Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Why so you want some with weaknesses when he have a guy already on the roster with a elite arm. I doubt Ballard goes for a guy like Jones with Eason already on the roster. If he goes for a QB it will be someone with unique qualities.

That's where my head is at with Jones as well. If we aren't able to land one of these vets via trade, I see us bringing in a bridge QB like Fitzpatrick or Winston that will give us competent QB play, but also give Eason someone to compete with for the starting position. I don't think he's ready at the moment, but I feel like if he can beat out a guy like Fitzpatrick or Winston in year 2 (even if it's mid-season), that bodes well for his development.

Some of his biggest issues came from allowing his rocket arm to overcompensate for bad footwork and playing in an overcomplicated system (feels like they tried way too hard to be "creative"). I think with all of the work with the QB guru over the offseason, he'll have a lot of those footwork issues worked out and hopefully a much better grip on our offense.

4 minutes ago, Shive said:

That's where my head is at with Jones as well. If we aren't able to land one of these vets via trade, I see us bringing in a bridge QB like Fitzpatrick or Winston that will give us competent QB play, but also give Eason someone to compete with for the starting position. I don't think he's ready at the moment, but I feel like if he can beat out a guy like Fitzpatrick or Winston in year 2 (even if it's mid-season), that bodes well for his development.

Some of his biggest issues came from allowing his rocket arm to overcompensate for bad footwork and playing in an overcomplicated system (feels like they tried way too hard to be "creative"). I think with all of the work with the QB guru over the offseason, he'll have a lot of those footwork issues worked out and hopefully a much better grip on our offense.

I have felt this way since day 1

What shred of evidence is there that Ballard or Reich are high on Eason?

Ballard recently said they don’t even know if he’s a backup yet. Why are people talking like he’s even an option to start week 1? He’s a late round pick that QB needy teams passed on several times. He’s not the guy.

2 minutes ago, TheNextGM said:

Ballard recently said they don’t even know if he’s a backup yet. Why are people talking like he’s even an option to start week 1? He’s a late round pick that QB needy teams passed on several times. He’s not the guy.

If he goes into next season as the backup with the veteran as the starter then chances are high he could start in 22' but if he's the 3rd stringer again he will be a clipboard holder.

12 minutes ago, TheNextGM said:

I don’t see him as a starter this year but maybe in 22

35 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Am I crazy thinking Trubisky would play well here?

I have honestly not followed Trubisky.  The games I watched, he never seemed to stink it up.  I don't recall him throwing picks at bad times, taking a bunch of bad sacks, sailing the ball, etc.  It was just that CHI had problems moving the ball and scoring.  He can run for first downs sometimes.

Could simply be bad decision making.  Not seeing the correct receiver.  

I still say part of his problem is not living up to expectations.

3 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Trubisky is not even a mid-level QB. He is top 23-24 at best. Winston, Darnold, Wentz, Ryan, and Lock are all better options. 

That’s funny... Wentz was 31st and Darnold was 32. 

1 minute ago, joecolts said:

Still holding out hope that Mac Jones wears blue & white for Indy after April.

Isn’t he a Bama QB?

9 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Trubisky is not even a mid-level QB. He is top 23-24 at best. Winston, Darnold, Wentz, Ryan, and Lock are all better options. 

Trubisky under Reich and with a good line.. better than you might think. He’s a far far far superior option to any QB in the draft not named Lawrence or Wilson.

20 minutes ago, TheNextGM said:

Trubisky under Reich and with a good line.. better than you might think. He’s a far far far superior option to any QB in the draft not named Lawrence or Wilson.

Trubisky a far far far superior option than Fields???    Pure Poppycock.  :scorebad:

13 minutes ago, joecolts said:

Still holding out hope that Mac Jones wears blue & white for Indy after April.

We drafted a QB last year and never got to see him play.  We are not drafting another one this year because of those circumstances.   Our starting QB will be a veteran.  We just don't know who yet.

12 minutes ago, TheNextGM said:

My guess is that Trubisky is pretty far down the pecking order given all of the other alternatives.  

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

We drafted a QB last year and never got to see him play.  We are not drafting another one this year because of those circumstances.   Our starting QB will be a veteran.  We just don't know who yet.

That remains a mystery now 

Just now, richard pallo said:

My guess is that Trubisky is pretty far down the pecking order given all of the other alternatives.  

I prefer him over Winston 

2 hours ago, stitches said:

Imagine if it's actually Ballard and Reich from the Colts side and Roseman and Sirianni from Philly side on a zoom call thinking about what to do with Wentz...

Roseman: So... now that we have the deal for no. 6 ready... wanna help us with that Wentz thing?

Reich: No, no... I thought I was clear - I don't want anything to do with Wentz. 

Roseman: Nah, I don't mean for the Colts... lets make the Bears "outbid" you. 

Ballard: OK... what do we do? Should I let Schefter know we are pushing for Wentz?

Sirianni: You sure you want to burn that bridge? We can always use Dan Sileo or Fosh... they eat that ship up. I already told Fosh we are having a call at 9am today. 

Reich: Alright, Tell them "the Colts believe they can fix Wentz and are pushing hard for him..."... throw out some nonesense about 2 firsts or first and ... Darius Leonard. 

Roseman: They can't be this stupid to buy this stuff, can they? 

Ballard: You never know until you try... 

Ballard: OK... what do we do? Should I let Schefter know we are pushing for Wentz?

Sirianni: You sure you want to burn that bridge? We can always use Dan Sileo or Fosh... they eat that ship up. I already told Fosh we are having a call at 9am today. 

Reich: Fosh? Like with an "F"? Who the F is that guy? (Reich and Ballard chuckle together)

Roseman: He's this dude on Twitter that apparently gets retweeted and quoted on chat boards. 

Ballard: I like it.

Just now, shasta519 said:

I would halfway believe this was possible if I didn't want Tribusky constantly miss on passes.

I don't expect him to be an all pro by any means but would take him before trading 1st for Wentz

Just now, Colts1324 said:

Fields and Lance will both be better IMO.

Lance will need year to sit but will be good 

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

I don't expect him to be an all pro by any means but would take him before trading 1st for Wentz

Lance will need year to sit but will be good 

Lance could pull a Lamar Jackson & come in mid season & spark a similar run to what the Ravens had his rookie year.  

Archived