Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

As a Stanford guy, I should share that I live Solomon the person.   But I don’t think he’s had a single good year yet in the NFL.   

I think he might be on par with Muhammad, but not as good as Autry.   He’s sub-6’3” and roughly 270-280.    So he can play some DE and some 3-tech.   While that versatility is a plus, I’m not sure he plays either spot at a real high level.

Compounding matters...   I believe he suffered a torn Achilles.   So, he’s going to need a full medical report to be considered. 

Torn ACL with heavy other damage to other ligaments. Sounds eerily similar to the injury I suffered in 08. That took 3 years to get back to form. Granted I’m no pro athlete but being military I wasn’t exactly out of shape either. 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, w87r said:

I don’t think this has taken into account that Thomas tore his Achilles at the start of the season.   I don’t see anyone paying him that kind of money coming off that injury. 

3 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Brees restructured basically to save the Saints. Dropped his salary to league vet minimum to get them out of a negative cap to give them somewhere around (just off the top of my head) 20 million. 

Had he not done that his salary would have been on the books through free agency and the draft both which would have tied their hands in a knot. 

They’re still way way over, just not as much as before. Somewhere in the 75-80’million OVER range now

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

The rumor I saw was bears are offering two second round picks while the colts are offering a second and a third.  Bears aren’t blinking either.

That's more like it.  I still say throw them a bone to take Ertz off their hands and lets close this deal.

22 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

You don’t walk away. You say this is my final offer. Call me back when your serious and in the mean time I am going to go look at other options.

You run away.  With Wentz we’re going nowhere fast.  There are similar much cheaper options out there.  Run away.  If they can’t move him, they’ll come begging back.  Then we’ll get him for a 3rd (which is about what he’s really worth).

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

This is why unless the GM has some kind of tie to the Ownership they are usually replaced either right before or at the same time as the HC

Most likely the reason he wants so much. And doesn’t want future to picks. He’s the desperate one

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

If they drag this on and the colts and bears find different options he will be lucky to get a third round pick. 

For wentz i would be begging to come to the colts. Going to the Bears or Colts could mean my career is over to being revived.

He has a decent chance to succeed in Indy

He would die in Chicago 

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If they drag this on and the colts and bears find different options he will be lucky to get a third round pick. 

For wentz i would be begging to come to the colts. Going to the Bears or Colts could mean my career is over to being revived.

If the rumor of bad blood is there, it’s highly likely they don’t give two craps about Wentz or his feelings 

Archived