Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brissett

Patrick Miller

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that he will be elsewhere in 2021. The Colts have already exhibited that they do not feel he's the QB they want to move forward with. Eason will probably be the back-up and Rivers again the starter. Unless they sign Zach  Prescott , hard to imagine anything different than that ?

We love him here (coaches) but I think he will be gone unless he wants to sign for backup kind of money. He wants to start IMO, I don't blame him for wanting too as that is just being competitive. He has it made here :dunno:. To be a back up I would take 5 Mill a year and hold a clip board for the next 5 years, that is a huge paycut for him but still great for a backup. Come in when needed - win 1 or 2 games, that is me though haha .

21 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Does anyone really believe he’ll get a starting job elsewhere next year?

I remember the 1/2 dozen folks who swore that Jim Caldwell would never coach in the NFL again. When brought to their attention later after he indeed did, it went to, he'll never coach a winning team again. Definitives rarely age well when emotion is involved. 

But to answer your question, yes, I believe he will start somewhere in the NFL. How long? I have no idea. 

5 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I remember the 1/2 dozen folks who swore that Jim Caldwell would never coach in the NFL again. When brought to their attention later after he indeed did, it went to, he'll never coach a winning team again. Definitives rarely age well when emotion is involved. 

But to answer your question, yes, I believe he will start somewhere in the NFL. How long? I have no idea. 

Good response!

There is one scenario where he will be elsewhere. That is if rivers finished strong and comes back next year. Then Eason is his backup. Then Jacoby is gone.  If rivers doesn’t come back there could be a pretty good chance he comes back and him and Eason fight for the starting job.  Everything goes out the window though if the colts draft another QB. If they draft one high and rivers comes back then  all bets are off.  Next year really hinges on if rivers has a great season and comes back. Jacoby would be a good backup for Eason. Winston couldn’t even get a job. 

14 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

There are quite a few Lion fans who want Caldwell back and thought he shouldn't have been fired. 

IMO the Jets should have hired him as well. 

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

There is one scenario where he will be elsewhere. That is if rivers finished strong and comes back next year. Then Eason is his backup. Then Jacoby is gone.  If rivers doesn’t come back there could be a pretty good chance he comes back and him and Eason fight for the starting job.  Everything goes out the window though if the colts draft another QB. If they draft one high and rivers comes back then  all bets are off.  Next year really hinges on if rivers has a great season and comes back. Jacoby would be a good backup for Eason. Winston couldn’t even get a job. 

If Jacoby is "competing for the starting job" next year for the Colts, then the org is leaning out over the abyss or tanking for 2022.

10 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I'm trying to figure out who would want him as a starter.  Maybe the Jets or WFT if they draft their future QB and want Jacoby to do a Fitz for them.  Who else?

There are a lot of journeymen QBs who could fill that role.

I think that'll probably be the role JB will see in the future. The journeyman QB that teams will bring in to be a bridge QB or just a backup. He'll probably get starting gigs, but they won't be with intent of him being the long-term answer.

8 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

If Eason is ready to be the back up I'd try to trade him now, like to the Cowboys for a 3rd.

I think they'd jump on a 3rd if they could get it.  But I'm not sure the Boys could afford a backup at his rate.

Plus, we're still in win now mode (for now) so they'll want to keep him as insurance.

1 hour ago, Dingus McGirt said:

He’s a year removed from last being a starter.  Does anyone really believe he’ll get a starting job elsewhere next year?

Only team I could think of would potentially be New England if Cam and the Patriots don't turn it around and if Belichick comes back.  The only reason I say that is because Jacoby is a disciplined player who doesn't turn the ball over much and he has familiarity with NE.  I think Belichick could win with him being basically a game manager, and if NE drafts a QB who they want to develop, I could see Jacoby making sense for them as a short-term solution.

41 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

If Eason is ready to be the back up I'd try to trade him now, like to the Cowboys for a 3rd.

Highly doubt we could trade Jacoby for a 3rd.  I don't think he's any better than Dalton, anyway.

