Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

What the hell is this garbage

I’m in favor of making it known to Dak we’d like to talk. People need to just shut up about him wanting 35 million plus a year. He can want in one hand and % in the other. Guess which fills up first?

THE ONE WHERE HE’S BOT GETTING 35 MILLION A YEAR. He’ll get top 10 pay, and deservedly so. 

Brown wants to move to LT because he wants that LT money. And I’ve got a feeling he’s not gonna want mediocre LT money. He wants the big bucks. 

I believe we do go after Robinson. Not at that price, but I really do believe that we make a serious play for him. Especially if Hilton leaves. 

2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I’m in favor of making it known to Dak we’d like to talk. People need to just shut up about him wanting 35 million plus a year. He can want in one hand and % in the other. Guess which fills up first?

THE ONE WHERE HE’S BOT GETTING 35 MILLION A YEAR. He’ll get top 10 pay, and deservedly so. 

Brown wants to move to LT because he wants that LT money. And I’ve got a feeling he’s not gonna want mediocre LT money. He wants the big bucks. 

I believe we do go after Robinson. Not at that price, but I really do believe that we make a serious play for him. Especially if Hilton leaves. 

I can't see Ballard going after any of the high profile WRs

I would just draft Elijah Moore

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

We aren’t getting any big FA WR without the QB situation being more stable.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A lot of mention of Trubisky in here. I work with a diehard Bears fan and he told me he would give him to the Colts for a bag of chips. He has seen every game he has played in and says he just isn't that good. He doesn't like Foles either. I told him don't worry you guys will get Wentz haha . 

Only the last few days here on Trubisky.  Just fans grasping at straws.  The longer the search takes they will find a way to want them all eventually. 

10 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

Me too, Kid's got heart, he's mobile, pretty good arm.  This is who we need, 

I have friends who are Bears fans and I really don't want to spend my Sundays like they do. They don't dislike Mitch, they have stronger negative feelings than dislike and it's not their fault...

Just now, The Fish said:

I have friends who are Bears fans and I really don't want to spend my Sundays like they do. They don't dislike Mitch, they have stronger negative feelings than dislike and it's not their fault...

the coaching and system is the reason mitch sucks there 

he would have success here 

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Matter of fact it’s going to be hard getting any FA at any position without a stable QB situation. No one is going to come here if Mariota is the QB.

no thanks to that 

mariota 

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Yep, see my post above. I work with a Bears fan and he doesn't think Mitch can take them anywhere.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

In light of what i said do you really believe the Bears have a better offer than us? I doubt it. They keep highlighting the Bears bc both offers are low and they want the Colts to think they might get beaten out by the Bears in order to get the Colts to do better.

Yes they could.  We have no idea what is being offered.  I am not going to pretend to know who is offering more but I do know Ballard will set a price and not go over it so it wouldn’t shock me if someone else gets Wentz.  

However that has nothing to do with your point I responded to you about.  I was saying the Eagles trade Wentz it doesn’t really matter if he wants to go where they trade him or not he’s going there.  He doesn’t have a no trade clause to block it.  

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A lot of mention of Trubisky in here. I work with a diehard Bears fan and he told me he would give him to the Colts for a bag of chips. He has seen every game he has played in and says he just isn't that good. He doesn't like Foles either. I told him don't worry you guys will get Wentz haha . 

Wentz will take us no where but qb purgatory.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I trust Ballard in building a great team. Not sure I trust him yet on the QB position. When he was on Dakich he mentioned we can win with a “functional QB”. Said Reich can win with whoever we get. Those words worry me with him and the QB situational. We can’t just settle for functional.

I'd rather Ballard keep his picks rather than trade them away for Wentz 

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I trust Ballard in building a great team. Not sure I trust him yet on the QB position. When he was on Dakich he mentioned we can win with a “functional QB”. Said Reich can win with whoever we get. Those words worry me with him and the QB situational. We can’t just settle for functional.

A good manager works for me.  

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I suggest you guys go look at Chris Sheppard from stampede blue twitter. He did a bunch of film break downs on Wentz He was shocked because he was expecting a very bad QB. He seen a lot of good stuff.

Same stuff ive seen the whole way while everyone else has been wetting the bed

5 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I can't see Ballard going after any of the high profile WRs

I would just draft Elijah Moore

I think the market for Robinson will be weaker than most expect. I really expect he’s going to take a one year “prove it” deal somewhere with a quality QB that way he can circle back around for the big money deal later. He won’t be signing for jabroni money or anything, but I do think he’ll do a discount deal this year to get into a situation he feels like will be good for him to try and set up something better long-term. 

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We aren’t getting any big FA WR without the QB situation being more stable.

Problem is there is absolutely no guarantee that we have the QB problem solved by the time free agency opens. In fact, that’s pretty highly likely at this point. Nothing is doing now, and the focus across front offices is going to shift from potential trades to getting ready for free agency. It’s just a little over a month away now.

Once we get closer to the draft and teams have their draft boards in a more final order than they do now the trade talks will pick back up as teams try to jockey for position in the draft. 

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep, see my post above. I work with a Bears fan and he doesn't think Mitch can take them anywhere.

Mitch was a very average qb in college on a very average UNC team. There was nothing special about him.

Then for some baffling reason, the bears gm takes him 5th overall, passing on mahommes and Watson.

Trubitsky belonged in the 3rd round. Then you would have never heard of him.

He's really a career backup but because he was picked 5th overall, he keeps getting chances. 

But he is what he is. A back up

Just now, PRnum1 said:

Mitch was a very average qb in college on a very average UNC team. There was nothing special about him.

Then for some baffling reason, the bears gm takes him 5th overall, passing on mahommes and Watson.

He's really a career backup but because he was picked 5th overall, he keeps getting chances. 

I remember that draft and was baffled they didn't take Watson. At the time I had no idea how great Mahomes would be, nobody did but I thought Watson would be good. So when they passed on Watson I was stunned.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Could be but Gruden is a strange duck, that could change and Gruden loves Mariota on top of it.

Marcus is the one on the trade block.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Could be but Gruden is a strange duck, that could change and Gruden loves Mariota on top of it.

Marcus is the one on the trade block.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I remember that draft and was baffled they didn't take Watson. At the time I had no idea how great Mahomes would be, nobody did but I thought Watson would be good. So when they passed on Watson I was stunned.

Your absolutely right. Watson was the man in college.

He had just led Clemson to a national championship beating a very good Alabama team. That is no small feat to beat Alabama. 

I thought for sure he would be the first qb picked

11 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Just for the record....    Trubisky was taken 2nd overall, not 5th.     Mahomes went 10th and Watson went 12th. 

Archived