Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

This is a great video. Something I found interesting was how Lance does a lot of presnap stuff. Something Reich says is very important in his system. He just isn’t ready to play so who starts for a year. You almost would need to bring Jacoby back for another year and see what he does for next season.

This is a great video. Something I found interesting was how Lance does a lot of presnap stuff. Something Reich says is very important in his system. He just isn’t ready to play so who starts for a year. You almost would need to bring Jacoby back for another year and see what he does for next season.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I like Lance but to be brutally honest I doubt if he's there at #21, so CB would likely have to trade up to get him. Also, even if Ballard could pull that off, I don't think Lance would be able to step in in EITHER 2021 or 2022 and QB this roster to a Super Bowl. If you draft Lance, almost by definition you're in a modified "rebuild" unless you plan on opening up the bank to re-sign most of the OL, Leonard and some other defenders, etc.....

13 minutes ago, poilucelt said:

I like Lance but to be brutally honest I doubt if he's there at #21, so CB would likely have to trade up to get him. Also, even if Ballard could pull that off, I don't think Lance would be able to step in in EITHER 2021 or 2022 and QB this roster to a Super Bowl. If you draft Lance, almost by definition you're in a modified "rebuild" unless you plan on opening up the bank to re-sign most of the OL, Leonard and some other defenders, etc.....

I would say he needs a year. With him only having one game and the combine being cancelled I could see him dropping. But there are so many QB needy teams. Here is another video about him. Something that stuck out was how mature they say he is and how good his footwork is.  The team is good enough around him. The question is how much offseason will there be. Any chance they sign Stafford and draft lance if he is there at 21 and Stafford doesn’t require a 1st round pick.

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I would say he needs a year. With him only having one game and the combine being cancelled I could see him dropping. But there are so many QB needy teams. Here is another video about him. Something that stuck out was how mature they say he is and how good his footwork is.  The team is good enough around him. The question is how much offseason will there be. Any chance they sign Stafford and draft lance if he is there at 21 and Stafford doesn’t require a 1st round pick.

gotta think he needs at least TWO years, given the somewhat simplified offense he ran in college--not to mention the limited defenses he faced

my suspicion is that Lions would want (at least) a 1st round pick for Stafford and (again) IMO he ISN"T WORTH ONE at this point in his career

so if the Colts sacrifice draft capital to move up for Lance, it's a risky move--give up a lot of opportunity to bolster the roster long-term in order to draft a guy who (again, IMO) won't be ready to lead the 2021 or even 2022 Colts to a Super Bowl

8 hours ago, Thebrashandthebold said:

Cam Newton. He is back. His arm is sound. His running ability is as good as ever and he would be an All Pro behind our line. He is a former MVP, he has been to a Super Bowl, he has unique talents that other teams have to change their normal defense to cope with him. He was rusty last year but he showed more than a few flashes of the old Cam. He is still young. He wouldn't take draft picks and he should be signed for a reasonable amount of money. Get Cam Newton as soon as possible so that he can learn the offense and the offense can be changed to fit his unique talents.

Newton looked done, finished, in New England all season long

7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Mat I suggest that you look at the Colts history to find the reasons for a lot of things. 

I have and this is why it needs to change. We are not winning anything other than 10/11 games a season. That's not the prize. Passing quarterbacks got us 1 ring in the last 18 years and forever before that. go get Watson 

3 minutes ago, conklincolt said:

I have and this is why it needs to change. We are not winning anything other than 10/11 games a season. That's not the prize. Passing quarterbacks got us 1 ring in the last 18 years and forever before that. go get Watson 

You can’t just snap your fingers and go get someone. You have to have a trade partner. They aren’t trading him in the division and they might not even trade him at all.

Cam's every forward pass looks awkward, as if the surgeries were only partially successful.

Mariota looks like a bargain for LV, but he always gets injured.

Garopolo looks expensive, and also is injury prone.

Stafford has taken too many hits for too many years on a bad team.

In the 2018 opener vs the Jets, Patricia should have pulled him out sooner.