I honestly believe he will be a starter in this league. 2017 he had no team around him. It was like his rookie season. Last season the numbers before the injury are there. Some of you really downplay him. At the end of the season he couldn’t stop into his throws. He was playing through that injury. Didn’t quit on the team like someone else we know. That person was also afraid of losing their job to him. He has talent, but needs a team around him. He was also in the talks for MVP before he got injured. 

25 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

Dak Prescott is my dream scenario for our QB of the future. After watching what the cowboys are without him, I am convinced he was being held back by an unfathomably inept organization. If we can't get him after this year, hopefully we get him the year after.

What Dak are you watching? He is one of the most inaccurate QB in the league. Watching the Cowboys with him this season was the reason they were behind. It was also a collective effort from there defense as well. My brothers are Cowboys fans. Also weren’t you paying attention to anything Jerry Jones said about him? Even Jerry knows he isn’t accurate. Can’t reset and throw after escaping the pocket. He doesn’t have the downfield eye vision for it. Me personally I’ll pass hard on Dak. My * he was being held back lol 

6 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Didn’t quit on the team like someone else we know. That person was also afraid of losing their job to him.

Just to make sure I'm clear, you're saying that Luck was afraid of losing the starting QB job to Brissett?

1 hour ago, ColtJax said:

My thoughts exactly watching thay game last night.

Brutal

2-4 division leaders, he could be just what they need.

4 hours ago, Four2itus said:

I would add that many thought McDaniels would never be a head coach candidate again after his flip flop here

5 hours ago, dw49 said:

I agree that he will be elsewhere in 2021. The Colts have already exhibited that they do not feel he's the QB they want to move forward with. Eason will probably be the back-up and Rivers again the starter. Unless they sign Zach  Prescott , hard to imagine anything different than that ?

who dat?

12 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Jerry wouldn't pay Dak, why would he want to pick up Brissett and his contract? :sarcasm:

Some are forgetting about Brissetts contract. 

They would only owe him in the $8m range.

Most likely less because that would of been full 16 games, since we are 6 games in that number would probably be cut in half almost.

We are on the hook for the majority of his contract.

Jerry isnt happy, Brissett IMO gives them a better chance to be decent this year.

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

They would only owe him in the $8m range.

Most likely less because that would of been full 16 games, since we are 6 games in that number would probably be cut in half almost.

We are on the hook for the majority of his contract.

Jerry isnt happy, Brissett IMO gives them a better chance to be decent this year.

looks like they would owe him about $5.5m for rest of season.

I think Ballard makes a move for a qb in the draft.  It's time, the roster is deep and young enough to allow it. The head coach is settled in, Luck's retirement is no longer "shocking".  All of the surprises he's endured are in the rear view mirror.

Selecting "his qb" is the only thing left for him to do.  It will simultaneously define his tenure as the colts gm and determine the length said tenure.

I believe he gets one shot at it and it will buy him a minimum of 3 more years in the gm seat.  If The kid doesn't develop it'll be time for a new era in Indy.

Eason could be his shot btw, in which case he should be starting next year.  I dont think Rivers returns and another retread is just treading water.

Dear God, this thread is a complete dumpster fire.    When it’s comes to JB people here lose their minds.

Hard to see him getting traded.  The Colts still need him. 

Hard to see him signed by another team next year to be their starter.   Andy Dalton didn’t get signed as a starter and AD is a better option than JB.   Cam Newton had to wait until nearly training camp to get a pitiful offer. 

Whether he stays or leaves, I see JB signing with some team to be their back up.   A GM can’t stand up before the local media and announce the team’s new starting quarterback is Jacoby Brissett.   That will never happen.   He may get an opportunity because the starter gets hurt, but that’s totally different than being signed as the starter.   Come on now, people.....

Can't see any team coming after him as a starter. He's not a top 20 guy. And if you don't have a top 20 guy, you're trying to figure out how to get a top 20 guy.

He could certainly end up competing at some places due to injury, or as a bridge, but I just can't see any GM trying to sell JB as a franchise QB to a fan base. 

And I can't see any team giving up anything substantial for a trade right now.

Archived