd have to sell 3 farms, 2 mansions, and probably a 100 foot long yacht

I'm not saying I want Carson Wentz.  I'm saying I think Frank will request Carson Wentz.

The positives about Carson Wentz are that he already has a working relationship with Frank, and knows his system.  This can be a plus when you have an all-virtual offseason workout session.  He doesn't need to learn the system.

The negatives have already been voiced on these forums.  He's been injury prone.  He's a little punchy after getting hit too many times.  And, truth be told, he's really just not That Good.

But I have a feeling that Frank is going to want to go this direction.

I would rather have Stafford myself.

I'd also love Watson, but I'm not giving up the farm for a mobile QB who's torn 2 acl's.

I think whatever happens all depends on if Ballard is safe with Irsay. Does Jim want to win now or is he ok with some losing seasons and allows Ballard to continue adding talent until a QB is there and we just roll with whoever until that time?

If the big names aren't available I'd just throw Eason out there and see what happens.

18 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

I'm not saying I want Carson Wentz.  I'm saying I think Frank will request Carson Wentz.

The positives about Carson Wentz are that he already has a working relationship with Frank, and knows his system.  This can be a plus when you have an all-virtual offseason workout session.  He doesn't need to learn the system.

The negatives have already been voiced on these forums.  He's been injury prone.  He's a little punchy after getting hit too many times.  And, truth be told, he's really just not That Good.

But I have a feeling that Frank is going to want to go this direction.

I would rather have Stafford myself.

And Ballard will override that decision with all the talk about him being a bad teammate he doesn't fit our lockerroom. 

14 minutes ago, IinD said:

I'd also love Watson, but I'm not giving up the farm for a mobile QB who's torn 2 acl's.

I think whatever happens all depends on if Ballard is safe with Irsay. Does Jim want to win now or is he ok with some losing seasons and allows Ballard to continue adding talent until a QB is there and we just roll with whoever until that time?

If the big names aren't available I'd just throw Eason out there and see what happens.

I feel same way as you, do we just let Eason run a season and save cap space. Draft guys for depth (QB if we get the Staffs choice to land right) , sign a few CBs, a good T/G and maybe a TE. If we go 500 take a QB next draft. This would let us build a stronger more complete team and have the cap ready for when the franchise QB choice is made.

Watson would be the best option but also the most expensive. It's also the most unrealistic since the Texans are unlikely to trade him to us. 

Next best option IMO is to go get one from the draft. 

Next - Wentz and Stafford... 

The rest are various degrees of meh to "I sure hope not"

I personally think that Wentz's turnovers and erratic play was just based on him trying to be the hero, knowing that was their ONLY shot. He's not the type to play game manager. That team and specifically their protection was horrible. We could give him a top O-Line and a top running game and just tell him he can relax, and then be clutch (which he is) in the 4th if needed. This scenario is growing on me. 

2 minutes ago, 07dleigh said:

I personally think that Wentz's turnovers and erratic play was just based on him trying to be the hero, knowing that was their ONLY shot. He's not the type to play game manager. That team and specifically their protection was horrible. We could give him a top O-Line and a top running game and just tell him he can relax, and then be clutch (which he is) in the 4th if needed. This scenario is growing on me. 

call out reality check GIF by OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network

6 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I feel same way as you, do we just let Eason run a season and save cap space. Draft guys for depth (QB if we get the Staffs choice to land right) , sign a few CBs, a good T/G and maybe a TE. If we go 500 take a QB next draft. This would let us build a stronger more complete team and have the cap ready for when the franchise QB choice is made.

Yup, agreed.

No reason to force a signing if it isn't a good one. Why jump in the draft and pay if the kid (whoever it is) has a potentially high bust rate. You'll be looking for a qb again anyway.

Load up on talent because we've obviously got holes and see what happens at QB, but I just don't want them to panic and make a stupid decision.

• w87r changed the title to Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)
20 minutes ago, IinD said:

Yup, agreed.

No reason to force a signing if it isn't a good one. Why jump in the draft and pay if the kid (whoever it is) has a potentially high bust rate. You'll be looking for a qb again anyway.

Load up on talent because we've obviously got holes and see what happens at QB, but I just don't want them to panic and make a stupid decision.