I voted 'roll with Eason' in the poll, but could have added my vote to logan59's, doubling the count for Trubisky, who also may have had injuries of unknown severity, but could cost less than 3 out of the 4 above.

56 minutes ago, conklincolt said:

Be honest with yourself. Do you really think the Texans would trade their franchise QB to a division rival?

1 hour ago, conklincolt said:

Do you realize since we won the SB in 2006, only 2 teams have won 2 or more SB's. The Giants did in 2007 and 2011 and of course the Pats did in 2014, 2016, and 2018. That is a 15 year sample size of only 2 franchises winning 2 or more SB's (2006-2020). You make it sound like winning SB's is easy lmao . We did win 1 at least. You think we can get Watson by snapping our fingers? homer simpson stars GIF

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I know I haven been dragging Mac Jones but a lot of stuff I have been researching is how good he goes through his reads and his pocket awareness. I don’t want to get on accuracy to much because of so many little dump offs. They are saying he actually does have a strong arm. 

https://www.sportscasting.com/mac-jones-could-have-a-better-rookie-season-than-trevor-lawrence-and-justin-fields-if-a-mock-draft-proves-to-be-true/

I fully support Mac Jones and still think he would be an absolute asset on this team. Colts certainly have a team that can help him tremendously.

39 minutes ago, krunk said:

Is Matt Ryan finished?

This is who I was thinking may be a more realistic target.

He is a little older than Stafford, but IMO, is a better overall QB.

Falcons have the 4th overall selection and therefore, may take a QB, making Ryan expendable.

Just now, SR711 said:

This is who I was thinking may be a more realistic target.

He is a little older than Stafford, but IMO, is a better overall QB.

Falcons have the 4th overall selection and therefore, may take a QB, making Ryan expendable.

I'm pretty sure they are stuck with Ryan

14 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

https://www.sportscasting.com/mac-jones-could-have-a-better-rookie-season-than-trevor-lawrence-and-justin-fields-if-a-mock-draft-proves-to-be-true/

I fully support Mac Jones and still think he would be an absolute asset on this team. Colts certainly have a team that can help him tremendously.

The problem is how do you evaluate him. He never gets pressured and WR are wide open. Because of the talent around him everything is eash.

I  am leaning toward Jacoby starting again. Getting Stafford is going to depend on if he wants out or not. 

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

The problem is how do you evaluate him. He never gets pressured and WR are wide open. Because of the talent around him everything is eash.

I  am leaning toward Jacoby starting again. Getting Stafford is going to depend on if he wants out or not. 

Jacoby would be near the bottom of my list. 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

He wouldn't get pressured here granted Colts get good LT

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

He might be the only Option as a vet to bridge it to Eason. 

That's a terrible attitude to have going into the season 

It’s the nfl not college. 

What does that to do with anything? Colts have a very high quality pass OL.

If they can get a good LT they should continue to be a top 10 unit 

15 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

If the Colts go into 21 with Jacoby Brissett as the starter that's peak 9 - 7 tops and absolutely no shot as SB. 

I love JB and hope he stays on as a backup but if he's the starter hope Colts draft a QB for beyond that cause 21 it's over 

There might not be any other options. The FA are all bad. We might not be able to get Stafford. So that leaves Jacoby and Eason or a rookie. Ballard needs to pull a rabbit out of his hat. Chances are it’s Jacoby with Eason or a rookie backing him up.

There might not be any other options. The FA are all bad. We might not be able to get Stafford. So that leaves Jacoby and Eason or a rookie. Ballard needs to pull a rabbit out of his hat. Chances are it’s Jacoby with Eason or a rookie backing him up.

Its very early in the process. Lets hope Ballard doesn't have the same attitude you do. Seems like you have accepted possible failure.

Matt Ryan is only 35 2/3 old today, but will cost $41 in 21 and $40 in 22.

Doesn't Ryan Fitzpatrick seem like a bargain at only $5.5 per year, with one year remaining in Miami?

Overpaying QBs or any players seems risky.

Any of them could just retire at any nanosecond, and be living next day in Venice Beach, CA, with a new career, writing children's books, or cartoons.

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Jacoby as starter is a wasted season (I don't think I could stomach another season of JB).  A mediocre record not good enough to really compete and not bad enough to get a top pick. They either need to invest in a vet like Stafford, Ryan, etc that gives us a realistic chance to compete next season or go all in on a "boom/bust" whether that is getting someone like a Winston or Darnold, throwing Eason into the fire, or paying the price to move up for a rookie; that way we at least have a good shot of getting a good draft pick if it doesn't work out.  

Jacoby. Dalton, Fitz, etc ... just keep the Colts stuck in mediocrity. Ballard is eventually going to have to take a chance one way or the other.  You can only sit on the fence waiting for the "perfect prospect" for so long ; especially drafting in the middle void of round 1.

3 hours ago, esmort said:

Jacoby as starter is a wasted season (I don't think I could stomach another season of JB).  A mediocre record not good enough to really compete and not bad enough to get a top pick. They either need to invest in a vet like Stafford, Ryan, etc that gives us a realistic chance to compete next season or go all in on a "boom/bust" whether that is getting someone like a Winston or Darnold, throwing Eason into the fire, or paying the price to move up for a rookie; that way we at least have a good shot of getting a good draft pick if it doesn't work out.  

Jacoby. Dalton, Fitz, etc ... just keep the Colts stuck in mediocrity. Ballard is eventually going to have to take a chance one way or the other.  You can only sit on the fence waiting for the "perfect prospect" for so long ; especially drafting in the middle void of round 1.

Agreed. I'll take an up and down roller coaster of a season with Winston or Fitz

over a year of JB.

7 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Not necessarily. They could move Eason to a starter role and sign an aged vet. Kind of like what we did with Luck and Hasselbeck

5 hours ago, esmort said:

What if Stafford doesn’t ask for a trade? What if they don’t want to trade him? Can’t just say I want Stafford. No Ryan and Fitz are not options.  If they believe Eason can be ready in a year it just might be Jacoby. 

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Not necessarily. They could move Eason to a starter role and sign an aged vet. Kind of like what we did with Luck and Hasselbeck

If we can’t get Stafford this would be my preferred option. Just see what Eason can do.  I just don’t see it. Would Jacoby come back if they told him he had to compete with Eason for the starter role? It. Might very well come down to Jacoby, Eason, or a rookie starting. Not many options out there. 

I have no idea what unlock the swag means, but I picked it anyway.  Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Lance dropped into the 2nd at all.  He's got one full season as starter unless you count their lone 2020 game as a "full season."  One year wonders are incredibly difficult to project.  You're not surprised if someone takes him in the first, but you wouldn't be surprised if he fell into day 2 or even day 3.  Trey Lance looked amazing in 2019 . . . against Div-II competition mind you.  

So move up to take Trey?  It may not be necessary.  Belicheck is definitely a guy that I could foresee taking him in the first.  But I have a hard time projecting where guys like Trey Lance are valued by NFL brass.

2 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I have no idea what unlock the swag means, but I picked it anyway.  Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Lance dropped into the 2nd at all.  He's got one full season as starter unless you count their lone 2020 game as a "full season."  One year wonders are incredibly difficult to project.  You're not surprised if someone takes him in the first, but you wouldn't be surprised if he fell into day 2 or even day 3.  Trey Lance looked amazing in 2019 . . . against Div-II competition mind you.  

To me I think he goes around where Love went.

Isnt it crazy almost all the elite QB never went to a huge school. Just kind of shows you that when you get surrounded by so much talent at these mega schools it’s hard to evaluate.

4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

What if Stafford doesn’t ask for a trade? What if they don’t want to trade him? Can’t just say I want Stafford. No Ryan and Fitz are not options.  If they believe Eason can be ready in a year it just might be Jacoby. 

Then you choose one of the other options I listed ...just about any option is better than JB.

Archived