Yep dont rush a guy, make the team awesome and let the right guy fall to us.  If the a potential prospect falls to us or we get who we want let him learn from Eason. We have some big names to sign and I trust Ballard to draft more to sign. Always good to have open cap space. These youngsters are gonna be battling for that paper.

I just voted but I'm still torn as heck. 

Voted other, yes wish Rivers had stayed one more year, and not sure.

None of the choices excite me. I'd love to have Watson's talent, but no way I'm mortgaging the future that much, and also don't want a player who thinks he needs to choose GMs and HCs. 

I like the thought of Stafford and Carr to an extent, but doesn't excite me.

I think I'm leaning towards signing Fitzmagic and letting him mentor and fight it out with Eason. Or just letting Eason have a go.

If we tank, we tank, and are in better draft position next year. No QBs other than Lawrence are no-brainers to me. I like the upside of Lance most, but the small school aspect scares me with high bust potential. 

Would love to have Watson but will be happy with Stafford and should be set for next 5 to 6 years if no major injury to him. Also Carr is not bad of a choice but again rather than Carr I would rather roll with Eason for a year to see worse come worse with Eason we might end up having highest draft picks next year :sarcasm:

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Tua couldn't beat out Fitzmagic.

Herbert didn’t beat out Taylor, Jackson didn’t beat out Flacco, Mahomes didn’t beat out Smith, Allen didn’t beat out Peterman. Tua is a top 10 pick in any draft.  This team would be a great spot for him and giving up a pick in the 20s would be great value.  

2 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Herbert didn’t beat out Taylor, Jackson didn’t beat out Flacco, Mahomes didn’t beat out Smith, Allen didn’t beat out Peterman. Tua is a top 10 pick in any draft.  This team would be a great spot for him and giving up a pick in the 20s would be great value.  

Maybe Reich can teach him how to throw ball over 10 yards

8 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Herbert beat out Taylor. Jackson and Mahomes showed a lot more early upside than Tua. Not even close.

Sorry man. Didn't want Tua last year, don't want him now. Never thought he'd transition well to the NFL, and I still don't. I'd rather have Darnold, and I don't even like Darnold. 

28 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I just voted but I'm still torn as heck. 

Voted other, yes wish Rivers had stayed one more year, and not sure.

None of the choices excite me. I'd love to have Watson's talent, but no way I'm mortgaging the future that much, and also don't want a player who thinks he needs to choose GMs and HCs. 

I like the thought of Stafford and Carr to an extent, but doesn't excite me.

I think I'm leaning towards signing Fitzmagic and letting him mentor and fight it out with Eason. Or just letting Eason have a go.

If we tank, we tank, and are in better draft position next year. No QBs other than Lawrence are no-brainers to me. I like the upside of Lance most, but the small school aspect scares me with high bust potential. 

There's like 18 choices in this poll.  How can you be torn?  Also, the Colts aren't tanking.

7 minutes ago, ThePowerslave said:

There's like 18 choices in this poll.  How can you be torn?  Also, the Colts aren't tanking.

But they are actually 18 realist choices at this point lol... Aside from unlock the swag, I wouldn't be shocked by any of them. 

Colts won't purposefully tank. But if they make the wrong call, tanking can happen.

8 minutes ago, HoosierHero said:

Wait you haven’t been to my house!! How did you know I have pictures of him all over the place? 

Put a sticker on your webcam dude.

5 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Here is a decent article from USA Today about possible candidates for QB in 2021 for Colts:

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/lists/nfl-colts-quarterback-draft-philip-rivers-retirement/

Wentz is not on list !!!  :scratch:

Mods, feel free to give this post it's own thread if you want to. haha

:sarcasm:

I know they have to mention Dak because he is a FA but he isn't coming here 

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I know they have to mention Dak because he is a FA but he isn't coming here 

I think Dak will be a FA in March, but Jerry is stubborn and will overpay him before he hits free agency.

Cowboys have 10th pick and need to realistically analyze if they can be a legitimate NFC contender with Dak and additions. 

What some teams would possibly do is sign & trade Dak for draft capital/players and use the 10th pick or move up to draft a hot shot QB on rookie contract and rebuild. 

Archived